|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kwang Jingshu located at the end of the novel?
2. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about his own generation?
3. What benefit does Joe Muhammad see in the war?
4. According to Maria Zhuganova, what are women of her country being told to do?
5. Why is Bohdan Taras overseeing the Patrona Bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Todd Wainio coping with life after the war?
2. Explain what happened in Cuba during the war?
3. How does Joe Muhammad feel about life after the war?
4. How is Maria Zhuganova coping with life after the war?
5. When speaking with the narrator, Jesika Hendricks casually kills a zombie as it begins to reanimate. What does this reveal about her?
6. According to Maria Zhuganova, how is Russia coping after the war?
7. Explain the battle plan for "the road to New York," according to Todd Wainio.
8. How were dogs used during the war?
9. Explain how the United States's desire to go to war is a turning point in the story.
10. Explain how underwater zombies were dealt with during the war.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the two types of narrators? Give two examples of each kind of narrator, using evidence from the story to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the opening scene in World War Z. Why does the author open the story with this scene? What "stage" does this scene set for the rest of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Answer the following: What was the role of the Russian clergy during the war? Was this ethical? Why or why not? Be specific.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)