|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries Sharon to the parking lot from the church?
2. According to Todd Wainio, where were the soldiers placed?
3. According to Grover Carlson, why was Breckinridge Scott's vaccine pushed through the FDA?
4. In what town is the outbreak believed to have originated?
5. What position does Grover Carlson hold when he is interviewed by the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the Decimation, according to Maria Zhuganova.
2. How are politics affecting efforts to contain or eliminate the outbreak?
3. As the outbreak is initially occurring, how do governments and local police handle reports?
4. Explain how the seasons affected the zombies.
5. What is Phalanx?
6. Explain the Redeker Plan.
7. Why is Mary Jo Miller's story of her first encounter with zombies important?
8. Explain why a chemical weapon is dropped over a bridge, according to Bohdan Taras.
9. Explain what happened between Iran and Pakistan during the war.
10. Explain why Paul Redeker was a good choice to create a survival plan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is "the road to New York?" Describe it in detail, and explain whether it was successful or not, using evidence from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following: What is willing suspension of disbelief? Why is it important for readers to suspend their disbelief? What specific changes would need to be made to World War Z in order for it to be considered realism?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the motif of "blame" in World War Z, including an explanation of what a motif is. Explain who is blamed for the war, why they are blamed, and by whom. Use specific examples from the story to support your claims.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)