|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument does the subject of age bring up between the Hardcastles?
(a) How long they have had the same furniture.
(b) The holes in the carpet.
(c) Mrs. Hardcastle's age.
(d) The leaks in the roof.
2. How does Mrs. Hardcastle react to Tony's flippant attitude toward her?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She calls him a blockhead.
(c) She falls into his arms crying.
(d) She storms out of the room.
3. What does the letter from Sir Charles Marlow indicate?
(a) That he cannot believe reports about his son.
(b) That he is too busy to come to Liberty Hall.
(c) That he wants to meet Kate.
(d) That he is coming to Hardcastle's house.
4. What does Hardcastle tell Kate he plans to do?
(a) Have Diggory watch Marlow's every move.
(b) Send Marlow back to his father.
(c) Challenge Marlow to a duel.
(d) Send for Sir Charles Marlow to come.
5. What is Marlow's experience with proper young ladies?
(a) None whatsoever because he has been in all-boy schools.
(b) Only experience with his cousins.
(c) Hardly no experience with ladies of the upper class.
(d) A lot of experience that always ends badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hastings and Marlow believe?
2. When Marlow enters, who gets the blame for all the trouble in the house?
3. Who enters while Kate is struggling to get her hand away from Marlow?
4. What is Kate's response as Marlow moves closer to her?
5. When Kate agrees to accept the young man if he asks for her hand, how does her father tease her?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)