|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mary Jo Miller respond to her children developing fears before the outbreak?
2. What does Saladin Kader believe about Warmbrunn's plan?
3. Who shoots Jacob Nyathi as he tries to escape during a panic?
4. Where did the U.S. military attempt to end the Panic by showing how effective the military was?
5. What haunts Gavin Blaire most about seeing the people panicked on the highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the Decimation, according to Maria Zhuganova.
2. Explain how the seasons affected the zombies.
3. Explain how the outbreak began.
4. What is Phalanx?
5. Explain why the battle between the U.S. and the zombies at Yonkers is important to the story.
6. How did Herr Muller get sick without having any bite marks on him?
7. Explain how the U.S. government responded to the outbreak.
8. Explain why a chemical weapon is dropped over a bridge, according to Bohdan Taras.
9. Explain why the citizens of South Africa hate Paul Redeker.
10. Explain why Paul Redeker was a good choice to create a survival plan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the motif of "blame" in World War Z, including an explanation of what a motif is. Explain who is blamed for the war, why they are blamed, and by whom. Use specific examples from the story to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Paul Redeker with Xolelwa Azania.
Essay Topic 3
What genre is World War Z? Explain the characteristics of the genre, and use evidence from the story to support your claim.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)