|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second choice given to U.S. military forces after the war, according to "The Whacko?"
(a) Psychiatric counseling.
(b) Help in other countries.
(c) Go home.
(d) Take six week leave.
2. According to Sardar Khanin, why would a thermonuclear weapon be a bad idea to use in the pass?
(a) It would have no affect against the infected people.
(b) It would poison the water in the pass.
(c) It would create a sloping ramp right up the pass.
(d) It would kill all the refugees in the pass.
3. Who watches Tomonaga Ijiro accept an award in Kyoto, Japan?
(a) Ijiro's sister.
(b) General Raj-Singh.
(c) Kondo Tatsumi.
(d) Mrs. Miller.
4. What did Todd Wainio do at the moment of his most vivid memory?
(a) Wrote a letter to his future self.
(b) Had a glass of champagne.
(c) Watched the sunrise in silence.
(d) Put all his effort into helping others around him.
5. Why is Bohdan Taras overseeing the Patrona Bridge?
(a) The town is being evacuated.
(b) It is a checkpoint for the military.
(c) There is a medical facility nearby that needs to be protected.
(d) It is being protecting from infected people.
6. What is Todd Wainio's relationship status at the end of the novel?
7. Where is Joe Muhammad located in Chapter 8?
(a) Taos, New Mexico.
(b) Wenatchee, Washington.
(c) Jacksonville, Florida.
(d) Manitoba, Canada.
8. How many groups were there in the final battle for the U.S.?
9. What animals were too inconsistent in smelling out zombies during the war?
(a) Persian cats.
(b) Mixed breed dogs.
(c) Purebred dogs.
(d) Calico cats.
10. How did the delegates decide what action to take at The Honolulu Conference?
(a) They discussed options until a unanimous decision was made.
(b) They voted.
(c) They compromised.
(d) No decision was made at the conference.
11. What is a "hibakusha?"
(a) A zombie.
(b) One who was blinded in the bomb on Hiroshima.
(c) An outsider.
(d) One who is immune to the illness.
12. What animal was used to lead the zombies to the army firing line in Hope, New Mexico?
13. What has Todd Wainio attempted to do by the end of the novel?
(a) Start dating.
(b) Return to a normal life.
(c) Build a house.
(d) Tell others of his experiences.
14. According to Philip Adler in Chapter 8, when did his country lose something important?
(a) When they abandoned civilians.
(b) When they burned the fields to try and stop the zombies.
(c) When they accepted help from Russia.
(d) When they followed the Redeker Plan.
15. According to Maria Zhuganova, what are women of her country being told to do?
(a) Stop having children.
(b) Leave the work force to care for feral children.
(c) Have as many children as possible.
(d) Cut their hair in memory of the lives lost in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the only individual who believed what Maria Zhuganova's nation claimed about religion?
2. How does Philip Adler feel about Lang after he is unable to keep the promise to himself?
3. What is the final battle for the U.S. called?
4. Why does Jesika Hendricks return to the wilderness park in Canada every year?
5. What was the biggest threat in taking back the U.S., according to Todd Wainio?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)