• "All You Need Is Ears" is an autobiography, written by George Martin with Jeremy Hornsby.
• Chapter 1, "Classical Primer", begins with Martin being awakened in a Paris hotel room in 1964, to learn that the Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand" had hit number one in America.
• America is considered to be the biggest and most difficult music market in the world to crack.
• The Beatles were in Paris in 1964 to make their French debut.
• Because the Beatles were popular in Germany, EMI wanted them to record German versions of "She Loves You" and "I Want to Hold Your Hand".
• The Beatles did not want to record in German, so they stood up George Martin in Paris, but ultimately they did record the songs.
• Martin flashes back to his childhood, including his first experience with a piano at age six.
• Martin was born in 1926. He grew up...
This section contains 2,774 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)