|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Arthur Sinclair in Chapter 8?
(a) Wenatchee, Washington.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Hope, New Mexico.
(d) Taos, New Mexico.
2. Where is Jurgen Warmbrunn located in Chapter 8?
(a) Tel Aviv, Israel.
(b) Jerusalem, Israel.
(c) Warsaw, Poland.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
3. How long after his interview with the narrator did Terry Knox die?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) He didn't.
(d) Three months.
4. What are Bohdan Taras and other soldiers expected to do at the bridge?
(a) Check all refugees for food.
(b) Check all refugees for weapons.
(c) Check all refugees for infection.
(d) Check all refugees for identification.
5. What dreams does Todd Wainio still have?
(a) His journey through the war.
(b) Being killed by zombies.
(c) Being abandoned.
(d) Losing friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kondo Tatsumi see in Tomonaga Ijiro's path?
2. What was the purpose of Radio Free Earth?
3. According to Maria Zhuganova, what are women of her country being told to do?
4. What is Z-shock?
5. Why does food become scarce at the refugee camp where Jesika Hendricks and her family stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Michael Choi so upset by the extinction of whales on Earth, as well as the deaths of most of the Earth's marine life?
2. Why do the different people have such different reactions to life after the war?
3. What does Chapter 4 reveal about the people experiencing the outbreak and war?
4. Why did the narrator speak to so many different people during the story?
5. How do Philip Adler and Jurgen Warmbrunn feel now that the war is over?
6. Explain what happened in Cuba during the war?
7. Explain the role of Russian priests during the war, and how the role developed..
8. Explain the importance of Radio Free Earth during the war.
9. Explain how Jesika Hendricks and her parents were able to survive the winter.
10. Why are some people pessimistic about life after the war?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)