|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Woodcarver worry?
(a) Melding with BeeKeeper.
(b) Finding enough wood to keep the prisoner.
(c) Melding with Stonecutter.
(d) Revenge from the aliens.
2. What jumps successfully?
(a) A moon's orbit.
(b) A catch frog.
(c) A second vessel.
(d) A spring leaf.
3. What does Steel want to use against the Woodcarvers?
(b) The ship.
4. What is Steel's greatest success?
(a) Experiment Arbijefri.
(b) Experiment Transcifani.
(c) Experiment Corporfani.
(d) Experiment Amdiranifani.
5. What melts the coldsleep boxes?
(a) A laser gun.
(b) A sophisticated warming device that malfunctions.
(c) Hot water.
(d) A crude flamethrower.
6. Who does Steel enter the ship?
(a) No one.
7. What does Grondr tell Ravna?
(a) That Pham is not human.
(b) That Pham is half human and half other.
(c) That Pham is human with fake, autonomous memories.
(d) That Pham is half human and half android.
8. Why can Ja not reveal Scriber's murderer?
(a) He is not a talker.
(b) He does not know who the murderer is.
(c) He is under compulsion from the murderer.
(d) He wants revenge on his own.
9. About what does Steel worry about the "pups" in the unburned coffins?
(a) That they will spread disease if awakened.
(b) That they will die of grief when they learn their parents are dead.
(c) That they will die if he cannot figure out how to bring them back from sleep.
(d) That they could mature and destroy his world.
10. What could steal the secrets the Straumli archeologists uncover?
(a) The Powers.
(b) Star gazer.
(c) The old ones.
(d) The mad ones.
11. What seems to be knocking out isolated civilizations in the High Beyond?
(a) A Perversion of the Third Sense.
(b) A Class 2 Perversion.
(c) A Class XY Perversion.
(d) A Perversion of the Classic Sense.
12. Over what do three of Johanna's captors quarrel?
(a) The nature of Johanna's box.
(b) Whether Johanna is female.
(c) Whether Johanna can meld.
(d) If there are very many other aliens on the ship.
13. Who is badly wounded in the fighting?
14. Where does Johanna sail?
(b) Towards Nevers.
15. How many stars does the planet the archeologists explore have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boats does Tyrathect's group scuttle?
2. With whom do Peregrin and Scriber receive an audience?
3. How is Crupilo injured?
4. What would render the ghosts' plan worthless?
5. For what might Woodcarver be ready?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)