Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could steal the secrets the Straumli archeologists uncover?
(a) The Powers.
(b) The mad ones.
(c) Star gazer.
(d) The old ones.
2. Who does Steel enter the ship?
(b) No one.
3. Who is badly wounded in the fighting?
4. What do the Olsndots set up?
(a) A perimeter guard.
(b) An ultraviolet desenthisizer.
(c) A language translater.
(d) Ultralight communication.
5. What melts the coldsleep boxes?
(a) A crude flamethrower.
(b) A sophisticated warming device that malfunctions.
(c) Hot water.
(d) A laser gun.
6. What does Grondr tell Ravna?
(a) That Pham is not human.
(b) That Pham is half human and half other.
(c) That Pham is human with fake, autonomous memories.
(d) That Pham is half human and half android.
7. About what does Woodcarver worry?
(a) Melding with Stonecutter.
(b) Melding with BeeKeeper.
(c) Revenge from the aliens.
(d) Finding enough wood to keep the prisoner.
8. What should automation not need?
(b) Self awareness.
(c) External power source.
9. How does Ravna wish she could learn more about the Slowness?
(a) By accessing classified files.
(b) By tapping Pham's memories.
(c) By asking the net's user group.
(d) By writing a computer program to ferret out the information.
10. What does one poster on the net think think the Blight needs?
(a) A soul.
(b) Something from humans that it cannot simply take.
(c) A new paradigm.
(d) A new home galaxy.
11. What news does OOB learn?
(a) About Johanna's death.
(b) About the fall of Relay and the murder of a power.
(c) About the Blight stopping short of Beyond the Beyond.
(d) About Jefri's death.
12. How many children do Olsndot and his wife have to raise?
13. What does Steel want to use against the Woodcarvers?
(b) The ship.
14. About what does Steel worry about the "pups" in the unburned coffins?
(a) That they will die if he cannot figure out how to bring them back from sleep.
(b) That they will die of grief when they learn their parents are dead.
(c) That they could mature and destroy his world.
(d) That they will spread disease if awakened.
15. Which fragment escapes the butchering of Scriber?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Crupilo injured?
2. Why can Ja not reveal Scriber's murderer?
3. When does Ravna tell Jefri they will arrive?
4. What does one post say about Homo sapiens and being controlled?
5. When does the OOB slow?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)