|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Todd Wainio lose his squad leader?
2. What happens to Ijiro's Shield Society?
3. Who watches Tomonaga Ijiro accept an award in Kyoto, Japan?
4. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about his own generation?
5. How are zombies distracted away from incoming ships?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tone of Chapter 4?
2. What does Chapter 4 reveal about the people experiencing the outbreak and war?
3. According to Maria Zhuganova, how is Russia coping after the war?
4. Explain the importance of Tomonaga Ijiro to Japan after the war?
5. How does Kwang Jingshu feel about life and China after the war?
6. How is Maria Zhuganova coping with life after the war?
7. Explain how the United States's desire to go to war is a turning point in the story.
8. How does Joe Muhammad feel about life after the war?
9. Why is Michael Choi so upset by the extinction of whales on Earth, as well as the deaths of most of the Earth's marine life?
10. How is Todd Wainio coping with life after the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the final scene of World War Z. Why does the author end the story with this scene? How does this ending scene leave the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in World War Z take actions and make decisions they otherwise would not. What character from World War Z made the most difficult decision during the war? Why was this decision so difficult? Do you think this character made the right decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Define "foil," and give at least two examples from World War Z.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)