|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are failing?
(a) The coldsleep boxes.
(b) The resonators.
(c) The oxygen sensors.
(d) The hyperdrives.
2. What does Amdi perhaps consider Jefri?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A pack member.
(c) A surrogate parent.
3. From whose perspective is chapter 4 narrated?
(a) Peregrine and Scriber.
4. What should automation not need?
(a) Self awareness.
(b) External power source.
5. What does Steel's best eightsome show?
(a) Psychic powers.
(b) Mathematical genius.
(c) Engineering genius.
(d) The ability to morph into different types of genius.
6. What do the Olsndots set up?
(a) Ultralight communication.
(b) A language translater.
(c) An ultraviolet desenthisizer.
(d) A perimeter guard.
7. What news does OOB learn?
(a) About Jefri's death.
(b) About the Blight stopping short of Beyond the Beyond.
(c) About Johanna's death.
(d) About the fall of Relay and the murder of a power.
8. About what does AA seek information?
(a) A transceiver layer.
(d) A black hole in the way far beyond.
9. Over what do three of Johanna's captors quarrel?
(a) Whether Johanna can meld.
(b) If there are very many other aliens on the ship.
(c) The nature of Johanna's box.
(d) Whether Johanna is female.
10. What does Johanna call her captives?
(c) She prefers not to even address them.
11. Why does Arne anger the wolf-like men?
(a) He flashes a laser and sets the forest on fire.
(b) He does not anger them; he merely scares them.
(c) He speaks to them in the language of their gods.
(d) He shoots a few of them.
12. When does Ravna tell Jefri they will arrive?
(a) The next year.
(b) In 60-120 days.
(c) Ravna tells Jefri they cannot come.
(d) In 30-60 days.
13. Who does Steel enter the ship?
(b) No one.
14. For what might Woodcarver be ready?
(a) A new partner.
(b) A change of soul.
(d) A new meld group.
15. What report does the Arbitration Arts Corporation issue?
(a) About the evil found on Earth.
(b) About the cargo ship's crash.
(c) About a civilization claiming to have created a new Power in the Transcend.
(d) About the planet which is able to meld into packs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who particularly wants to be friends with Johanna?
2. What does Johanna realize about her captives?
3. What does Grondr tell Ravna?
4. When does the OOB slow?
5. What does the crew get past Johanna?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)