|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau believe helped man use nature?
(a) Free will.
(b) Natural reason.
2. What does Rousseau say the size of the state should be in order to propose laws freely?
3. What is the main task of Rousseau's, "The Discourse on the Origin of Inequality"?
(a) To discover the origin of inequality.
(b) To compare and contrast equality vs inequality.
(c) To discuss the history of inequality.
(d) To discover origins.
4. According to Rousseau, what was life of man limited to before his interests grew?
5. What does Rousseau believe would return humans to the original state of society?
(a) Giving up power.
(b) Complete idleness.
(c) Complete desire.
(d) Incomplete passion.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rousseau, what do passions allow for the human?
2. What should mans' response to the effects of art and science on society be, as described by Rousseau?
3. What does the dissolution of morality follow according to Rousseau?
4. What summarizes the end of "Chapter 4, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part One"?
5. What has added little to happiness in humans, according to Rousseau?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)