|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Johanna sail?
(b) Towards Nevers.
2. What does Steel want to use against the Woodcarvers?
(b) The ship.
3. What does Johanna realize about her captives?
(a) They are very slow moving.
(b) If she hurts one, she hurts them all.
(c) They confer on everything.
(d) They are not very intelligent.
4. What seems to be knocking out isolated civilizations in the High Beyond?
(a) A Perversion of the Classic Sense.
(b) A Perversion of the Third Sense.
(c) A Class XY Perversion.
(d) A Class 2 Perversion.
5. Who is Arne Olsndot?
(a) A general with an army opposing Straum.
(b) The pilot landing the cargo shell.
(c) The medic on the cargo shell.
(d) The key scientist in the quantum project.
6. From what does Johanna no longer cringe?
(a) Sleeping in the same room with the Tines.
(b) The Tines' help.
(c) Eating the planet's food.
(d) Talking to Woodcarver.
7. Who does the ghost say conspires?
(a) Sjana and Arne.
(c) The Otherness.
(d) The Winds.
8. How many children do Olsndot and his wife have to raise?
9. What happens to Pham after the Old One's death?
(a) He remembers everything.
(b) He tries to kill himself.
(c) He recalls nothing.
(d) He is free of the bond.
10. Who hopes to prevent the plans for the alien ship?
(b) Vrinimi Org.
(c) Jefri Olsndot.
11. Why does Arne anger the wolf-like men?
(a) He flashes a laser and sets the forest on fire.
(b) He shoots a few of them.
(c) He does not anger them; he merely scares them.
(d) He speaks to them in the language of their gods.
12. What do the wolf-like figures do?
(a) Run back to their commander to report.
(b) Come towards the ship unarmed.
(d) Launch arrows at the Olsndots.
13. What does Johanna notice about her captors?
(a) They have a very primitive language.
(b) They do not grow their food.
(c) They function in packs and avoid other packs.
(d) They are alternately kind and cruel.
14. When does Ravna tell Jefri they will arrive?
(a) The next year.
(b) In 30-60 days.
(c) Ravna tells Jefri they cannot come.
(d) In 60-120 days.
15. What report does the Arbitration Arts Corporation issue?
(a) About the cargo ship's crash.
(b) About the planet which is able to meld into packs.
(c) About the evil found on Earth.
(d) About a civilization claiming to have created a new Power in the Transcend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Blueshell and Greenstalk sent?
2. What does Steel contemplate?
3. For what might Woodcarver be ready?
4. How does Steel create packs free of memory or soul and subject to total control from the beginning?
5. What is built faster than anything on Straum?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)