Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Saladin Kader escape?
2. According to Todd Wainio, where were the soldiers placed?
3. When the narrator interviews Paul Redeker, what number novel is he writing?
4. What did citizens of South Africa think of Paul Redeker?
5. How did the CIA handle the Warmbrunn-Knight plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Paul Redeker was a good choice to create a survival plan.
2. How do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn feel now that the war is over?
3. Explain the relationship between Lang and Philip Adler.
4. Explain how underwater zombies were dealt with during the war.
5. Explain the importance of Tomonaga Ijiro to Japan after the war?
6. Explain the changes to the military after the announcement to go to war, according to Todd Wainio.
7. Explain what happened between Iran and Pakistan during the war.
8. Explain why the soldiers in Chapter 4 kill innocent people, and how they feel about these actions.
9. What do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn have in common in Chapter 8?
10. Explain the role of Russian priests during the war, and how the role developed..
Essay Topic 1
Define "foil," and give at least two examples from World War Z.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the motif of "blame" in World War Z, including an explanation of what a motif is. Explain who is blamed for the war, why they are blamed, and by whom. Use specific examples from the story to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
Answer the following: What was the role of the Russian clergy during the war? Was this ethical? Why or why not? Be specific.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)