|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What masks the alien ship?
2. Why can Ja not reveal Scriber's murderer?
(a) He does not know who the murderer is.
(b) He is not a talker.
(c) He wants revenge on his own.
(d) He is under compulsion from the murderer.
3. Who does Steel enter the ship?
(b) No one.
4. What is the plan for the alien ship?
(a) To use it and the aliens to spread Flenser's nightmare worldwide.
(b) To study it to learn how to build such a thing.
(c) To take it apart and use the materials.
(d) To send the aliens away from the planet.
5. How many children do Olsndot and his wife have to raise?
6. What does Jefri realize?
(a) That the world upon which he is stranded is no part of the Realm or Net.
(b) That the ship is in danger of destruction.
(c) That his parents are alive but injured.
(d) That his sister is still alive.
7. From whose perspective is chapter 4 narrated?
(c) Peregrine and Scriber.
8. What melts the coldsleep boxes?
(a) Hot water.
(b) A crude flamethrower.
(c) A laser gun.
(d) A sophisticated warming device that malfunctions.
9. What could steal the secrets the Straumli archeologists uncover?
(a) The mad ones.
(b) Star gazer.
(c) The Powers.
(d) The old ones.
10. How many boats does Tyrathect's group scuttle?
(b) All but one.
(d) All but three.
11. What is built faster than anything on Straum?
(a) A local network.
(c) Food stations.
12. Where are Blueshell and Greenstalk sent?
(a) On a secret mission to the Bottom of the Beyond.
(b) To produce their third generation.
(c) To rescue some miners stranded in the Blight.
(d) To an island prison.
13. Who does the ghost say conspires?
(b) Sjana and Arne.
(c) The Winds.
(d) The Otherness.
14. With whom do Peregrin and Scriber receive an audience?
(a) Queen BeeKeeper.
(b) Queen Woodcarver.
(c) Queen Stonecarver.
(d) King Woodcarver.
15. What report does the Arbitration Arts Corporation issue?
(a) About the cargo ship's crash.
(b) About the planet which is able to meld into packs.
(c) About the evil found on Earth.
(d) About a civilization claiming to have created a new Power in the Transcend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steel want to use against the Woodcarvers?
2. What does Scriber wonder about Johanna?
3. What do the Straumli archeologists call their settlement?
4. Who emerges from the cargo shell?
5. Who is badly wounded in the fighting?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)