|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Todd Wainio, where were the soldiers placed?
2. To where did Breckinridge Scott escape to live in solitude?
3. What was the purpose of the civilians left behind in Redeker's plan?
4. According to Ahmed Farahnakian, who spoiled Iran's recovery plan?
5. What haunts Gavin Blaire most about seeing the people panicked on the highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the rich and famous handled the war, according to T. Sean Collins.
2. How is the Israeli government first alerted to the epidemic, and how do they initially react?
3. As the outbreak is initially occurring, how do governments and local police handle reports?
4. Explain why Paul Redeker was a good choice to create a survival plan.
5. Explain the Decimation, according to Maria Zhuganova.
6. Give three examples of civilians panicking at the beginning of Chapter 3.
7. Describe the battle between the U.S. and zombies at Yonkers.
8. Explain why a chemical weapon is dropped over a bridge, according to Bohdan Taras.
9. Explain three reasons the CIA missed the illness in China.
10. How are politics affecting efforts to contain or eliminate the outbreak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the military perspective of the outbreak and war with the civilian perspective of the outbreak and war.
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following: What is willing suspension of disbelief? Why is it important for readers to suspend their disbelief? What specific changes would need to be made to World War Z in order for it to be considered realism?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the motif of "blame" in World War Z, including an explanation of what a motif is. Explain who is blamed for the war, why they are blamed, and by whom. Use specific examples from the story to support your claims.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)