|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are sunken vessels cleared from harbors, according to Michael Choi?
2. What animals were too inconsistent in smelling out zombies during the war?
3. Where is Joe Muhammad located in Chapter 8?
4. How are zombies distracted away from incoming ships?
5. According to Sardar Khanin, why would a thermonuclear weapon be a bad idea to use in the pass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the role of Russian priests during the war, and how the role developed..
2. What does Chapter 4 reveal about the people experiencing the outbreak and war?
3. Why did the narrator speak to so many different people during the story?
4. What will happen to Breckinridge Scott after the war?
5. Why is T. Sean Collins having trouble adapting to life after the war?
6. How are Jesika Hendricks and Mary Jo Miller different in the way they place blame in Chapter 8?
7. What was Terry Knox's perspective of the war?
8. Explain the importance of royalty during the war, according to Allen Forbes.
9. Explain how the United States's desire to go to war is a turning point in the story.
10. Why are some people pessimistic about life after the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the motif of "blame" in World War Z, including an explanation of what a motif is. Explain who is blamed for the war, why they are blamed, and by whom. Use specific examples from the story to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the final scene of World War Z. Why does the author end the story with this scene? How does this ending scene leave the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Paul Redeker with Xolelwa Azania.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)