|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Choi, the men working the jobs for the Deep Submergence Combat Corp are better than what?
2. What nation is Maria Zhuganova part of?
(a) She is no longer affiliated with any country.
(b) The Consolidated States of North America.
(c) The West Indies Federation.
(d) The Holy Russian Empire.
3. How did Todd Wainio lose his squad leader?
(a) Friendly fire.
(c) Mental illness.
4. Who watches Tomonaga Ijiro accept an award in Kyoto, Japan?
(a) General Raj-Singh.
(b) Kondo Tatsumi.
(c) Ijiro's sister.
(d) Mrs. Miller.
5. What is a "hibakusha?"
(a) A zombie.
(b) One who is immune to the illness.
(c) One who was blinded in the bomb on Hiroshima.
(d) An outsider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Miller hope the lasting legacy to her children will be?
2. What about Tomonaga Ijiro does Kondo Tatsumi disagree with?
3. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about both his own and Tomonaga Ijiro's generations?
4. How did other countries respond to the request to go on the offensive at The Honolulu Conference?
5. What was the purpose of Radio Free Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn feel now that the war is over?
2. What is the tone of Chapter 4?
3. Explain how the United States's desire to go to war is a turning point in the story.
4. What does Chapter 4 reveal about the people experiencing the outbreak and war?
5. How is Todd Wainio coping with life after the war?
6. How has Kwang Jingshu's perspective changed after the war?
7. Why is T. Sean Collins having trouble adapting to life after the war?
8. Explain why the pass in India needs to be destroyed, according to Sardar Khanin.
9. How does Kondo Tatsumi feel about Tomonaga Ijiro according to Chapter 8?
10. Explain what happened in Cuba during the war?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)