|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does Philip Adler initially refuse?
2. Who does Mary Jo Miller free from being pulled out the window by the infected?
3. Why is Paul Redeker a good choice for coming up with solutions to world problems?
4. Why does Philip Adler finally agree to follow the order he initially refuses?
5. Why was Maria Zhuganova's team in Russia not aware of the Panic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Lang and Philip Adler.
2. Explain the Redeker Plan.
3. Why is Mary Jo Miller's story of her first encounter with zombies important?
4. As the outbreak is initially occurring, how do governments and local police handle reports?
5. Explain how the outbreak spread to Paris.
6. How are politics affecting efforts to contain or eliminate the outbreak?
7. How did Herr Muller get sick without having any bite marks on him?
8. Give three examples of civilians panicking at the beginning of Chapter 3.
9. Explain why the battle between the U.S. and the zombies at Yonkers is important to the story.
10. Who is Xolelwa Azania? Why is he important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the opening scene in World War Z. Why does the author open the story with this scene? What "stage" does this scene set for the rest of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following: What was the role of the Russian clergy during the war? Was this ethical? Why or why not? Be specific.
Essay Topic 3
Write a brief biography of Breckinridge Scott, and explain his role in the outbreak, Panic, and war. Be specific.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)