|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "The Whacko" tell a tree during his interview with the narrator?
(a) That it's doing a good job.
(b) That it doesn't need to grow so quickly.
(c) That a squirrel is living in it.
(d) That it has beautiful leaves.
2. Where does Mrs. Miller place blame for the war?
(a) The military.
(b) The public.
3. What happened in North Korea during the war?
(a) There was a civil war that destroyed the country from within.
(b) No one knows.
(c) They became allies with South Korea.
(d) They became allies with Switzerland.
4. What is a "hibakusha?"
(a) A zombie.
(b) One who was blinded in the bomb on Hiroshima.
(c) An outsider.
(d) One who is immune to the illness.
5. What was the purpose of Radio Free Earth?
(a) To give civilians inside military information.
(b) To provide weather reports despite a lack of news communication.
(c) To show the people that society was beginning to rebuild itself.
(d) To serve as a weapon against lies and misinformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Chapter 8, is the only individual to believe what Maria Zhuganova's nation claims about religion?
2. After regaining consciousness, what does Sardar Khanin imagine a monkey doing?
3. Though he hopes it is not the case, what does Joe Muhammad think might happen when the zombies are long dead?
4. What would cause T. Sean Collins to kill himself?
5. What do rumors say a "death squad" priests are?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the soldiers in Chapter 4 kill innocent people, and how they feel about these actions.
2. Explain what happened in North Korea during the war. What does Hyungchol Choi speculate happened?
3. Explain what happened in Cuba during the war?
4. Explain why the zombies make the perfect army, according to General D'Ambrosia.
5. When speaking with the narrator, Jesika Hendricks casually kills a zombie as it begins to reanimate. What does this reveal about her?
6. Explain the importance of Radio Free Earth during the war.
7. Explain how Jesika Hendricks and her parents were able to survive the winter.
8. Why is T. Sean Collins having trouble adapting to life after the war?
9. Explain the role of Russian priests during the war, and how the role developed..
10. How does Kwang Jingshu feel about life and China after the war?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)