|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "hibakusha?"
(a) A zombie.
(b) One who was blinded in the bomb on Hiroshima.
(c) An outsider.
(d) One who is immune to the illness.
2. What is different about children born after the war?
(a) They have no fear of zombies.
(b) They are immune to the illness.
(c) They are taught how to avoid zombies in school.
(d) Their nursery rhymes are about zombies.
3. Though he hopes it is not the case, what does Joe Muhammad think might happen when the zombies are long dead?
(a) That people will criticize the war as unjust.
(b) That humankind will return to anger and hatred.
(c) That a new outbreak will occur.
(d) That no one will remember the truth.
4. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about Tomonaga Ijiro's generation?
(a) They were happy to rule the world.
(b) They were determined to be remembered.
(c) They were happy to let others rule.
(d) They were focused on culture and fine arts.
5. Why did some of Terry Knox's crewmates die after being rescued?
(a) They killed each other after developing mental illnesses.
(b) They died from exposure to constant radiation.
(c) They became infected with the illness.
(d) They committed suicide.
6. What is the first choice given to U.S. military forces after the war, according to "The Whacko?"
(a) Go home.
(b) Take six week leave.
(c) Help in other countries.
(d) Psychiatric counseling.
7. According to Sardar Khanin, who destroys the pass?
(a) General Raj-Singh.
(b) Sardar Khanin.
(c) Sergeant Mukherjee.
(d) Paul Redeker.
8. According to Sardar Khanin, why would a thermonuclear weapon be a bad idea to use in the pass?
(a) It would poison the water in the pass.
(b) It would kill all the refugees in the pass.
(c) It would have no affect against the infected people.
(d) It would create a sloping ramp right up the pass.
9. Why is Bohdan Taras overseeing the Patrona Bridge?
(a) It is a checkpoint for the military.
(b) It is being protecting from infected people.
(c) The town is being evacuated.
(d) There is a medical facility nearby that needs to be protected.
10. Where does Mrs. Miller place blame for the war?
(a) The public.
(c) The military.
11. Where is T. Sean Collins located in Chapter 8?
(a) Bridgetown, Barbados.
(b) Hope, New Mexico.
(c) London, England.
(d) Moscow, Russia.
12. After regaining consciousness, what does Sardar Khanin imagine a monkey doing?
(a) Telling him the war is almost over.
(b) Shooting him.
(c) Serving sushi.
(d) Urinating on his face.
13. In Chapter 8, Maria Zhuganova is about to have her _____ child.
14. What is NOT a reason General D'Ambrosia gives for the zombies being a perfect army?
(a) They need no food.
(b) They need no armor.
(c) They need no leadership.
(d) They are 100% committed to war.
15. What dreams does Todd Wainio still have?
(a) His journey through the war.
(b) Being abandoned.
(c) Losing friends.
(d) Being killed by zombies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kwang Jingshu located at the end of the novel?
2. What happened in North Korea during the war?
3. According to Maria Zhuganova, what are women of her country being told to do?
4. How did Todd Wainio lose his squad leader?
5. How did the delegates decide what action to take at The Honolulu Conference?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)