|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town is the outbreak believed to have originated?
(a) Manitoba, Canada.
(b) Zeeland, The Netherlands.
(c) Hope, New Mexico.
(d) New Dachang, China.
2. What is the likely explanation given for reanimated bodies with no bite marks?
(a) Illegal organ transplants.
(b) Blood transfusions.
(c) The wounds healed before the infection showed symptoms.
(d) Women who were pregnant when they became infected, passing it to their babies.
3. What order does Philip Adler initially refuse?
(a) To kill refugees who try to leave the compound.
(b) To keep food from civilians to give it to the soldiers.
(c) To leave civilians behind without telling them.
(d) To kill civilians to protect them from the illness.
4. Who carries Sharon to the parking lot from the church?
(a) The minister's wife.
(b) A stranger with big, soft arms.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Ashley's mother.
5. According to Todd Wainio, where were the soldiers placed?
(a) High and under cover.
(b) In an open field.
(c) In skyscrapers.
(d) On the ground in foxholes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Breckinridge Scott's vaccine?
2. How is Dr. Silva killed?
3. What promise does Philip Adler make to himself?
4. When the narrator interviews Paul Redeker, what number novel is he writing?
5. What illness did Breckinridge Scott's vaccine claim to cure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle between the U.S. and zombies at Yonkers.
2. Explain three reasons the CIA missed the illness in China.
3. Explain the relationship between Lang and Philip Adler.
4. Explain how the seasons affected the zombies.
5. How is the Israeli government first alerted to the epidemic, and how do they initially react?
6. Why is Mary Jo Miller's story of her first encounter with zombies important?
7. As the outbreak is initially occurring, how do governments and local police handle reports?
8. Explain how the outbreak began.
9. Explain the Decimation, according to Maria Zhuganova.
10. Explain why the citizens of South Africa hate Paul Redeker.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)