|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlow do with the jewels?
(a) Not knowing what they are, he deposits them with Mrs. Hardcastle.
(b) He puts them in thleir carriage.
(c) He puts them in his locked luggage.
(d) He hides them under the bed.
2. What does Kate say about Marlow?
(a) That she didn't know he was Hastings' best friend.
(b) That he appeared to be a simpleton.
(c) That she expected something extraordinary and she was quite surprised by him.
(d) That he was rude and callous and she wanted him to go away.
3. What funny comment does Hardcastle make to the audience about the behavior of Marlow and Hastings?
(a) No wonder Sir Charles was anxious to send his son to the country.
(b) Next thing he'll want me to fluff his pillows.
(c) It may be modern modesty but looks like old-fashioned impudence.
(d) If he were not Sir Charles' son, I'd send him packing.
4. What has been established for Hastings in Act 3?
(a) That Constance will forget her jewels and elope with Hastings.
(b) That Marlow is madly in love with Kate.
(c) That Tony Lumpkin had nothing to do with the joke.
(d) That he is in Hardcastle's house and not an inn.
5. Hardcastle does not recognize the insults at first and attempts to do what?
(a) Get them to sit at a table.
(b) Advise them about their dress.
(c) Order Marlow and Hastings to sit down.
(d) Enter into a conversation with Marlow and Hastings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Hardcastle attempting to do with his servants?
2. Does Mr. Hardcastle think he might change his mind about Marlow?
3. What does Kate say to herself about Marlow.
4. How is Hastings shocked by Marlow?
5. Seeing the good furniture, what does Hasting fear?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)