|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prophet did God send to Nineveh?
2. Why did some scholars reject the idea of pathos?
(a) Because it involved emotions.
(b) Because of its origins.
(c) Because it didn't involve emotions.
(d) Because it isn't mentioned in the Bible.
3. Heschel contends that the prophets were in what state of mind when they received God's call?
(a) State of passivity.
(b) State of consciousness and awareness.
(c) State of ecstasy.
(d) State of madness.
4. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
(b) Religious fervor.
(c) Mental abnormalities.
5. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
(b) The covenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
2. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
3. To what does Heschel compare the descriptions of prophecy?
4. In early Israel, the gift of poetry was regarded as what?
5. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)