|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were "fragdogs?"
(a) Dogs strapped with bombs and sent into battle to detonate.
(b) Dogs used to carry ammunition while in battle.
(c) Dogs used to carry messages between battalions on the battlefield.
(d) Dogs trained to help soldiers hold the line by "herding" them on the battlefield.
2. Why did Cuba thrive during the war?
(a) They became a democracy.
(b) They acquired Puerto Rico as part of their country.
(c) They were always prepared for war.
(d) They were immune to the illness.
3. What animal was used to lead the zombies to the army firing line in Hope, New Mexico?
4. What has Todd Wainio attempted to do by the end of the novel?
(a) Tell others of his experiences.
(b) Start dating.
(c) Build a house.
(d) Return to a normal life.
5. What does Sardar Khanin see crawling all over people on a Himalayan road?
(b) Infected people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did some of Terry Knox's crewmates die after being rescued?
2. What is Todd Wainio's relationship status at the end of the novel?
3. According to Bohdan Taras, what city is set on fire?
4. What is Allen Forbes's job?
5. What happens to Ijiro's Shield Society?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn feel now that the war is over?
2. Explain why the soldiers in Chapter 4 kill innocent people, and how they feel about these actions.
3. Explain how underwater zombies were dealt with during the war.
4. Why is Michael Choi so upset by the extinction of whales on Earth, as well as the deaths of most of the Earth's marine life?
5. How is Todd Wainio coping with life after the war?
6. What will happen to Breckinridge Scott after the war?
7. How does Kwang Jingshu feel about life and China after the war?
8. Explain the importance of Tomonaga Ijiro to Japan after the war?
9. How does Kondo Tatsumi feel about Tomonaga Ijiro according to Chapter 8?
10. Why are some people pessimistic about life after the war?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)