|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was T. Sean Collins in Long Island during the Panic?
2. Why did the U.S. CIA miss the disease in China?
3. What is the term given to the twelve-year-old boy believed to be the first human infected?
4. According to Maria Zhuganova, who shoots a little girl between the eyes?
5. According to Grover Carlson, why was Breckinridge Scott's vaccine pushed through the FDA?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the changes to the military after the announcement to go to war, according to Todd Wainio.
2. How are politics affecting efforts to contain or eliminate the outbreak?
3. Why do the different people have such different reactions to life after the war?
4. Explain how underwater zombies were dealt with during the war.
5. Describe the "New Community" settlement in which Mary Jo Miller lives in Troy, Montana.
6. According to Maria Zhuganova, how is Russia coping after the war?
7. How is the Israeli government first alerted to the epidemic, and how do they initially react?
8. How are Jesika Hendricks and Mary Jo Miller different in the way they place blame in Chapter 8?
9. Explain what happened in Cuba during the war?
10. Explain how the outbreak spread to Paris.
Essay Topic 1
What is "the road to New York?" Describe it in detail, and explain whether it was successful or not, using evidence from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following: What is willing suspension of disbelief? Why is it important for readers to suspend their disbelief? What specific changes would need to be made to World War Z in order for it to be considered realism?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in World War Z take actions and make decisions they otherwise would not. What character from World War Z made the most difficult decision during the war? Why was this decision so difficult? Do you think this character made the right decision? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)