|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau think humans are called to in "Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix"?
(a) Perfection and stability.
(b) Happiness and perfection.
(c) Perfection and wealth.
(d) Happiness and wealth.
2. What does Rousseau believe is the reason men now live apart?
(a) To keep their personal secrets.
(b) To hide their wickedness.
(c) To have more land.
(d) Secrecy is best.
3. How did Rousseau feel men treated morality before art?
(a) Men had a rude but natural morality.
(b) Men ignored it.
(c) Men were ignorant to it.
(d) With passion.
4. Who spread knowledge to the masses, according to Rousseau?
(a) Textbook writers.
5. What does philosophy do?
(a) Isolates the human.
(b) Introverts the human.
(c) Enlightens the human.
(d) Broadens the human.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rousseau believe created physics?
2. How is wasting time viewed by society today, according to "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
3. What does Rousseau believe divides a repressed man?
4. What does Rousseau mention men differ in as common character starts to develop within the human?
5. According to Rousseau, what is the outcome of man's labor?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)