|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the Fleet Air Arm, George Martin was invited to appear on which BBC program?
(a) "Navy Mixture".
(b) "Top of the Pops".
(c) "Benny Hill Show".
(d) "Army Marches".
2. Why was George Martin shocked when he viewed "Crooks Anonymous", a film that he scored?
(a) The vocal track had been removed from the song that played during the opening credits.
(b) His movie score had been replaced with someone else's.
(c) The balance between percussion and other instruments was all wrong.
(d) The music was out of sync with the action.
3. During the Beatles' first recording session, George Martin wanted to replace which Beatle with a studio musician?
(a) George Harrison.
(b) Ringo Starr.
(c) Pete Best.
(d) John Lennon.
4. When George Martin was a child, his grandmother lived where?
5. What was George Martin's day job at the BBC Music Library, after he finished music school?
(a) Sorting scores.
(c) Recording young musicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to George Martin, is the real wonder of music and orchestration?
2. As stated in Chapter 8, in what year did George Martin make his first trip to America?
3. George Martin had trouble plugging "Love Me Do" for what reason, as explained in Chapter 7?
4. George Martin states, throughout "All You Need Is Ears", that major change comes to the recording industry at what general interval of time?
5. The Beatles first signed with which publisher in America?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)