|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the narrator figure the archive has been lost to the net?
(a) Only 50-100 years.
(b) About 5 billion years.
(c) Maybe 1000 years.
(d) About 500 hundred years.
2. How does Ravna wish she could learn more about the Slowness?
(a) By asking the net's user group.
(b) By tapping Pham's memories.
(c) By writing a computer program to ferret out the information.
(d) By accessing classified files.
3. About what does Woodcarver worry?
(a) Revenge from the aliens.
(b) Melding with Stonecutter.
(c) Finding enough wood to keep the prisoner.
(d) Melding with BeeKeeper.
4. What melts the coldsleep boxes?
(a) A laser gun.
(b) A crude flamethrower.
(c) Hot water.
(d) A sophisticated warming device that malfunctions.
5. What do the Olsndots set up?
(a) A language translater.
(b) A perimeter guard.
(c) Ultralight communication.
(d) An ultraviolet desenthisizer.
6. Who does the ghost say conspires?
(b) Sjana and Arne.
(c) The Otherness.
(d) The Winds.
7. How is the archive described?
8. What does one Post on the net dub the Helper?
(a) A sincere pilgrim.
(b) A messiah.
(c) A fraud, a screwball pushing a coercive, messianic religion/empire.
(d) A meglomaniac.
9. With what does the narrator say the humans are playing?
10. How many stars does the planet the archeologists explore have?
11. What does Amdi perhaps consider Jefri?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A pack member.
(c) A surrogate parent.
12. What does Steel want to use against the Woodcarvers?
(c) The ship.
13. Who is blamed for the Blight?
(b) Homo sapiens.
(c) The Old One.
(d) The Woodcarvers.
14. Which fragment escapes the butchering of Scriber?
15. How does the new planet appear?
(a) Too hot to live on the surface.
(b) Cold and inhospitable.
(c) Ideal for human life.
(d) Not ideal for humans but usuable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the wolf-like figures do?
2. When does the OOB slow?
3. Over what do three of Johanna's captors quarrel?
4. How old is Woodcarver?
5. For what might Woodcarver be ready?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)