|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does ADS stand for?
2. What animals were too inconsistent in smelling out zombies during the war?
3. What does "The Whacko" tell a tree during his interview with the narrator?
4. What is Arthur Sinclair's new job?
5. According to Philip Adler in Chapter 8, what did his country lose?
Short Essay Questions
1. When speaking with the narrator, Jesika Hendricks casually kills a zombie as it begins to reanimate. What does this reveal about her?
2. What is the tone of Chapter 4?
3. Explain the importance of Radio Free Earth during the war.
4. Why is Michael Choi so upset by the extinction of whales on Earth, as well as the deaths of most of the Earth's marine life?
5. Why does the author end with Todd Wainio's story?
6. What do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn have in common in Chapter 8?
7. What does Chapter 4 reveal about the people experiencing the outbreak and war?
8. According to Maria Zhuganova, how is Russia coping after the war?
9. How are Jesika Hendricks and Mary Jo Miller different in the way they place blame in Chapter 8?
10. How is Todd Wainio coping with life after the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in World War Z take actions and make decisions they otherwise would not. What character from World War Z made the most difficult decision during the war? Why was this decision so difficult? Do you think this character made the right decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the final scene of World War Z. Why does the author end the story with this scene? How does this ending scene leave the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Define "foil," and give at least two examples from World War Z.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)