|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sardar Khanin, who destroys the pass?
(a) Sardar Khanin.
(b) Paul Redeker.
(c) Sergeant Mukherjee.
(d) General Raj-Singh.
2. Why is Philip Adler unable to keep his promise to himself about Lang?
(a) Lang quit his job.
(b) Lang was sent to a psychiatric facility.
(c) Lang killed himself.
(d) Lang was court-marshalled by other soldiers.
3. What is one of Arthur Sinclair's primary tasks?
(a) To give society a name for the cause of the outbreak and war.
(b) To lobby for a law that gives zombies equal rights in the court system.
(c) To bring Breckinridge Scott to justice.
(d) To tell the story of the U.S.
4. Jurgen Warmbrunn remembers a pond from youth. Why is this pond still gray?
(a) From the animals who made nests nearby.
(b) From the ashes of the zombies.
(c) From the pollution of his hometown.
(d) From the ashes of those killed by the Nazis.
5. How did other countries respond to the request to go on the offensive at The Honolulu Conference?
(a) They argued against it.
(b) They supported it.
(c) They ignored it.
(d) They thought it was a joke.
6. What is an "otaku?"
(a) One who was blinded in the bomb on Hiroshima.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A zombie.
(d) One who is immune to the illness.
7. What is the name of the German version of the Redeker Plan?
(a) Hamburg Plan.
(b) Katterbach Plan.
(c) Prochnow Plan.
(d) Nuremberg Plan.
8. According to Jurgen Warmbrunn, why were there no survivors of the Holocaust?
(a) Because many families lost children.
(b) Because those who survived died inside.
(c) Because too much time has passed.
(d) Because the survivors are not remembered.
9. According to Bohdan Taras, what city is set on fire?
(b) St. Petersburg.
10. Where is T. Sean Collins located in Chapter 8?
(a) London, England.
(b) Moscow, Russia.
(c) Bridgetown, Barbados.
(d) Hope, New Mexico.
11. What is Todd Wainio's relationship status at the end of the novel?
12. What about Tomonaga Ijiro does Kondo Tatsumi disagree with?
(a) His spirituality.
(b) His dedication to political leadership.
(c) His plan for the future of Japan.
(d) His political beliefs.
13. What is Z-shock?
(a) The recoil from weapons used to kill zombies.
(b) The act of the body going into shock when bit by a zombie.
(c) The mind's reaction the first time someone sees a zombie attacking.
(d) The mental strain of fighting zombies.
14. What are Bohdan Taras and other soldiers expected to do at the bridge?
(a) Check all refugees for weapons.
(b) Check all refugees for infection.
(c) Check all refugees for identification.
(d) Check all refugees for food.
15. What became shields for the soul during the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about Tomonaga Ijiro's generation?
2. Who orders Sergeant Mukherjee to destroy the pass?
3. Maria Zhuganova tells the narrator he is being used to tell Russia's story. Why?
4. How are zombies distracted away from incoming ships?
5. What does Maria Zhuganova claim her country now has?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)