|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary Jo Miller free from being pulled out the window by the infected?
2. What was one diagnosis for the outbreak early on?
3. What haunts Gavin Blaire most about seeing the people panicked on the highway?
4. In what town is the outbreak believed to have originated?
5. Why did Breckinridge Scott develop a vaccine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the outbreak spread to Paris.
2. Explain why a chemical weapon is dropped over a bridge, according to Bohdan Taras.
3. Why is Mary Jo Miller's story of her first encounter with zombies important?
4. Explain the relationship between Lang and Philip Adler.
5. Explain why the citizens of South Africa hate Paul Redeker.
6. Explain how the outbreak began.
7. Explain how the seasons affected the zombies.
8. Describe the "New Community" settlement in which Mary Jo Miller lives in Troy, Montana.
9. Describe the battle between the U.S. and zombies at Yonkers.
10. Explain how the U.S. government responded to the outbreak.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is theme? Explain one theme of World War Z using specific examples to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the final scene of World War Z. Why does the author end the story with this scene? How does this ending scene leave the reader?
Essay Topic 3
What genre is World War Z? Explain the characteristics of the genre, and use evidence from the story to support your claim.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)