|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stanley MacDonald told about the bodies found in caves?
2. In what town is the outbreak believed to have originated?
3. Why does Philip Adler finally agree to follow the order he initially refuses?
4. Why is Paul Redeker a good choice for coming up with solutions to world problems?
5. What plan did Paul Redeker rewrite for the apartheid government?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are politics affecting efforts to contain or eliminate the outbreak?
2. Why did the narrator speak to so many different people during the story?
3. What is Phalanx?
4. Explain why the battle between the U.S. and the zombies at Yonkers is important to the story.
5. According to Maria Zhuganova, how is Russia coping after the war?
6. Explain why the soldiers in Chapter 4 kill innocent people, and how they feel about these actions.
7. Explain the Decimation, according to Maria Zhuganova.
8. Explain the role of Russian priests during the war, and how the role developed..
9. Explain how the United States's desire to go to war is a turning point in the story.
10. How does Joe Muhammad feel about life after the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a brief biography of Breckinridge Scott, and explain his role in the outbreak, Panic, and war. Be specific.
Essay Topic 2
Define the four types of conflict and give an example of each from World War Z.
Essay Topic 3
What is "the road to New York?" Describe it in detail, and explain whether it was successful or not, using evidence from the story.
This section contains 1,374 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)