|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would render the ghosts' plan worthless?
(a) More births.
(b) The net collapsing over them.
(c) The archive being fully awakened.
(d) If they cannot separately get word to the outside.
2. Who sees the cargo shell land?
(a) Three pilgrims.
(b) A village of farmers.
(c) The Consulate general.
(d) No one sees it land.
3. What news does OOB learn?
(a) About the fall of Relay and the murder of a power.
(b) About the Blight stopping short of Beyond the Beyond.
(c) About Jefri's death.
(d) About Johanna's death.
4. What does one post say about Homo sapiens and being controlled?
(a) They have no built-in structures supporting remote control.
(b) They should be controlled by remote collars.
(c) They have several built-in structures supporting remote control.
(d) They are too strong for anything but self determination.
5. Who does Steel enter the ship?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peregrine do that angers Johanna?
2. What jumps successfully?
3. What are failing?
4. How does Steel create packs free of memory or soul and subject to total control from the beginning?
5. From what does Johanna no longer cringe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Scriber depressed?
2. What causes a rift between Pham and Ravna?
3. Why is the trip to rescue Jefri going to take longer and what does Ravna do to help Jefri because of the longer time?
4. What are a couple things Steel and Jefri learn about the other?
5. What are Blueshell and Greenstalk ordered to do and what do they fear?
6. What are the Olsndots' priorities after landing?
7. How does narration describe Earth and its surroundings?
8. Describe the beings that attack the Olsndots.
9. What does Zonograph Eidolon post on the net about the Zone surge?
10. How does Bluestalk demonstrate that he is not in thrall to the Blight?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)