|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joe Muhammad located in Chapter 8?
(a) Taos, New Mexico.
(b) Jacksonville, Florida.
(c) Manitoba, Canada.
(d) Wenatchee, Washington.
2. After regaining consciousness, what does Sardar Khanin imagine a monkey doing?
(a) Urinating on his face.
(b) Shooting him.
(c) Serving sushi.
(d) Telling him the war is almost over.
3. Why does Jesika Hendricks return to the wilderness park in Canada every year?
(a) To lobby for equal rights for refugees.
(b) To remember her parents, who are dead.
(c) To celebrate the victory of the Battle of Sand Lakes.
(d) To clean the area of refugee debris and human remains.
4. According to Sardar Khanin, why would a thermonuclear weapon be a bad idea to use in the pass?
(a) It would poison the water in the pass.
(b) It would create a sloping ramp right up the pass.
(c) It would kill all the refugees in the pass.
(d) It would have no affect against the infected people.
5. What does Sardar Khanin see crawling all over people on a Himalayan road?
(a) Infected people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Father Sergei Ryzhkov prevent infected soldiers from committing the sin of suicide?
2. Why does food become scarce at the refugee camp where Jesika Hendricks and her family stay?
3. Jurgen Warmbrunn remembers a pond from youth. Why is this pond still gray?
4. In what state is Mrs. Miller in Chapter 8?
5. What is the first choice given to U.S. military forces after the war, according to "The Whacko?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the different people have such different reactions to life after the war?
2. Explain why the soldiers in Chapter 4 kill innocent people, and how they feel about these actions.
3. Explain the battle plan for "the road to New York," according to Todd Wainio.
4. What was Terry Knox's perspective of the war?
5. Why is Michael Choi so upset by the extinction of whales on Earth, as well as the deaths of most of the Earth's marine life?
6. Explain why the zombies make the perfect army, according to General D'Ambrosia.
7. Why are some people pessimistic about life after the war?
8. Explain the importance of royalty during the war, according to Allen Forbes.
9. How has Kwang Jingshu's perspective changed after the war?
10. What does Chapter 4 reveal about the people experiencing the outbreak and war?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)