|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in North Korea during the war?
(a) There was a civil war that destroyed the country from within.
(b) No one knows.
(c) They became allies with South Korea.
(d) They became allies with Switzerland.
2. According to Philip Adler in Chapter 8, when did his country lose something important?
(a) When they abandoned civilians.
(b) When they followed the Redeker Plan.
(c) When they burned the fields to try and stop the zombies.
(d) When they accepted help from Russia.
3. What does Kwang Jingshu believe about China?
(a) That she will rebuild her power.
(b) That she will join forces with the U.S.
(c) That she will become the center of the new world's culture.
(d) That she will never be as powerful as she once was.
4. How long did the process of the final battle for the U.S. take?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three years.
5. Why did Cuba thrive during the war?
(a) They became a democracy.
(b) They were immune to the illness.
(c) They were always prepared for war.
(d) They acquired Puerto Rico as part of their country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "The Whacko" tell a tree during his interview with the narrator?
2. According to Bohdan Taras, what is released over a bridge in order to discover who is infected?
3. What do rumors say a "death squad" priests are?
4. According to Sardar Khanin, why would a thermonuclear weapon be a bad idea to use in the pass?
5. According to Sardar Khanin, why did the pass need to be destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the soldiers in Chapter 4 kill innocent people, and how they feel about these actions.
2. Explain the battle plan for "the road to New York," according to Todd Wainio.
3. How has Kwang Jingshu's perspective changed after the war?
4. What does Chapter 4 reveal about the people experiencing the outbreak and war?
5. Explain the importance of royalty during the war, according to Allen Forbes.
6. What was Terry Knox's perspective of the war?
7. How does Kondo Tatsumi feel about Tomonaga Ijiro according to Chapter 8?
8. When speaking with the narrator, Jesika Hendricks casually kills a zombie as it begins to reanimate. What does this reveal about her?
9. Why are some people pessimistic about life after the war?
10. Why do the different people have such different reactions to life after the war?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)