|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johanna vow?
(a) To help Ja survive.
(b) To get revenge for Scriber.
(c) To try to like the others.
(d) To appeal to Queen Woodcarver for retaliation for Scriber.
2. What does Scriber wonder about Johanna?
(a) What sort of creature is with her in one of her holos.
(b) Why she refuses to learn their language.
(c) Why she refuses to meld.
(d) Why she is always angry with those trying to help her.
3. What are failing?
(a) The hyperdrives.
(b) The resonators.
(c) The oxygen sensors.
(d) The coldsleep boxes.
4. What is the plan for the alien ship?
(a) To take it apart and use the materials.
(b) To send the aliens away from the planet.
(c) To study it to learn how to build such a thing.
(d) To use it and the aliens to spread Flenser's nightmare worldwide.
5. What does Steel contemplate?
(a) Keeping the aliens alive as slaves and experiemental subjects.
(b) Throwing all the aliens out of the ship once it is in space.
(c) Going with the aliens to learn of other cultures.
(d) Killing all the star people.
6. What have the Straumli inadvertently created?
(a) A loop.
(b) A great intelligence.
(c) A convoluted maze.
(d) A paradox.
7. What does Johanna call her captives?
(d) She prefers not to even address them.
8. What did Peregrine do that angers Johanna?
(a) Tries to meld with Johanna.
(b) Kills her father.
(c) Maims their cargo ship.
(d) Kills her brother.
9. Who particularly wants to be friends with Johanna?
10. Where are Blueshell and Greenstalk sent?
(a) To an island prison.
(b) To produce their third generation.
(c) To rescue some miners stranded in the Blight.
(d) On a secret mission to the Bottom of the Beyond.
11. Who is wounded?
12. With whom do Peregrin and Scriber receive an audience?
(a) Queen BeeKeeper.
(b) Queen Stonecarver.
(c) Queen Woodcarver.
(d) King Woodcarver.
13. Why can Ja not reveal Scriber's murderer?
(a) He is not a talker.
(b) He is under compulsion from the murderer.
(c) He does not know who the murderer is.
(d) He wants revenge on his own.
14. About what does Woodcarver worry?
(a) Finding enough wood to keep the prisoner.
(b) Melding with BeeKeeper.
(c) Melding with Stonecutter.
(d) Revenge from the aliens.
15. What does Johanna realize about her captives?
(a) They are not very intelligent.
(b) If she hurts one, she hurts them all.
(c) They confer on everything.
(d) They are very slow moving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the observers call those who take the pup-like figures from the ship?
2. What makes Woodcarver feel better than she has in years?
3. Who hopes to prevent the plans for the alien ship?
4. What does automation say it should not be doing?
5. How is the archive described?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)