|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what do the humans make off?
(a) Three realms.
(b) A flowering.
(c) A matrix.
(d) A quantum data container.
2. Who does the ghost say conspires?
(a) The Otherness.
(b) Sjana and Arne.
(d) The Winds.
3. When does Ravna tell Jefri they will arrive?
(a) The next year.
(b) In 60-120 days.
(c) In 30-60 days.
(d) Ravna tells Jefri they cannot come.
4. What must Scriber and his cohorts do by Winter?
(a) Capture Jefri.
(b) Recapture the flying house.
(c) Destroy the flying house.
(d) Destroy Flenser.
5. What do the Straumli archeologists call their settlement?
(a) Little Straumli.
(b) The earth lab.
(c) Extra Straumli.
(d) The high lab.
6. Who sees the cargo shell land?
(a) The Consulate general.
(b) Three pilgrims.
(c) No one sees it land.
(d) A village of farmers.
7. What does Steel want to use against the Woodcarvers?
(a) The ship.
8. How does Ravna wish she could learn more about the Slowness?
(a) By tapping Pham's memories.
(b) By asking the net's user group.
(c) By writing a computer program to ferret out the information.
(d) By accessing classified files.
9. For what might Woodcarver be ready?
(a) A new partner.
(b) A new meld group.
(c) A change of soul.
10. What does Johanna vow?
(a) To try to like the others.
(b) To help Ja survive.
(c) To get revenge for Scriber.
(d) To appeal to Queen Woodcarver for retaliation for Scriber.
11. Who hopes to prevent the plans for the alien ship?
(b) Jefri Olsndot.
(d) Vrinimi Org.
12. How old is Woodcarver?
13. How many boats does Tyrathect's group scuttle?
(b) All but three.
(d) All but one.
14. What would render the ghosts' plan worthless?
(a) If they cannot separately get word to the outside.
(b) The archive being fully awakened.
(c) More births.
(d) The net collapsing over them.
15. What message does Jefri sent out?
(a) A secret transmission pleading for assistance.
(b) That he is the only one left alive on the ship.
(c) That all the sleep coffins are still viable.
(d) That all is well and they will be leaving this world shortly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steel contemplate?
2. What is the plan for the alien ship?
3. What do the wolf-like figures do?
4. Over what do three of Johanna's captors quarrel?
5. What seems to be knocking out isolated civilizations in the High Beyond?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)