|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kondo Tatsumi hope to find?
(a) A middle road.
(b) A way to recover his old personality.
(c) A home and family.
(d) Spiritual enlightenment.
2. What was the purpose of Radio Free Earth?
(a) To show the people that society was beginning to rebuild itself.
(b) To provide weather reports despite a lack of news communication.
(c) To serve as a weapon against lies and misinformation.
(d) To give civilians inside military information.
3. What is Todd Wainio's relationship status at the end of the novel?
4. How long did the process of the final battle for the U.S. take?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three hours.
5. Why were castles vital during World War Z?
(a) They have excellent satellite reception.
(b) They have access to underground tunnels.
(c) They are made of a type of rock that is poison to the infected.
(d) They have excellent defenses.
6. What animals were too inconsistent in smelling out zombies during the war?
(a) Mixed breed dogs.
(b) Purebred dogs.
(c) Calico cats.
(d) Persian cats.
7. Though he hopes it is not the case, what does Joe Muhammad think might happen when the zombies are long dead?
(a) That a new outbreak will occur.
(b) That no one will remember the truth.
(c) That humankind will return to anger and hatred.
(d) That people will criticize the war as unjust.
8. What is the name of the German version of the Redeker Plan?
(a) Prochnow Plan.
(b) Katterbach Plan.
(c) Hamburg Plan.
(d) Nuremberg Plan.
9. What is the second choice given to U.S. military forces after the war, according to "The Whacko?"
(a) Take six week leave.
(b) Psychiatric counseling.
(c) Help in other countries.
(d) Go home.
10. What animal was used to lead the zombies to the army firing line in Hope, New Mexico?
11. What does Jesika Hendricks have a hard time dealing with after the war?
(a) That her parents died while others lived.
(b) That people no longer care about the environment.
(c) That her parents had cryptic conversations about her.
(d) That many of the dead are not remembered.
12. What does Kwang Jingshu say he is happy to see?
13. Where is Jesika Hendricks located in Chapter 8?
(a) Ontario, Canada.
(b) Manitoba, Canada.
(c) Nome, Alaska.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
14. How long after his interview with the narrator did Terry Knox die?
(a) He didn't.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
15. What does Kwang Jingshu believe about life after the war?
(a) That no one will remember how the zombies came to be.
(b) That individual countries will no longer exist.
(c) That everything will be all right.
(d) That the zombies will never be gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about his own generation?
2. What is the final battle for the U.S. called?
3. Maria Zhuganova tells the narrator he is being used to tell Russia's story. Why?
4. What were "fragdogs?"
5. What is T. Sean Collins now unable to do?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)