|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ravna wish she could learn more about the Slowness?
(a) By accessing classified files.
(b) By writing a computer program to ferret out the information.
(c) By asking the net's user group.
(d) By tapping Pham's memories.
2. What does Johanna call her captives?
(d) She prefers not to even address them.
3. What does Johanna notice about her captors?
(a) They have a very primitive language.
(b) They function in packs and avoid other packs.
(c) They are alternately kind and cruel.
(d) They do not grow their food.
4. Who particularly wants to be friends with Johanna?
5. Which fragment escapes the butchering of Scriber?
6. From what does Johanna no longer cringe?
(a) Eating the planet's food.
(b) The Tines' help.
(c) Talking to Woodcarver.
(d) Sleeping in the same room with the Tines.
7. What does Jefri realize?
(a) That his parents are alive but injured.
(b) That his sister is still alive.
(c) That the world upon which he is stranded is no part of the Realm or Net.
(d) That the ship is in danger of destruction.
8. What makes Woodcarver feel better than she has in years?
(b) Swimming in the healing springs.
(c) Eating the heart of the bamua.
(d) A magic elixir.
9. Who is Arne Olsndot?
(a) The key scientist in the quantum project.
(b) The medic on the cargo shell.
(c) A general with an army opposing Straum.
(d) The pilot landing the cargo shell.
10. What do the observers call those who take the pup-like figures from the ship?
(a) Pack leaders.
(b) Witch women.
(d) Medicine men.
11. What does one Post on the net dub the Helper?
(a) A meglomaniac.
(b) A messiah.
(c) A sincere pilgrim.
(d) A fraud, a screwball pushing a coercive, messianic religion/empire.
12. Where are the archeologists from?
13. From what is Pham recovering?
(a) A head wound.
(b) Leg wounds.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) Back wounds.
14. How does Scriber cheer up Johanna?
(a) By giving her a bracelet.
(b) By showing how he adapts radios for long-range pack communitcations.
(c) By giving her a necklace.
(d) By showing Johanna how to find some delicious fruit.
15. What have the archeologists awakened?
(a) An old evil.
(b) A new evil.
(c) A path home.
(d) A galaxy mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the OOB slow?
2. What does Steel's best eightsome show?
3. For what might Woodcarver be ready?
4. Why does Arne anger the wolf-like men?
5. What does Peregrine offer Johanna?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)