|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does automation say it should not be doing?
2. Who is blamed for the Blight?
(a) The Old One.
(c) Homo sapiens.
(d) The Woodcarvers.
3. How many children do Olsndot and his wife have to raise?
4. Why does Arne anger the wolf-like men?
(a) He speaks to them in the language of their gods.
(b) He flashes a laser and sets the forest on fire.
(c) He does not anger them; he merely scares them.
(d) He shoots a few of them.
5. What sort of welcome do Peregrine and Scriber receive?
(d) A hero's greeting.
6. Who does Steel enter the ship?
(b) No one.
7. How does Steel create packs free of memory or soul and subject to total control from the beginning?
(a) By working with newborn pups.
(b) By creating a hierarchy among the pups.
(c) By torturing the other "dogs."
(d) By altering the genes in the developing pups.
8. How is Crupilo injured?
(a) Johanna hits him.
(b) Taking shortcuts while making gunpowder.
(c) Vendacious accidentally shoots him.
(d) Ja hits him.
9. Over what do three of Johanna's captors quarrel?
(a) The nature of Johanna's box.
(b) Whether Johanna can meld.
(c) If there are very many other aliens on the ship.
(d) Whether Johanna is female.
10. Who does the ghost say conspires?
(b) Sjana and Arne.
(c) The Otherness.
(d) The Winds.
11. Where are Blueshell and Greenstalk sent?
(a) To an island prison.
(b) To produce their third generation.
(c) To rescue some miners stranded in the Blight.
(d) On a secret mission to the Bottom of the Beyond.
12. What message does Jefri sent out?
(a) That all is well and they will be leaving this world shortly.
(b) That he is the only one left alive on the ship.
(c) A secret transmission pleading for assistance.
(d) That all the sleep coffins are still viable.
13. About what does AA seek information?
(b) A transceiver layer.
(d) A black hole in the way far beyond.
14. Who keep out of sight?
(a) No one.
(b) Peregrine and Scriber.
(c) Just Jaqueramaphan.
(d) Just Tyrathect.
15. What do the observers call those who take the pup-like figures from the ship?
(b) Pack leaders.
(c) Witch women.
(d) Medicine men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johanna call her captives?
2. What do the Olsndots set up?
3. Where are the archeologists from?
4. From whose perspective is chapter 4 narrated?
5. From what is Pham recovering?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)