|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does automation say it should not be doing?
2. About what does Woodcarver worry?
(a) Revenge from the aliens.
(b) Melding with Stonecutter.
(c) Finding enough wood to keep the prisoner.
(d) Melding with BeeKeeper.
3. What does one poster on the net think think the Blight needs?
(a) A new home galaxy.
(b) A new paradigm.
(c) A soul.
(d) Something from humans that it cannot simply take.
4. How does Ravna wish she could learn more about the Slowness?
(a) By tapping Pham's memories.
(b) By asking the net's user group.
(c) By writing a computer program to ferret out the information.
(d) By accessing classified files.
5. What should automation not need?
(a) Self awareness.
(b) External power source.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the new planet appear?
2. Why does Arne anger the wolf-like men?
3. What did Peregrine do that angers Johanna?
4. What would the Straumli archeologists sell when they were done?
5. What happens when the Old One enjoys full bandwidth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the technology like that the humans in the lab are developing and what happens?
2. Describe Arne and Sjane Olsndot and what happens to them.
3. What does Steel plan to use the alien ship for and what does Tyrathect hope to do about this?
4. What are Blueshell and Greenstalk ordered to do and what do they fear?
5. About what is Tyrathect concerned and can she do anything about it?
6. What does Zonograph Eidolon post on the net about the Zone surge?
7. What is the aftermath of the fight at Saint Rihndell's Repair Harbor?
8. What causes a rift between Pham and Ravna?
9. What happens that makes Ravna worry that Pham is a construct of the Powers?
10. Describe briefly what what narration says about the organization of Tines.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)