|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What haunts Gavin Blaire most about seeing the people panicked on the highway?
2. In what town is the outbreak believed to have originated?
3. According to Travis D'Ambrosia, why was Phase Two of the plan to handle the infected never started?
4. Where was Gavin Blaire flying when he saw panicked people on the highway?
5. What are Paul Redeker's novels about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give three examples of civilians panicking at the beginning of Chapter 3.
2. Explain the Decimation, according to Maria Zhuganova.
3. Explain how the outbreak spread to Paris.
4. Explain how the outbreak began.
5. Who is Xolelwa Azania? Why is he important?
6. How are politics affecting efforts to contain or eliminate the outbreak?
7. Describe the battle between the U.S. and zombies at Yonkers.
8. Describe the "New Community" settlement in which Mary Jo Miller lives in Troy, Montana.
9. Explain the Redeker Plan.
10. Explain why the citizens of South Africa hate Paul Redeker.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the two types of narrators? Give two examples of each kind of narrator, using evidence from the story to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
What genre is World War Z? Explain the characteristics of the genre, and use evidence from the story to support your claim.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the opening scene in World War Z. Why does the author open the story with this scene? What "stage" does this scene set for the rest of the story?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)