|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the twelve-year-old boy infected?
2. What is the only country to follow Warmbrunn's plan?
3. What was the name of Breckinridge Scott's vaccine?
4. Why does Philip Adler finally agree to follow the order he initially refuses?
5. According to Todd Wainio, where were the soldiers placed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the rich and famous handled the war, according to T. Sean Collins.
2. Explain why a chemical weapon is dropped over a bridge, according to Bohdan Taras.
3. Explain what happened between Iran and Pakistan during the war.
4. Explain why Paul Redeker was a good choice to create a survival plan.
5. Describe the "New Community" settlement in which Mary Jo Miller lives in Troy, Montana.
6. How are politics affecting efforts to contain or eliminate the outbreak?
7. What is Phalanx?
8. Who is Xolelwa Azania? Why is he important?
9. Describe the battle between the U.S. and zombies at Yonkers.
10. Explain how the U.S. government responded to the outbreak.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the elements of a story arc. Identify the plot points in World War Z that correspond with the elements of a story arc.
Essay Topic 2
Government cover-up is a common theme throughout World War Z. Explain how different governments tried to cover up the outbreak or military actions, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the final scene of World War Z. Why does the author end the story with this scene? How does this ending scene leave the reader?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)