|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Todd Wainio do at the moment of his most vivid memory?
2. What is the second choice given to U.S. military forces after the war, according to "The Whacko?"
3. Why did Cuba thrive during the war?
4. How did Todd Wainio lose his squad leader?
5. Why is Philip Adler unable to keep his promise to himself about Lang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Breckinridge Scott after the war?
2. How does Kwang Jingshu feel about life and China after the war?
3. How does Kondo Tatsumi feel about Tomonaga Ijiro according to Chapter 8?
4. Explain the importance of royalty during the war, according to Allen Forbes.
5. Explain how underwater zombies were dealt with during the war.
6. Explain the importance of Tomonaga Ijiro to Japan after the war?
7. Why did the narrator speak to so many different people during the story?
8. Explain what happened in Cuba during the war?
9. What is the tone of Chapter 4?
10. Why is T. Sean Collins having trouble adapting to life after the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the two types of narrators? Give two examples of each kind of narrator, using evidence from the story to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the final scene of World War Z. Why does the author end the story with this scene? How does this ending scene leave the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the opening scene in World War Z. Why does the author open the story with this scene? What "stage" does this scene set for the rest of the story?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)