|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is wounded?
2. For what might Woodcarver be ready?
(a) A new partner.
(c) A new meld group.
(d) A change of soul.
3. When does Ravna tell Jefri they will arrive?
(a) The next year.
(b) Ravna tells Jefri they cannot come.
(c) In 30-60 days.
(d) In 60-120 days.
4. Where does Johanna sail?
(d) Towards Nevers.
5. What news does OOB learn?
(a) About the Blight stopping short of Beyond the Beyond.
(b) About the fall of Relay and the murder of a power.
(c) About Jefri's death.
(d) About Johanna's death.
6. What does one poster on the net think think the Blight needs?
(a) A soul.
(b) Something from humans that it cannot simply take.
(c) A new paradigm.
(d) A new home galaxy.
7. What do the wolf-like figures do?
(b) Run back to their commander to report.
(c) Launch arrows at the Olsndots.
(d) Come towards the ship unarmed.
8. How does Steel create packs free of memory or soul and subject to total control from the beginning?
(a) By working with newborn pups.
(b) By creating a hierarchy among the pups.
(c) By altering the genes in the developing pups.
(d) By torturing the other "dogs."
9. What does Scriber wonder about Johanna?
(a) Why she refuses to meld.
(b) Why she is always angry with those trying to help her.
(c) What sort of creature is with her in one of her holos.
(d) Why she refuses to learn their language.
10. Why can Ja not reveal Scriber's murderer?
(a) He wants revenge on his own.
(b) He is under compulsion from the murderer.
(c) He is not a talker.
(d) He does not know who the murderer is.
11. How old is Woodcarver?
12. What does Peregrine offer Johanna?
(c) A knife.
(d) A translator.
13. What is built faster than anything on Straum?
(b) A local network.
(c) Food stations.
14. What does Johanna notice about her captors?
(a) They are alternately kind and cruel.
(b) They do not grow their food.
(c) They function in packs and avoid other packs.
(d) They have a very primitive language.
15. What report does the Arbitration Arts Corporation issue?
(a) About the planet which is able to meld into packs.
(b) About the evil found on Earth.
(c) About a civilization claiming to have created a new Power in the Transcend.
(d) About the cargo ship's crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is newly-born and only three days old in the archive?
2. How is Crupilo injured?
3. What have the Straumli inadvertently created?
4. Who sees the cargo shell land?
5. Over what do three of Johanna's captors quarrel?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)