|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cuba thrive during the war?
(a) They acquired Puerto Rico as part of their country.
(b) They were always prepared for war.
(c) They became a democracy.
(d) They were immune to the illness.
2. What are Bohdan Taras and other soldiers expected to do at the bridge?
(a) Check all refugees for weapons.
(b) Check all refugees for identification.
(c) Check all refugees for food.
(d) Check all refugees for infection.
3. According to Bohdan Taras, what city is set on fire?
(d) St. Petersburg.
4. Why is Philip Adler unable to keep his promise to himself about Lang?
(a) Lang was sent to a psychiatric facility.
(b) Lang killed himself.
(c) Lang was court-marshalled by other soldiers.
(d) Lang quit his job.
5. What has Todd Wainio attempted to do by the end of the novel?
(a) Build a house.
(b) Return to a normal life.
(c) Tell others of his experiences.
(d) Start dating.
6. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about Tomonaga Ijiro's generation?
(a) They were determined to be remembered.
(b) They were happy to let others rule.
(c) They were focused on culture and fine arts.
(d) They were happy to rule the world.
7. According to Sardar Khanin, why would a thermonuclear weapon be a bad idea to use in the pass?
(a) It would kill all the refugees in the pass.
(b) It would poison the water in the pass.
(c) It would create a sloping ramp right up the pass.
(d) It would have no affect against the infected people.
8. What is T. Sean Collins now addicted to?
(c) Gathering military intelligence.
(d) Killing zombies.
9. What does Jesika Hendricks have a hard time dealing with after the war?
(a) That people no longer care about the environment.
(b) That her parents had cryptic conversations about her.
(c) That her parents died while others lived.
(d) That many of the dead are not remembered.
10. How does Philip Adler feel about Lang after he is unable to keep the promise to himself?
(a) He has forgiven Lang.
(b) He feels sorry for Lang.
(c) He hates Lang even more.
(d) He has no feelings for Lang one way or the other.
11. What is Arthur Sinclair's new job?
(a) To conduct war crime investigations.
(b) To bring to justice those who are trying to take advantage of the dead.
(c) To write the history of World War Z.
(d) To defend the rights of the zombies.
12. Where is Joe Muhammad located in Chapter 8?
(a) Taos, New Mexico.
(b) Jacksonville, Florida.
(c) Wenatchee, Washington.
(d) Manitoba, Canada.
13. According to Choi, the men working the jobs for the Deep Submergence Combat Corp are better than what?
14. According to Philip Adler in Chapter 8, what did his country lose?
(a) More than just people.
(c) More than just land.
15. What about Tomonaga Ijiro does Kondo Tatsumi disagree with?
(a) His plan for the future of Japan.
(b) His dedication to political leadership.
(c) His spirituality.
(d) His political beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about his own generation?
2. Where is Kwang Jingshu located at the end of the novel?
3. Where is T. Sean Collins located in Chapter 8?
4. Why are sunken vessels cleared from harbors, according to Michael Choi?
5. What does Jurgen Warmbrunn say would be true if there were no survivors of the Holocaust?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)