|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement is true based on the traditional interpretation of the Book of Job?
(a) Job understands why he must repent.
(b) Job is a sinner but is constantly in denial.
(c) Job consistently trusts that God will vindicate him.
(d) Job knows God will not save him.
2. What must God do to maintain contact with the remnant that survives destruction?
(a) He must change them.
(b) He must be powerful.
(c) He must act like a warrior.
(d) He must change himself to accept them as they are.
3. By the time Exodus begins, what has happened to Abraham's descendants?
(a) They are almost extinct.
(b) They are at war with one another.
(c) They have moved to Europe.
(d) They have become innumerable, to the point they are a threat to Egypt.
4. What have skeptics found in the Book of Job?
(a) Reason for repudiating the Judeo-Christian tradition.
(b) Reason to have faith in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
(c) Reason fear the Judeo-Christian tradition.
(d) Reason to understand the Judeo-Christian tradition.
5. What does God do when displeased by some human action or inaction?
(a) He worries.
(b) He reacts.
(c) He plots
(d) He ignores them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Hebrew God different from those of Greek mythology?
2. Why is God's two-part speech to Job significant?
3. With what is God satisfied regarding various nations?
4. What does God become when Pharaoh legislates that all Israelite boys be killed at birth?
5. What god is He compared to after his transformation?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)