|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after his interview with the narrator did Terry Knox die?
2. What nation is Maria Zhuganova part of?
3. What happens to Ijiro's Shield Society?
4. What does Mrs. Miller hope the lasting legacy to her children will be?
5. According to Jurgen Warmbrunn, why were there no survivors of the Holocaust?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the zombies make the perfect army, according to General D'Ambrosia.
2. Explain why the pass in India needs to be destroyed, according to Sardar Khanin.
3. According to Maria Zhuganova, how is Russia coping after the war?
4. What do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn have in common in Chapter 8?
5. How is Maria Zhuganova coping with life after the war?
6. Explain the changes to the military after the announcement to go to war, according to Todd Wainio.
7. Why does the author end with Todd Wainio's story?
8. How does Kondo Tatsumi feel about Tomonaga Ijiro according to Chapter 8?
9. Explain how Jesika Hendricks and her parents were able to survive the winter.
10. What will happen to Breckinridge Scott after the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the final scene of World War Z. Why does the author end the story with this scene? How does this ending scene leave the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the motif of "blame" in World War Z, including an explanation of what a motif is. Explain who is blamed for the war, why they are blamed, and by whom. Use specific examples from the story to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
Government cover-up is a common theme throughout World War Z. Explain how different governments tried to cover up the outbreak or military actions, and why.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)