|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound near the end of "Good Morning" sounded remarkably like the guitar at the beginning of "Sergeant Pepper", allowing for an easy fusion of "Good Morning" and the "Sergeant Pepper Reprise"?
(a) A horse neighing.
(b) A chicken clucking.
(c) A baby crying.
(d) A man laughing.
2. In Chapter 10, which Beatle does George Martin describe as an aural Salvador Dali?
(a) John Lennon.
(b) Paul McCartney.
(c) George Harrison.
(d) Ringo Starr.
3. George Martin's inspiration for AIR's second studio was The Manor, owned by whom?
(a) Rupert Neve.
(b) Mike Oldfield.
(c) Phil Ramon.
(d) Richard Branson.
4. The original contract between the Beatles and Parlophone was set to last for how long?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
5. What did George Martin predict would happen soon after publication of "All You Need Is Ears", regarding holography?
(a) Stereo transmission.
(b) Holographic music.
(c) Full-color transmission.
(d) Holographic discs.
Short Answer Questions
1. As explained in Chapter 4, what is the normal range of hearing for humans?
2. George Martin and his second wife, Judy Lockhart-Smith, attended the Beatles' fancy dress party for "Magical Mystery Tour" as what characters?
3. The composer Bach trudged hundreds of miles in a failed attempt to meet which other musician, according to George Martin in Chapter 2?
4. How long after the wedding of George Martin and Sheena, did his mother pass away?
5. On George Harrison's "Within You Without You", what Indian violin is featured?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)