|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are zombies distracted away from incoming ships?
(a) By the use of whales.
(b) By the use of submarines.
(c) By the use of sharks.
(d) By the use of sonar.
2. In what state is Mrs. Miller in Chapter 8?
3. What nation is Maria Zhuganova part of?
(a) She is no longer affiliated with any country.
(b) The Holy Russian Empire.
(c) The Consolidated States of North America.
(d) The West Indies Federation.
4. What animals were too inconsistent in smelling out zombies during the war?
(a) Calico cats.
(b) Mixed breed dogs.
(c) Persian cats.
(d) Purebred dogs.
5. What is an "otaku?"
(a) One who was blinded in the bomb on Hiroshima.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A zombie.
(d) One who is immune to the illness.
6. What is different about children born after the war?
(a) They are immune to the illness.
(b) They are taught how to avoid zombies in school.
(c) They have no fear of zombies.
(d) Their nursery rhymes are about zombies.
7. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about his own generation?
(a) They were determined to be remembered.
(b) They were happy to let others rule.
(c) They were happy to rule the world.
(d) They were focused on culture and fine arts.
8. What does Kwang Jingshu believe about China?
(a) That she will rebuild her power.
(b) That she will join forces with the U.S.
(c) That she will become the center of the new world's culture.
(d) That she will never be as powerful as she once was.
9. Where is Jesika Hendricks located in Chapter 8?
(a) Ontario, Canada.
(b) Detroit, Michigan.
(c) Manitoba, Canada.
(d) Nome, Alaska.
10. What is Allen Forbes's job?
(b) Writer and storyteller.
(c) Doctor and professor.
(d) Military advisor.
11. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about both his own and Tomonaga Ijiro's generations?
(a) Neither will be forgotten.
(b) Both led to success.
(c) Neither will be remembered.
(d) Both led to destruction.
12. How does Mrs. Miller believe her generation caused the war?
(a) Through ignorance and deceit.
(b) By feeding into panic.
(c) By not listening to each other.
(d) By letting the military take control.
13. According to Choi, the men working the jobs for the Deep Submergence Combat Corp are better than what?
14. According to Sardar Khanin, who destroys the pass?
(a) Sergeant Mukherjee.
(b) General Raj-Singh.
(c) Sardar Khanin.
(d) Paul Redeker.
15. Who watches Tomonaga Ijiro accept an award in Kyoto, Japan?
(a) Kondo Tatsumi.
(b) Ijiro's sister.
(c) Mrs. Miller.
(d) General Raj-Singh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did other countries respond to the request to go on the offensive at The Honolulu Conference?
2. What does Mrs. Miller hope the lasting legacy to her children will be?
3. Who, according to Chapter 8, is the only individual to believe what Maria Zhuganova's nation claims about religion?
4. What was the purpose of Radio Free Earth?
5. What does Kondo Tatsumi see in Tomonaga Ijiro's path?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)