|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the OOB slow?
(a) As it enters the Middle of the Beyond.
(b) As it prepares to jump into hyperspace.
(c) As it leaves the end of the Beyond.
(d) As it prepares to fire upon the Blight.
2. What is Steel's greatest success?
(a) Experiment Corporfani.
(b) Experiment Transcifani.
(c) Experiment Amdiranifani.
(d) Experiment Arbijefri.
3. From what does Johanna no longer cringe?
(a) Talking to Woodcarver.
(b) Eating the planet's food.
(c) Sleeping in the same room with the Tines.
(d) The Tines' help.
4. What do the Straumli archeologists call their settlement?
(a) Little Straumli.
(b) The earth lab.
(c) Extra Straumli.
(d) The high lab.
5. What jumps successfully?
(a) A second vessel.
(b) A moon's orbit.
(c) A catch frog.
(d) A spring leaf.
6. What is built faster than anything on Straum?
(c) Food stations.
(d) A local network.
7. Who is Olsndot's wife?
8. How does Ravna wish she could learn more about the Slowness?
(a) By accessing classified files.
(b) By writing a computer program to ferret out the information.
(c) By asking the net's user group.
(d) By tapping Pham's memories.
9. What does one Post on the net dub the Helper?
(a) A sincere pilgrim.
(b) A meglomaniac.
(c) A messiah.
(d) A fraud, a screwball pushing a coercive, messianic religion/empire.
10. What could steal the secrets the Straumli archeologists uncover?
(a) Star gazer.
(b) The old ones.
(c) The Powers.
(d) The mad ones.
11. What melts the coldsleep boxes?
(a) Hot water.
(b) A sophisticated warming device that malfunctions.
(c) A laser gun.
(d) A crude flamethrower.
12. What does Steel's best eightsome show?
(a) Engineering genius.
(b) Psychic powers.
(c) Mathematical genius.
(d) The ability to morph into different types of genius.
13. How does the new planet appear?
(a) Cold and inhospitable.
(b) Not ideal for humans but usuable.
(c) Too hot to live on the surface.
(d) Ideal for human life.
14. What would the Straumli archeologists sell when they were done?
(a) Water of the planet they are exploring.
(b) Parcels of land of the planet they are exploring.
(c) The location of the planet they are exploring.
(d) Minerals from of the planet they are exploring.
15. What do the Olsndots set up?
(a) An ultraviolet desenthisizer.
(b) A perimeter guard.
(c) A language translater.
(d) Ultralight communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crew get past Johanna?
2. About what does Woodcarver worry?
3. Who is wounded?
4. Who particularly wants to be friends with Johanna?
5. With what does the narrator say the humans are playing?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)