|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the gray fungus examine a puppy's brain?
(a) By entwining itself throughout the brain cells.
(b) By passing filaments painlessly inside.
(c) It has not learned to to that yet.
(d) By taking over the brain stem.
2. Over what do three of Johanna's captors quarrel?
(a) If there are very many other aliens on the ship.
(b) Whether Johanna can meld.
(c) The nature of Johanna's box.
(d) Whether Johanna is female.
3. What does Jefri realize?
(a) That his sister is still alive.
(b) That the ship is in danger of destruction.
(c) That the world upon which he is stranded is no part of the Realm or Net.
(d) That his parents are alive but injured.
4. What is Steel's cover story?
(a) Disguised Woodcarvers have infiltrated.
(b) The nursery is producing autistic pups.
(c) The gunpowder factory is merely for self defense.
(d) The nursery is protecting insane pups.
5. What does Pham want to be able to describe?
(a) How he is able to know the Old One's mind even after the Old One is dead.
(b) How it feels to have a godself die.
(c) How to convert sodium and ash to gunpowder.
(d) How the Old One commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joanna do to Peregrine?
2. What does Woodcarver want to learn?
3. What masks the alien ship?
4. What does Johanna call her captives?
5. What is built faster than anything on Straum?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)