|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Bible unique?
(a) It is the most important book that is in existence.
(b) It is a translated classic, read by only a tiny minority in the original language.
(c) It has been translated into hundreds of languages.
(d) It is read by people from many cultures.
2. What is the problem with enforcing morality in either polytheism or monotheism?
(a) Neither has a moral code.
(b) The gods do not care if their followers are moral.
(c) In neither system has it proven guaranteed.
(d) The humans do not listen to their gods.
3. How does God identify himself to Moses?
(a) As a burning bush.
(b) As a whirlwind.
(c) As the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
(d) As the God of Man.
4. What does David do before the ark?
(a) He dances wildly and scantily clad.
(b) He argues with God.
(c) He cries.
(d) He mourns his losses.
5. What story is told twice and is structurally the same, yet different in the details and mood?
(a) The Burning Bush story.
(b) The Flood story.
(c) The Exodus story.
(d) The Pharoah story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the God of Genesis frustrating?
2. What character eludes the baby killers, grows to manhood in Egypt, flees, and settles down as a shepherd?
3. How long does Moses spend on Mt. Sinai?
4. What is unimportant in Genesis 1, but becomes a matter of shame in Genesis 2?
5. Although God is supremely confident, what does he not seem to do?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)