|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Grover Carlson hold when he is interviewed by the narrator?
2. In what town is the outbreak believed to have originated?
3. What is the name of the man who also contributes his name to Warmbrunn's plan?
4. What plan did Paul Redeker rewrite for the apartheid government?
5. To where was Bob Archer transferred?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary Jo Miller's story of her first encounter with zombies important?
2. Explain three reasons the CIA missed the illness in China.
3. Explain how the U.S. government responded to the outbreak.
4. Explain why a chemical weapon is dropped over a bridge, according to Bohdan Taras.
5. How is the Israeli government first alerted to the epidemic, and how do they initially react?
6. As the outbreak is initially occurring, how do governments and local police handle reports?
7. Explain the relationship between Lang and Philip Adler.
8. Explain why the citizens of South Africa hate Paul Redeker.
9. Explain how the outbreak spread to Paris.
10. Describe the "New Community" settlement in which Mary Jo Miller lives in Troy, Montana.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is theme? Explain one theme of World War Z using specific examples to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the motif of "blame" in World War Z, including an explanation of what a motif is. Explain who is blamed for the war, why they are blamed, and by whom. Use specific examples from the story to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the military perspective of the outbreak and war with the civilian perspective of the outbreak and war.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)