|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jurgen Warmbrunn learn about the outbreak?
2. What happens to the infected when weather turns from cold to warm?
3. What order does Philip Adler initially refuse?
4. Who carries Sharon to the parking lot from the church?
5. How was Redeker's plan initially received?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the outbreak began.
2. Explain why the citizens of South Africa hate Paul Redeker.
3. Describe the "New Community" settlement in which Mary Jo Miller lives in Troy, Montana.
4. Explain how the seasons affected the zombies.
5. Explain why the battle between the U.S. and the zombies at Yonkers is important to the story.
6. Explain the Decimation, according to Maria Zhuganova.
7. How are politics affecting efforts to contain or eliminate the outbreak?
8. Explain the relationship between Lang and Philip Adler.
9. As the outbreak is initially occurring, how do governments and local police handle reports?
10. Explain how the U.S. government responded to the outbreak.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Answer the following: What is willing suspension of disbelief? Why is it important for readers to suspend their disbelief? What specific changes would need to be made to World War Z in order for it to be considered realism?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the opening scene in World War Z. Why does the author open the story with this scene? What "stage" does this scene set for the rest of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the motif of "blame" in World War Z, including an explanation of what a motif is. Explain who is blamed for the war, why they are blamed, and by whom. Use specific examples from the story to support your claims.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)