|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steel contemplate?
(a) Killing all the star people.
(b) Keeping the aliens alive as slaves and experiemental subjects.
(c) Throwing all the aliens out of the ship once it is in space.
(d) Going with the aliens to learn of other cultures.
2. Who is badly wounded in the fighting?
3. What does one Post on the net dub the Helper?
(a) A fraud, a screwball pushing a coercive, messianic religion/empire.
(b) A meglomaniac.
(c) A messiah.
(d) A sincere pilgrim.
4. What does automation say it should not be doing?
5. What have the archeologists awakened?
(a) A path home.
(b) A galaxy mother.
(c) An old evil.
(d) A new evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What jumps successfully?
2. When does Ravna tell Jefri they will arrive?
3. What does Johanna notice about her captors?
4. What do the observers call those who take the pup-like figures from the ship?
5. What does Joanna do to Peregrine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarbutt offer Johanna and what is her response? What does she learn from this experience?
2. What are a couple things Steel and Jefri learn about the other?
3. Describe the beings that attack the Olsndots.
4. Describe Arne and Sjane Olsndot and what happens to them.
5. Describe the High Council meeting Johanna attends and what happens to Woodcarver during the meeting.
6. Describe Johanna's deepening connection to and understanding of the people in the Woodcarver domain.
7. How does Greenstalk create havoc with Pham's trust of the two Riders?
8. What is the technology like that the humans in the lab are developing and what happens?
9. What is Jefri doing during Woodcarver's army's attack?
10. How does Bluestalk demonstrate that he is not in thrall to the Blight?
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)