|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Olsndot and his wife have to raise?
2. Who is badly wounded in the fighting?
3. What makes Woodcarver feel better than she has in years?
(a) A magic elixir.
(b) Swimming in the healing springs.
(d) Eating the heart of the bamua.
4. What does Jefri realize?
(a) That the world upon which he is stranded is no part of the Realm or Net.
(b) That the ship is in danger of destruction.
(c) That his parents are alive but injured.
(d) That his sister is still alive.
5. Who particularly wants to be friends with Johanna?
6. What sort of welcome do Peregrine and Scriber receive?
(d) A hero's greeting.
7. What would the Straumli archeologists sell when they were done?
(a) The location of the planet they are exploring.
(b) Parcels of land of the planet they are exploring.
(c) Minerals from of the planet they are exploring.
(d) Water of the planet they are exploring.
8. What does Johanna vow?
(a) To appeal to Queen Woodcarver for retaliation for Scriber.
(b) To help Ja survive.
(c) To get revenge for Scriber.
(d) To try to like the others.
9. Who sees the cargo shell land?
(a) No one sees it land.
(b) A village of farmers.
(c) Three pilgrims.
(d) The Consulate general.
10. How long does the narrator figure the archive has been lost to the net?
(a) About 500 hundred years.
(b) Only 50-100 years.
(c) About 5 billion years.
(d) Maybe 1000 years.
11. What do the wolf-like figures do?
(b) Launch arrows at the Olsndots.
(c) Run back to their commander to report.
(d) Come towards the ship unarmed.
12. Who does the ghost say conspires?
(b) The Winds.
(c) Sjana and Arne.
(d) The Otherness.
13. What are failing?
(a) The coldsleep boxes.
(b) The hyperdrives.
(c) The resonators.
(d) The oxygen sensors.
14. What report does the Arbitration Arts Corporation issue?
(a) About the cargo ship's crash.
(b) About the evil found on Earth.
(c) About the planet which is able to meld into packs.
(d) About a civilization claiming to have created a new Power in the Transcend.
15. What does one Post on the net dub the Helper?
(a) A messiah.
(b) A sincere pilgrim.
(c) A meglomaniac.
(d) A fraud, a screwball pushing a coercive, messianic religion/empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose perspective is chapter 4 narrated?
2. When does the OOB slow?
3. How old is Woodcarver?
4. From what is Pham recovering?
5. What does Steel's best eightsome show?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)