Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Saladin Kader escape?
2. According to Todd Wainio, where were the soldiers placed?
3. When the narrator interviews Paul Redeker, what number novel is he writing?
4. What did citizens of South Africa think of Paul Redeker?
5. How did the CIA handle the Warmbrunn-Knight plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Paul Redeker was a good choice to create a survival plan.
2. How do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn feel now that the war is over?
3. Explain the relationship between Lang and Philip Adler.
4. Explain how underwater zombies were dealt with during the war.
5. Explain the importance of Tomonaga Ijiro to Japan after the war?
6. Explain the changes to the military after the announcement to go to war, according to Todd Wainio.
7. Explain what happened between Iran and Pakistan during the war.
8. Explain why the soldiers in Chapter 4 kill innocent people, and how they feel about these actions.
9. What do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn have in common in Chapter 8?
10. Explain the role of Russian priests during the war, and how the role developed..
Explain the opening scene in World War Z. Why does the author open the story with this scene? What "stage" does this scene set for the rest of the story?
Foreshadowing is one literary element used in World War Z. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the story and explain what is being foreshadowed for each.
Write a brief biography of Breckinridge Scott, and explain his role in the outbreak, Panic, and war. Be specific.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)