|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What masks the alien ship?
2. What does Johanna call her captives?
(b) She prefers not to even address them.
3. What would the Straumli archeologists sell when they were done?
(a) Parcels of land of the planet they are exploring.
(b) The location of the planet they are exploring.
(c) Minerals from of the planet they are exploring.
(d) Water of the planet they are exploring.
4. What message does Jefri sent out?
(a) That he is the only one left alive on the ship.
(b) That all the sleep coffins are still viable.
(c) That all is well and they will be leaving this world shortly.
(d) A secret transmission pleading for assistance.
5. What does Scriber wonder about Johanna?
(a) What sort of creature is with her in one of her holos.
(b) Why she is always angry with those trying to help her.
(c) Why she refuses to meld.
(d) Why she refuses to learn their language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What report does the Arbitration Arts Corporation issue?
2. How many boats does Tyrathect's group scuttle?
3. Who is Olsndot's wife?
4. Who is blamed for the Blight?
5. What does Grondr tell Ravna?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bluestalk demonstrate that he is not in thrall to the Blight?
2. What does Pham learn while the OOB is headed for repairs and how does Ravna react?
3. How do packs communicate and how is this related to the fact they believe Johanna is dead when she faints?
4. How is Johanna faring in the Woodcarver's domain?
5. What causes a rift between Pham and Ravna?
6. Describe the High Council meeting Johanna attends and what happens to Woodcarver during the meeting.
7. What do Pham and Ravna think is behind the ambush by the Riders at Saint Rihndell's Repair Harbor?
8. Why does Pham distrust Steel?
9. How does narration describe Earth and its surroundings?
10. About what is Tyrathect concerned and can she do anything about it?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)