|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kondo Tatsumi hope to find?
2. What has Todd Wainio attempted to do by the end of the novel?
3. What is an "otaku?"
4. Why did some of Terry Knox's crewmates die after being rescued?
5. According to Choi, the men working the jobs for the Deep Submergence Combat Corp are better than what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened in North Korea during the war. What does Hyungchol Choi speculate happened?
2. How do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn feel now that the war is over?
3. How are Jesika Hendricks and Mary Jo Miller different in the way they place blame in Chapter 8?
4. Explain how Jesika Hendricks and her parents were able to survive the winter.
5. Explain the role of Russian priests during the war, and how the role developed..
6. How has Kwang Jingshu's perspective changed after the war?
7. Explain the importance of Radio Free Earth during the war.
8. When speaking with the narrator, Jesika Hendricks casually kills a zombie as it begins to reanimate. What does this reveal about her?
9. What will happen to Breckinridge Scott after the war?
10. How does Kondo Tatsumi feel about Tomonaga Ijiro according to Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the military perspective of the outbreak and war with the civilian perspective of the outbreak and war.
Essay Topic 2
Define "foil," and give at least two examples from World War Z.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in World War Z take actions and make decisions they otherwise would not. What character from World War Z made the most difficult decision during the war? Why was this decision so difficult? Do you think this character made the right decision? Why or why not?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)