|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was George Martin born?
2. What is a common mistake made by producers and musicians alike, according to George Martin in Chapter 4?
(a) Recording at too high a volume for standard record players in the 60s and 70s.
(b) Not protecting their ears from damage.
(c) Not copyrighting their material.
(d) Over-orchestrating their songs.
3. During the original contract between the Beatles and Parlophone, how many titles were the Beatles expected to record?
4. At the time "All You Need Is Ears" was written, what equipment was used to alter the pitch of a human voice recording?
(a) Vocal Harmoniser.
(b) Eventide Harmoniser.
(c) Harmonising Eventide.
(d) Harmonising Vocaliser.
5. Who created the Beatles' early image, featuring their famous haircuts?
(a) Brian Epstein.
(b) Pete Best.
(c) George Martin.
(d) Sid Coleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" recorded?
2. In Chapter 8, in George Martin's layer cake metaphor, what was the second layer in a four-track recording?
3. At the time George Martin took over Parlophone, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Stan Kenton, and Peggy Lee were signed with which American label?
4. As described in Chapter 4, what are bass traps?
5. How many years after George Martin returned to England from America, did he finally receive his requested studio upgrades from EMI?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)