|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about Tomonaga Ijiro's generation?
2. What does Kondo Tatsumi see in Tomonaga Ijiro's path?
3. How did Father Sergei Ryzhkov prevent infected soldiers from committing the sin of suicide?
4. Why does Jesika Hendricks return to the wilderness park in Canada every year?
5. What is Todd Wainio's most vivid memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are some people pessimistic about life after the war?
2. Explain why the soldiers in Chapter 4 kill innocent people, and how they feel about these actions.
3. Explain why the zombies make the perfect army, according to General D'Ambrosia.
4. Explain the changes to the military after the announcement to go to war, according to Todd Wainio.
5. How has Kwang Jingshu's perspective changed after the war?
6. What is the tone of Chapter 4?
7. Explain the battle plan for "the road to New York," according to Todd Wainio.
8. How does Joe Muhammad feel about life after the war?
9. Explain how the United States's desire to go to war is a turning point in the story.
10. What will happen to Breckinridge Scott after the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in World War Z take actions and make decisions they otherwise would not. What character from World War Z made the most difficult decision during the war? Why was this decision so difficult? Do you think this character made the right decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is theme? Explain one theme of World War Z using specific examples to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
What are the two types of narrators? Give two examples of each kind of narrator, using evidence from the story to support your claim.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)