|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Arne Olsndot?
(a) The pilot landing the cargo shell.
(b) The key scientist in the quantum project.
(c) A general with an army opposing Straum.
(d) The medic on the cargo shell.
2. What does Johanna realize about her captives?
(a) They are very slow moving.
(b) If she hurts one, she hurts them all.
(c) They are not very intelligent.
(d) They confer on everything.
3. Where does Johanna sail?
(a) Towards Nevers.
4. About what does Steel worry about the "pups" in the unburned coffins?
(a) That they will die of grief when they learn their parents are dead.
(b) That they will spread disease if awakened.
(c) That they will die if he cannot figure out how to bring them back from sleep.
(d) That they could mature and destroy his world.
5. How does Steel create packs free of memory or soul and subject to total control from the beginning?
(a) By torturing the other "dogs."
(b) By working with newborn pups.
(c) By altering the genes in the developing pups.
(d) By creating a hierarchy among the pups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amdi perhaps consider Jefri?
2. With whom do Peregrin and Scriber receive an audience?
3. What does Steel contemplate?
4. What is Steel's greatest success?
5. What is newly-born and only three days old in the archive?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)