|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be knocking out isolated civilizations in the High Beyond?
(a) A Class XY Perversion.
(b) A Perversion of the Classic Sense.
(c) A Perversion of the Third Sense.
(d) A Class 2 Perversion.
2. Over what do three of Johanna's captors quarrel?
(a) Whether Johanna is female.
(b) The nature of Johanna's box.
(c) Whether Johanna can meld.
(d) If there are very many other aliens on the ship.
3. With whom do Peregrin and Scriber receive an audience?
(a) Queen Stonecarver.
(b) King Woodcarver.
(c) Queen Woodcarver.
(d) Queen BeeKeeper.
4. Why does Arne anger the wolf-like men?
(a) He shoots a few of them.
(b) He flashes a laser and sets the forest on fire.
(c) He does not anger them; he merely scares them.
(d) He speaks to them in the language of their gods.
5. What makes Woodcarver feel better than she has in years?
(a) Swimming in the healing springs.
(c) Eating the heart of the bamua.
(d) A magic elixir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fragment escapes the butchering of Scriber?
2. With what do the humans make off?
3. How long does the narrator figure the archive has been lost to the net?
4. What does Jefri realize?
5. What does one Post on the net dub the Helper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the material in OOB's library says about the origins of Riders.
2. What does Steel do in the dungeons?
3. Why is the trip to rescue Jefri going to take longer and what does Ravna do to help Jefri because of the longer time?
4. What is Jefri doing during Woodcarver's army's attack?
5. How does Pham occupy his time while the OOB draws closer to the planet where Jefri awaits?
6. How do Peregrine and Scriber describe the humans?
7. What do Pham and Ravna think is behind the ambush by the Riders at Saint Rihndell's Repair Harbor?
8. Describe Peregrine Wickwrackrum / Wickwrackscar.
9. In what condition is the ship in which the Olsndot family escapes Earth by the time it reaches an unnamed and habitable world?
10. Describe Ravna Bergsndot.
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)