|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rolihlahla?
2. What is the name of the man who also contributes his name to Warmbrunn's plan?
3. What happens to the infected in cold weather?
4. How did the CIA handle the Warmbrunn-Knight plan?
5. What order does Philip Adler initially refuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are politics affecting efforts to contain or eliminate the outbreak?
2. Why is Mary Jo Miller's story of her first encounter with zombies important?
3. Explain how the seasons affected the zombies.
4. Give three examples of civilians panicking at the beginning of Chapter 3.
5. Describe the battle between the U.S. and zombies at Yonkers.
6. Explain why the citizens of South Africa hate Paul Redeker.
7. Explain the Decimation, according to Maria Zhuganova.
8. Explain how the outbreak began.
9. Explain why the battle between the U.S. and the zombies at Yonkers is important to the story.
10. Describe the "New Community" settlement in which Mary Jo Miller lives in Troy, Montana.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in World War Z take actions and make decisions they otherwise would not. What character from World War Z made the most difficult decision during the war? Why was this decision so difficult? Do you think this character made the right decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following: What is willing suspension of disbelief? Why is it important for readers to suspend their disbelief? What specific changes would need to be made to World War Z in order for it to be considered realism?
Essay Topic 3
Write a brief biography of Breckinridge Scott, and explain his role in the outbreak, Panic, and war. Be specific.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)