|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "The Whacko" tell a tree during his interview with the narrator?
(a) That a squirrel is living in it.
(b) That it has beautiful leaves.
(c) That it doesn't need to grow so quickly.
(d) That it's doing a good job.
2. What is the first choice given to U.S. military forces after the war, according to "The Whacko?"
(a) Psychiatric counseling.
(b) Help in other countries.
(c) Go home.
(d) Take six week leave.
3. According to Todd Wainio, what benefit did the military's light BUD uniforms have in the war?
(a) They were cooler than traditional armor.
(b) They contained hidden pockets for extra ammunition.
(c) They created a sense of pride among the military.
(d) They protected against a bite.
4. Where is Jesika Hendricks located in Chapter 8?
(a) Nome, Alaska.
(b) Manitoba, Canada.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Ontario, Canada.
5. What is Todd Wainio's relationship status at the end of the novel?
6. Why is Philip Adler unable to keep his promise to himself about Lang?
(a) Lang was sent to a psychiatric facility.
(b) Lang killed himself.
(c) Lang quit his job.
(d) Lang was court-marshalled by other soldiers.
7. What does Kondo Tatsumi hope to find?
(a) A middle road.
(b) A home and family.
(c) A way to recover his old personality.
(d) Spiritual enlightenment.
8. According to Sardar Khanin, who destroys the pass?
(a) General Raj-Singh.
(b) Sardar Khanin.
(c) Paul Redeker.
(d) Sergeant Mukherjee.
9. What animal was used to lead the zombies to the army firing line in Hope, New Mexico?
10. What benefit does Joe Muhammad see in the war?
(a) That it allowed people to fight for what they believed in.
(b) That it got rid of the zombies.
(c) That it brought the nations together.
(d) That it gave people a new perspective on what is important in life.
11. What is Todd Wainio's most vivid memory?
(a) The first morning he woke up after the zombies were gone.
(b) The first time he saw a zombie.
(c) The victory at Hero City.
(d) The first time he killed a zombie.
12. At what castle was Allen Forbes during the war?
13. What does ADS stand for?
(a) Automated Driving System.
(b) Atmospheric Diving Suit.
(c) Allowed Diversion Station
(d) Aquatic Detonation System.
14. Why does Jesika Hendricks return to the wilderness park in Canada every year?
(a) To clean the area of refugee debris and human remains.
(b) To lobby for equal rights for refugees.
(c) To celebrate the victory of the Battle of Sand Lakes.
(d) To remember her parents, who are dead.
15. Where is Arthur Sinclair in Chapter 8?
(a) Taos, New Mexico.
(b) Hope, New Mexico.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Wenatchee, Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Miller envy Russia?
2. How long did the process of the final battle for the U.S. take?
3. Where is Kwang Jingshu located at the end of the novel?
4. Why does food become scarce at the refugee camp where Jesika Hendricks and her family stay?
5. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about both his own and Tomonaga Ijiro's generations?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)