Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Saladin Kader escape?
2. According to Todd Wainio, where were the soldiers placed?
3. When the narrator interviews Paul Redeker, what number novel is he writing?
4. What did citizens of South Africa think of Paul Redeker?
5. How did the CIA handle the Warmbrunn-Knight plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Paul Redeker was a good choice to create a survival plan.
2. How do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn feel now that the war is over?
3. Explain the relationship between Lang and Philip Adler.
4. Explain how underwater zombies were dealt with during the war.
5. Explain the importance of Tomonaga Ijiro to Japan after the war?
6. Explain the changes to the military after the announcement to go to war, according to Todd Wainio.
7. Explain what happened between Iran and Pakistan during the war.
8. Explain why the soldiers in Chapter 4 kill innocent people, and how they feel about these actions.
9. What do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn have in common in Chapter 8?
10. Explain the role of Russian priests during the war, and how the role developed..
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in World War Z take actions and make decisions they otherwise would not. What character from World War Z made the most difficult decision during the war? Why was this decision so difficult? Do you think this character made the right decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following: What is willing suspension of disbelief? Why is it important for readers to suspend their disbelief? What specific changes would need to be made to World War Z in order for it to be considered realism?
Essay Topic 3
What genre is World War Z? Explain the characteristics of the genre, and use evidence from the story to support your claim.
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)