|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During recording sessions, as described in Chapter 5, George Martin and which artist often collapsed into fits of giggles?
(a) Peggy Lee.
(b) Peter Sellers.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) George Harrison.
2. Early in Chapter 1, when the Beatles stood up George Martin, where did he find them?
(a) The Hotel Jacques Cinq.
(b) The Hotel Jacques Trois.
(c) The Hotel Georges Deux.
(d) The Hotel Georges Cinq.
3. What was unusual about the piano-playing skill of Irving Berlin, according to George Martin?
(a) He could only play his own compositions.
(b) He could not play the piano without accompaniment.
(c) He could only play in G flat.
(d) He could only play with his eyes closed.
4. After attending a concert, George Martin met Eric Harrison, a musician who played which instrument?
5. According to George Martin in Chapter 7, Ringo Starr's lack of technical skill was made up for by what?
(a) The sweet voice of Paul McCartney.
(c) The rough voice of John Lennon.
(d) Solid technique and individuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Chapter 3, what was George Martin's job at Parlophone?
2. George Martin had trouble plugging "Love Me Do" for what reason, as explained in Chapter 7?
3. As explained in Chapter 4, what is the normal range of hearing for humans?
4. When George Martin took over Parlophone, what was the job description of Shirley Spence?
5. In what year was George Martin born?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)