|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What password did the Beatles invent, to warn each other about dubious fans approaching?
2. At the end of Chapter 1, who offered George Martin a job?
(a) Peter Ustinov.
(b) Oscar Preuss.
(c) Sidney Harrison.
(d) Eric Harrison.
3. George Martin had trouble plugging "Love Me Do" for what reason, as explained in Chapter 7?
(a) The Beatles were from Liverpool, not London.
(b) The industry was expecting a comedy record from him.
(c) The song title seemed trite.
(d) The industry did not approve of the Beatles' longish hair.
4. Why is it almost never cost effective to play classical music live in modern times, according to George Martin?
(a) The sheer number of musicians needed to form an orchestra.
(b) Finding enough talented musicians to form an orchestra is difficult.
(c) Most people prefer to buy recordings rather than attend live performances.
(d) Audiences will not pay high ticket prices.
5. At the British Embassy in 1964, what did one Beatle fan do to Ringo Starr?
(b) Steal his wallet.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Snip off a piece of his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unusual about the piano-playing skill of Irving Berlin, according to George Martin?
2. The original contract between the Beatles and Parlophone was set to last for how long?
3. On what date did the Beatles gather to record their first record?
4. Who were the four Beatles who first met with George Martin in 1962?
5. George Martin states that pop music is not a step down from classical, for what reason?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)