|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "The Whacko" tell a tree during his interview with the narrator?
2. What about Tomonaga Ijiro does Kondo Tatsumi disagree with?
3. Why is Philip Adler unable to keep his promise to himself about Lang?
4. According to Maria Zhuganova, what are women of her country being told to do?
5. What is the final battle for the U.S. called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the battle plan for "the road to New York," according to Todd Wainio.
2. What will happen to Breckinridge Scott after the war?
3. Explain the role of Russian priests during the war, and how the role developed..
4. Explain how Jesika Hendricks and her parents were able to survive the winter.
5. Why do the different people have such different reactions to life after the war?
6. What was Terry Knox's perspective of the war?
7. When speaking with the narrator, Jesika Hendricks casually kills a zombie as it begins to reanimate. What does this reveal about her?
8. How does Kwang Jingshu feel about life and China after the war?
9. How does Kondo Tatsumi feel about Tomonaga Ijiro according to Chapter 8?
10. According to Maria Zhuganova, how is Russia coping after the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the opening scene in World War Z. Why does the author open the story with this scene? What "stage" does this scene set for the rest of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is one literary element used in World War Z. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the story and explain what is being foreshadowed for each.
Essay Topic 3
Government cover-up is a common theme throughout World War Z. Explain how different governments tried to cover up the outbreak or military actions, and why.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)