|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kwang Jingshu believe about China?
(a) That she will join forces with the U.S.
(b) That she will rebuild her power.
(c) That she will become the center of the new world's culture.
(d) That she will never be as powerful as she once was.
2. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about both his own and Tomonaga Ijiro's generations?
(a) Neither will be remembered.
(b) Both led to destruction.
(c) Both led to success.
(d) Neither will be forgotten.
3. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about Tomonaga Ijiro's generation?
(a) They were focused on culture and fine arts.
(b) They were determined to be remembered.
(c) They were happy to rule the world.
(d) They were happy to let others rule.
4. What does Todd Wainio admit at the end of the novel?
(a) He can't remember how the war began.
(b) He sometimes loses his ability to cope.
(c) He misses the days before the war.
(d) He believes one country created the illness, but it got out of hand.
5. Where does Mrs. Miller place blame for the war?
(a) The public.
(b) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Tomonaga Ijiro does Kondo Tatsumi disagree with?
2. What benefit does Joe Muhammad see in the war?
3. What is the name of the German version of the Redeker Plan?
4. Where is Kwang Jingshu located at the end of the novel?
5. How long after his interview with the narrator did Terry Knox die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened in North Korea during the war. What does Hyungchol Choi speculate happened?
2. Explain why the pass in India needs to be destroyed, according to Sardar Khanin.
3. Explain how the United States's desire to go to war is a turning point in the story.
4. How does Kondo Tatsumi feel about Tomonaga Ijiro according to Chapter 8?
5. How does Kwang Jingshu feel about life and China after the war?
6. Explain how underwater zombies were dealt with during the war.
7. Why are some people pessimistic about life after the war?
8. Why do the different people have such different reactions to life after the war?
9. According to Maria Zhuganova, how is Russia coping after the war?
10. What will happen to Breckinridge Scott after the war?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)