|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Woodcarver?
2. When does the OOB slow?
(a) As it prepares to jump into hyperspace.
(b) As it leaves the end of the Beyond.
(c) As it prepares to fire upon the Blight.
(d) As it enters the Middle of the Beyond.
3. Who keep out of sight?
(a) No one.
(b) Just Tyrathect.
(c) Just Jaqueramaphan.
(d) Peregrine and Scriber.
4. Which fragment escapes the butchering of Scriber?
5. Who is wounded?
6. What do the Olsndots set up?
(a) A perimeter guard.
(b) An ultraviolet desenthisizer.
(c) Ultralight communication.
(d) A language translater.
7. What does Steel contemplate?
(a) Killing all the star people.
(b) Keeping the aliens alive as slaves and experiemental subjects.
(c) Going with the aliens to learn of other cultures.
(d) Throwing all the aliens out of the ship once it is in space.
8. Who particularly wants to be friends with Johanna?
9. What happens when the Old One enjoys full bandwidth?
(a) It his high psi strength.
(b) It is not able to move far.
(c) It moves faster than its quad.
(d) It serves as the hand and eye of a Power.
10. What happens to Pham after the Old One's death?
(a) He recalls nothing.
(b) He tries to kill himself.
(c) He is free of the bond.
(d) He remembers everything.
11. How is the archive described?
12. Why does Arne anger the wolf-like men?
(a) He flashes a laser and sets the forest on fire.
(b) He does not anger them; he merely scares them.
(c) He shoots a few of them.
(d) He speaks to them in the language of their gods.
13. What have the archeologists awakened?
(a) A path home.
(b) An old evil.
(c) A galaxy mother.
(d) A new evil.
14. What do the Straumli archeologists call their settlement?
(a) Extra Straumli.
(b) The earth lab.
(c) Little Straumli.
(d) The high lab.
15. What do the wolf-like figures do?
(a) Come towards the ship unarmed.
(b) Launch arrows at the Olsndots.
(c) Run back to their commander to report.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does OOB learn?
2. What does Woodcarver want to learn?
3. With whom do Peregrin and Scriber receive an audience?
4. What is built faster than anything on Straum?
5. What does Johanna call her captives?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)