|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose perspective is chapter 4 narrated?
(a) Peregrine and Scriber.
2. Where are the archeologists from?
3. Who keep out of sight?
(a) Just Tyrathect.
(b) Just Jaqueramaphan.
(c) Peregrine and Scriber.
(d) No one.
4. What news does OOB learn?
(a) About the fall of Relay and the murder of a power.
(b) About the Blight stopping short of Beyond the Beyond.
(c) About Johanna's death.
(d) About Jefri's death.
5. What does Jefri realize?
(a) That the world upon which he is stranded is no part of the Realm or Net.
(b) That the ship is in danger of destruction.
(c) That his parents are alive but injured.
(d) That his sister is still alive.
6. What is the plan for the alien ship?
(a) To use it and the aliens to spread Flenser's nightmare worldwide.
(b) To take it apart and use the materials.
(c) To send the aliens away from the planet.
(d) To study it to learn how to build such a thing.
7. What does Peregrine offer Johanna?
(a) A translator.
(c) A knife.
8. How does Scriber cheer up Johanna?
(a) By showing how he adapts radios for long-range pack communitcations.
(b) By giving her a bracelet.
(c) By giving her a necklace.
(d) By showing Johanna how to find some delicious fruit.
9. What must Scriber and his cohorts do by Winter?
(a) Destroy the flying house.
(b) Capture Jefri.
(c) Destroy Flenser.
(d) Recapture the flying house.
10. How does Steel create packs free of memory or soul and subject to total control from the beginning?
(a) By working with newborn pups.
(b) By creating a hierarchy among the pups.
(c) By torturing the other "dogs."
(d) By altering the genes in the developing pups.
11. What do the Straumli archeologists call their settlement?
(a) Extra Straumli.
(b) Little Straumli.
(c) The earth lab.
(d) The high lab.
12. About what does AA seek information?
(c) A black hole in the way far beyond.
(d) A transceiver layer.
13. Who is badly wounded in the fighting?
14. What does Johanna vow?
(a) To help Ja survive.
(b) To appeal to Queen Woodcarver for retaliation for Scriber.
(c) To try to like the others.
(d) To get revenge for Scriber.
15. What does one post say about Homo sapiens and being controlled?
(a) They should be controlled by remote collars.
(b) They have several built-in structures supporting remote control.
(c) They are too strong for anything but self determination.
(d) They have no built-in structures supporting remote control.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stars does the planet the archeologists explore have?
2. Which fragment escapes the butchering of Scriber?
3. With what does the narrator say the humans are playing?
4. With whom do Peregrin and Scriber receive an audience?
5. Who does Steel enter the ship?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)