|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator interviews Paul Redeker, what number novel is he writing?
2. Why does smuggling become popular in the early stages of the outbreak?
3. What is the only way to kill the infected?
4. According to Todd Wainio, what led to soldiers panicking and the line collapsing?
5. What illness did Breckinridge Scott's vaccine claim to cure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Phalanx?
2. Describe the battle between the U.S. and zombies at Yonkers.
3. Describe the "New Community" settlement in which Mary Jo Miller lives in Troy, Montana.
4. Explain why a chemical weapon is dropped over a bridge, according to Bohdan Taras.
5. Why is Mary Jo Miller's story of her first encounter with zombies important?
6. Explain the Decimation, according to Maria Zhuganova.
7. Explain how the outbreak spread to Paris.
8. Explain three reasons the CIA missed the illness in China.
9. Give three examples of civilians panicking at the beginning of Chapter 3.
10. Explain why the citizens of South Africa hate Paul Redeker.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is "the road to New York?" Describe it in detail, and explain whether it was successful or not, using evidence from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following: What was the role of the Russian clergy during the war? Was this ethical? Why or why not? Be specific.
Essay Topic 3
Answer the following: What is willing suspension of disbelief? Why is it important for readers to suspend their disbelief? What specific changes would need to be made to World War Z in order for it to be considered realism?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)