|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria Zhuganova claim her country now has?
(b) Traditional values.
(d) A renewed sense of self.
2. In what state is Mrs. Miller in Chapter 8?
3. Where does Mrs. Miller place blame for the war?
(b) The public.
(c) The military.
4. What is Z-shock?
(a) The act of the body going into shock when bit by a zombie.
(b) The mental strain of fighting zombies.
(c) The mind's reaction the first time someone sees a zombie attacking.
(d) The recoil from weapons used to kill zombies.
5. Why did Cuba thrive during the war?
(a) They became a democracy.
(b) They acquired Puerto Rico as part of their country.
(c) They were always prepared for war.
(d) They were immune to the illness.
6. What is an "otaku?"
(a) An outsider.
(b) One who was blinded in the bomb on Hiroshima.
(c) A zombie.
(d) One who is immune to the illness.
7. How does Philip Adler feel about Lang after he is unable to keep the promise to himself?
(a) He has no feelings for Lang one way or the other.
(b) He has forgiven Lang.
(c) He hates Lang even more.
(d) He feels sorry for Lang.
8. What does Mrs. Miller hope the lasting legacy to her children will be?
(a) That there will be trees and parks again.
(b) That her generation cleaned up its own mess.
(c) That the zombies were conquered before her children were old enough to fight them.
(d) That the world is united as one.
9. What is Arthur Sinclair's new job?
(a) To conduct war crime investigations.
(b) To defend the rights of the zombies.
(c) To bring to justice those who are trying to take advantage of the dead.
(d) To write the history of World War Z.
10. According to Choi, the men working the jobs for the Deep Submergence Combat Corp are better than what?
11. According to Sardar Khanin, why would a thermonuclear weapon be a bad idea to use in the pass?
(a) It would kill all the refugees in the pass.
(b) It would have no affect against the infected people.
(c) It would poison the water in the pass.
(d) It would create a sloping ramp right up the pass.
12. What is the first choice given to U.S. military forces after the war, according to "The Whacko?"
(a) Help in other countries.
(b) Psychiatric counseling.
(c) Take six week leave.
(d) Go home.
13. What has Todd Wainio attempted to do by the end of the novel?
(a) Start dating.
(b) Tell others of his experiences.
(c) Return to a normal life.
(d) Build a house.
14. Why does food become scarce at the refugee camp where Jesika Hendricks and her family stay?
(a) Animals in the park steal the food.
(b) Too many refugees come to the camp.
(c) The refugees are there too long for the supplies they have.
(d) Food becomes spoiled from lack of refrigeration.
15. How many groups were there in the final battle for the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Miller envy Russia?
2. Why is Philip Adler unable to keep his promise to himself about Lang?
3. What does Todd Wainio admit at the end of the novel?
4. According to Michael Choi, what no longer exist on Earth?
5. What does "The Whacko" tell a tree during his interview with the narrator?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)