* Scientists explore a long-ruined Earth to learn secrets to enrich the Straumli Realm.
* An intelligence that these scientists have inadvertently created nears its "great flowering" across interstellar space.
* Some humans realize that they have played with fire.
* None guesses that they have changed the future of trillions of star systems.
* The new Power frantically probes the archives as the humans make off with a quantum data container.
* The Power infiltrates the ship's code and shuts everything down, dooming these humans.
* A second vessel jumps successfully.
* Horrified at how it has been fooled and how close it has come to dying, the Power looks forward to things being different this time.
Part 1, Chapters 1-4
* Arne Olsndot lands the cargo shell with a single torch or rocket and no automation.
* Arne is in despair about not being able to rendezvous with the frigate carrying the adults.
* Sjane reminds him...
This section contains 1,734 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)