|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real identity of Xolelwa Azania?
2. What position did Grover Carlson once hold in Washington, D.C.?
3. When the narrator interviews Paul Redeker, what number novel is he writing?
4. What promise does Philip Adler make to himself?
5. What happens to the infected when weather turns from cold to warm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the U.S. government responded to the outbreak.
2. Explain why a chemical weapon is dropped over a bridge, according to Bohdan Taras.
3. Explain the Decimation, according to Maria Zhuganova.
4. Explain what happened between Iran and Pakistan during the war.
5. Explain how the seasons affected the zombies.
6. What is Phalanx?
7. How are politics affecting efforts to contain or eliminate the outbreak?
8. Explain three reasons the CIA missed the illness in China.
9. Explain why the citizens of South Africa hate Paul Redeker.
10. Why is Mary Jo Miller's story of her first encounter with zombies important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the two types of characterization and give at least one example of each from World War Z.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the elements of a story arc. Identify the plot points in World War Z that correspond with the elements of a story arc.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Paul Redeker with Xolelwa Azania.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)