|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many boats does Tyrathect's group scuttle?
(a) All but one.
(c) All but three.
2. What masks the alien ship?
3. What seems to be knocking out isolated civilizations in the High Beyond?
(a) A Class 2 Perversion.
(b) A Perversion of the Third Sense.
(c) A Class XY Perversion.
(d) A Perversion of the Classic Sense.
4. How long does the narrator figure the archive has been lost to the net?
(a) About 5 billion years.
(b) About 500 hundred years.
(c) Only 50-100 years.
(d) Maybe 1000 years.
5. What would render the ghosts' plan worthless?
(a) The archive being fully awakened.
(b) If they cannot separately get word to the outside.
(c) The net collapsing over them.
(d) More births.
6. What does one poster on the net think think the Blight needs?
(a) A soul.
(b) A new home galaxy.
(c) Something from humans that it cannot simply take.
(d) A new paradigm.
7. What does Johanna notice about her captors?
(a) They are alternately kind and cruel.
(b) They have a very primitive language.
(c) They do not grow their food.
(d) They function in packs and avoid other packs.
8. How is the archive described?
9. What does Johanna vow?
(a) To try to like the others.
(b) To get revenge for Scriber.
(c) To appeal to Queen Woodcarver for retaliation for Scriber.
(d) To help Ja survive.
10. What do the Straumli archeologists call their settlement?
(a) Little Straumli.
(b) Extra Straumli.
(c) The earth lab.
(d) The high lab.
11. Who emerges from the cargo shell?
(a) The Olsndots.
(b) Two robots.
(c) A dog.
(d) No one until the atmosphere can be tested.
12. What does Steel contemplate?
(a) Keeping the aliens alive as slaves and experiemental subjects.
(b) Going with the aliens to learn of other cultures.
(c) Killing all the star people.
(d) Throwing all the aliens out of the ship once it is in space.
13. What is the plan for the alien ship?
(a) To take it apart and use the materials.
(b) To use it and the aliens to spread Flenser's nightmare worldwide.
(c) To send the aliens away from the planet.
(d) To study it to learn how to build such a thing.
14. When does the OOB slow?
(a) As it prepares to jump into hyperspace.
(b) As it prepares to fire upon the Blight.
(c) As it enters the Middle of the Beyond.
(d) As it leaves the end of the Beyond.
15. What makes Woodcarver feel better than she has in years?
(a) Swimming in the healing springs.
(c) Eating the heart of the bamua.
(d) A magic elixir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are failing?
2. Where does Johanna sail?
3. Who is Arne Olsndot?
4. What does one Post on the net dub the Helper?
5. What is newly-born and only three days old in the archive?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)