|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Old One enjoys full bandwidth?
(a) It serves as the hand and eye of a Power.
(b) It moves faster than its quad.
(c) It his high psi strength.
(d) It is not able to move far.
2. From what does Johanna no longer cringe?
(a) Sleeping in the same room with the Tines.
(b) Talking to Woodcarver.
(c) The Tines' help.
(d) Eating the planet's food.
3. About what does Woodcarver worry?
(a) Revenge from the aliens.
(b) Melding with BeeKeeper.
(c) Finding enough wood to keep the prisoner.
(d) Melding with Stonecutter.
4. Who is blamed for the Blight?
(a) Homo sapiens.
(b) The Woodcarvers.
(c) The Old One.
5. What sort of welcome do Peregrine and Scriber receive?
(a) A hero's greeting.
6. Where are the archeologists from?
7. What makes Woodcarver feel better than she has in years?
(a) Swimming in the healing springs.
(c) A magic elixir.
(d) Eating the heart of the bamua.
8. What jumps successfully?
(a) A catch frog.
(b) A spring leaf.
(c) A moon's orbit.
(d) A second vessel.
9. What would the Straumli archeologists sell when they were done?
(a) Water of the planet they are exploring.
(b) The location of the planet they are exploring.
(c) Parcels of land of the planet they are exploring.
(d) Minerals from of the planet they are exploring.
10. With what does the narrator say the humans are playing?
11. How does Ravna wish she could learn more about the Slowness?
(a) By writing a computer program to ferret out the information.
(b) By asking the net's user group.
(c) By accessing classified files.
(d) By tapping Pham's memories.
12. Over what do three of Johanna's captors quarrel?
(a) The nature of Johanna's box.
(b) Whether Johanna can meld.
(c) Whether Johanna is female.
(d) If there are very many other aliens on the ship.
13. Who does the ghost say conspires?
(a) The Otherness.
(b) The Winds.
(c) Sjana and Arne.
14. About what does Steel worry about the "pups" in the unburned coffins?
(a) That they will spread disease if awakened.
(b) That they could mature and destroy his world.
(c) That they will die if he cannot figure out how to bring them back from sleep.
(d) That they will die of grief when they learn their parents are dead.
15. Who is wounded?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose perspective is chapter 4 narrated?
2. What must Scriber and his cohorts do by Winter?
3. What does one Post on the net dub the Helper?
4. From what is Pham recovering?
5. When does Ravna tell Jefri they will arrive?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)