|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sardar Khanin, why would a thermonuclear weapon be a bad idea to use in the pass?
2. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about Tomonaga Ijiro's generation?
3. What is T. Sean Collins now unable to do?
4. What became shields for the soul during the war?
5. According to Todd Wainio, what benefit did the military's light BUD uniforms have in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is T. Sean Collins having trouble adapting to life after the war?
2. How were dogs used during the war?
3. How are Jesika Hendricks and Mary Jo Miller different in the way they place blame in Chapter 8?
4. Explain how the United States's desire to go to war is a turning point in the story.
5. Explain what happened in North Korea during the war. What does Hyungchol Choi speculate happened?
6. What will happen to Breckinridge Scott after the war?
7. Explain what happened in Cuba during the war?
8. Why does the author end with Todd Wainio's story?
9. Why are some people pessimistic about life after the war?
10. Explain the battle plan for "the road to New York," according to Todd Wainio.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the elements of a story arc. Identify the plot points in World War Z that correspond with the elements of a story arc.
Essay Topic 2
Define the four types of conflict and give an example of each from World War Z.
Essay Topic 3
What are the two types of narrators? Give two examples of each kind of narrator, using evidence from the story to support your claim.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)