|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesika Hendricks have a hard time dealing with after the war?
(a) That her parents had cryptic conversations about her.
(b) That her parents died while others lived.
(c) That people no longer care about the environment.
(d) That many of the dead are not remembered.
2. What is the name of the German version of the Redeker Plan?
(a) Prochnow Plan.
(b) Nuremberg Plan.
(c) Hamburg Plan.
(d) Katterbach Plan.
3. Who, according to Chapter 8, is the only individual to believe what Maria Zhuganova's nation claims about religion?
(a) The Archbishop of Moscow.
(b) Maria Zhuganova.
(c) Clergyman Ryzhkov.
(d) The Roman Catholic Pope.
4. Maria Zhuganova tells the narrator he is being used to tell Russia's story. Why?
(a) So other countries can follow Russia's religious example.
(b) So other countries don't forget the work that Russia did in winning the war.
(c) So other countries can see that Russia is again strong and powerful.
(d) So other countries will know peace.
5. What does Kondo Tatsumi hope to find?
(a) Spiritual enlightenment.
(b) A way to recover his old personality.
(c) A middle road.
(d) A home and family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Tomonaga Ijiro does Kondo Tatsumi disagree with?
2. Why do Jesika Hendricks and her family go north?
3. What does Todd Wainio admit at the end of the novel?
4. Where is T. Sean Collins located in Chapter 8?
5. What is Todd Wainio's most vivid memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the different people have such different reactions to life after the war?
2. How are Jesika Hendricks and Mary Jo Miller different in the way they place blame in Chapter 8?
3. Explain the importance of royalty during the war, according to Allen Forbes.
4. What was Terry Knox's perspective of the war?
5. Why did the narrator speak to so many different people during the story?
6. Explain how Jesika Hendricks and her parents were able to survive the winter.
7. How is Maria Zhuganova coping with life after the war?
8. What do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn have in common in Chapter 8?
9. Explain why the pass in India needs to be destroyed, according to Sardar Khanin.
10. Explain the importance of Tomonaga Ijiro to Japan after the war?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)