|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one diagnosis for the outbreak early on?
2. What is the real identity of Xolelwa Azania?
3. Who shoots Jacob Nyathi as he tries to escape during a panic?
4. In what town is the outbreak believed to have originated?
5. Where did the U.S. military attempt to end the Panic by showing how effective the military was?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the Redeker Plan.
2. Explain why Paul Redeker was a good choice to create a survival plan.
3. How is the Israeli government first alerted to the epidemic, and how do they initially react?
4. Explain how the rich and famous handled the war, according to T. Sean Collins.
5. Explain how the U.S. government responded to the outbreak.
6. What is Phalanx?
7. As the outbreak is initially occurring, how do governments and local police handle reports?
8. Explain three reasons the CIA missed the illness in China.
9. Describe the battle between the U.S. and zombies at Yonkers.
10. Who is Xolelwa Azania? Why is he important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many changes occur in the characters as a result of the outbreak and war. Choose one character from the story and explain how and why that character changed as a direct result of the outbreak and war.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the motif of "blame" in World War Z, including an explanation of what a motif is. Explain who is blamed for the war, why they are blamed, and by whom. Use specific examples from the story to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Paul Redeker with Xolelwa Azania.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)