|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What masks the alien ship?
2. What does the crew get past Johanna?
(a) Nothing; she is ever vigilent.
(b) The universal sign in on Dataset.
(c) Her password on Dataset.
(d) The way they meld.
3. What does Steel contemplate?
(a) Killing all the star people.
(b) Going with the aliens to learn of other cultures.
(c) Keeping the aliens alive as slaves and experiemental subjects.
(d) Throwing all the aliens out of the ship once it is in space.
4. What does one post say about Homo sapiens and being controlled?
(a) They should be controlled by remote collars.
(b) They have no built-in structures supporting remote control.
(c) They have several built-in structures supporting remote control.
(d) They are too strong for anything but self determination.
5. What makes Woodcarver feel better than she has in years?
(a) Swimming in the healing springs.
(b) A magic elixir.
(d) Eating the heart of the bamua.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fragment escapes the butchering of Scriber?
2. With what does the narrator say the humans are playing?
3. What sort of welcome do Peregrine and Scriber receive?
4. What does one poster on the net think think the Blight needs?
5. Who is badly wounded in the fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe briefly what what narration says about the organization of Tines.
2. Why is the trip to rescue Jefri going to take longer and what does Ravna do to help Jefri because of the longer time?
3. What do the two "sides" (the new Power and the humans) do to try to neutralize the other?
4. About what is Tyrathect concerned and can she do anything about it?
5. How do Peregrine and Scriber describe the humans?
6. What lessens the size of Woodcarver's army even before any confrontation with Lord Steel's forces.
7. Why is Scriber depressed?
8. How does Bluestalk demonstrate that he is not in thrall to the Blight?
9. Describe Peregrine Wickwrackrum / Wickwrackscar.
10. Where are the scientists from and what are they doing?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)