|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what does the narrator assume all IRS agents want?
(a) To be loved.
(b) To make the most money on an audit.
(c) To find a new job.
(d) To advance their position.
2. What does Chapter 34 consist of?
(a) IRS formulas.
(b) IRS return codes.
(c) IRS form numbers.
(d) IRS penalties.
3. Why does David present information about his childhood in Chapter 22?
(a) To explain why he is who is he is today.
(b) Because he says someone asked him.
(c) To explain his relationship with his father.
(d) He doesn't give a reason.
4. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Sleeping on the floor.
(b) Beating someone in his office.
(c) Stealing money from a vault.
(d) Trying to conform another worker.
5. How does Sylvanshine describe examinations to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
(a) The process that takes place.
(b) The amount of time they take.
(c) The money they create.
(d) The emotions that occur during them.
6. Where is Sylvanshine in Chapter 30?
(a) It is unknown.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Somewhere in New York.
7. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
(a) A civilian home.
(b) An IRS vault.
(c) An examination room.
(d) A state capitol.
8. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
9. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
(a) Local politics.
(b) Healthy eating.
(c) College hazing.
(d) Running from the police.
10. What year do David's parents divorce?
11. What role does Manshardt have with the IRS?
(a) Supervising agent.
(b) Group manager.
(c) Childcare worker.
(d) File clerk.
12. In Chapter 24, what does David note about the van that picks him up?
(a) It was a tax seizure.
(b) It was all black.
(c) It was a new model.
(d) It had bullet proof windows.
13. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
(a) He isn't in a rush to catch the train.
(b) He wants to avoid David's mother.
(c) He is nervous about being away from home.
(d) He doesn't want to miss the train.
14. In Chapter 30, what stands out most to Sylvanshine about Glendenning?
(a) The amount of money he makes.
(b) His relationship with Lehrl.
(c) His recent promotion.
(d) The effectiveness of his team members.
15. How does Cusk feel when he returns from his break in Chapter 27?
(a) He doesn't return.
(b) Better than when he left.
(c) Worse than when he left.
(d) The same as when he left.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lane Dean Jr. feel about his work in Chapter 33?
2. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
3. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
4. Why does the Peoria REC rely on Martinsburg?
5. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)