|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Philip Adler unable to keep his promise to himself about Lang?
2. According to Choi, the men working the jobs for the Deep Submergence Combat Corp are better than what?
3. What is Todd Wainio's most vivid memory?
4. What does Jurgen Warmbrunn say would be true if there were no survivors of the Holocaust?
5. According to Michael Choi, what no longer exist on Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the narrator speak to so many different people during the story?
2. Explain how the United States's desire to go to war is a turning point in the story.
3. How is Todd Wainio coping with life after the war?
4. Why are some people pessimistic about life after the war?
5. Explain what happened in Cuba during the war?
6. How does Kwang Jingshu feel about life and China after the war?
7. Explain the importance of Tomonaga Ijiro to Japan after the war?
8. Why do the different people have such different reactions to life after the war?
9. How is Maria Zhuganova coping with life after the war?
10. What does Chapter 4 reveal about the people experiencing the outbreak and war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the two types of characterization and give at least one example of each from World War Z.
Essay Topic 2
What is "the road to New York?" Describe it in detail, and explain whether it was successful or not, using evidence from the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is theme? Explain one theme of World War Z using specific examples to support your claims.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)