|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the purpose of the civilians left behind in Redeker's plan?
2. Where was Gavin Blaire flying when he saw panicked people on the highway?
3. Where was Philip Adler in charge of a military operation during the war?
4. What are Paul Redeker's novels about?
5. When did Paul Redeker rewrite a plan for the apartheid government?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain three reasons the CIA missed the illness in China.
2. What do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn have in common in Chapter 8?
3. Explain why the battle between the U.S. and the zombies at Yonkers is important to the story.
4. How does Kwang Jingshu feel about life and China after the war?
5. How does Kondo Tatsumi feel about Tomonaga Ijiro according to Chapter 8?
6. Explain the importance of Radio Free Earth during the war.
7. Explain how the seasons affected the zombies.
8. Describe the "New Community" settlement in which Mary Jo Miller lives in Troy, Montana.
9. What was Terry Knox's perspective of the war?
10. Why did the narrator speak to so many different people during the story?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the military perspective of the outbreak and war with the civilian perspective of the outbreak and war.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is one literary element used in World War Z. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the story and explain what is being foreshadowed for each.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Paul Redeker with Xolelwa Azania.
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)