|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Maria Zhuganova is about to have her _____ child.
2. What is the Deep Submergence Combat Corp?
(a) A team that protects civilians by taking them onto submarines.
(b) A team that handles zombies underwater.
(c) A team that stores supplies for the military underwater.
(d) A team that protects marine life.
3. How did other countries respond to the request to go on the offensive at The Honolulu Conference?
(a) They supported it.
(b) They ignored it.
(c) They thought it was a joke.
(d) They argued against it.
4. What is the final battle for the U.S. called?
(a) The Z-Battle.
(b) The Final Stand.
(c) The Road to New York.
(d) The Battle of the Eagle.
5. What does Jesika Hendricks have a hard time dealing with after the war?
(a) That people no longer care about the environment.
(b) That her parents died while others lived.
(c) That her parents had cryptic conversations about her.
(d) That many of the dead are not remembered.
6. Why did Cuba thrive during the war?
(a) They were immune to the illness.
(b) They were always prepared for war.
(c) They became a democracy.
(d) They acquired Puerto Rico as part of their country.
7. What does ADS stand for?
(a) Aquatic Detonation System.
(b) Allowed Diversion Station
(c) Atmospheric Diving Suit.
(d) Automated Driving System.
8. How does Mrs. Miller believe her generation caused the war?
(a) By letting the military take control.
(b) By not listening to each other.
(c) Through ignorance and deceit.
(d) By feeding into panic.
9. What is Arthur Sinclair's new job?
(a) To conduct war crime investigations.
(b) To defend the rights of the zombies.
(c) To write the history of World War Z.
(d) To bring to justice those who are trying to take advantage of the dead.
10. Why do Jesika Hendricks and her family go north?
(a) They thought it would be the safest place to go.
(b) They were advised to by the US military.
(c) News reports indicated that the infected would not go to cold areas.
(d) They were trying to meet up with family members.
11. What about Tomonaga Ijiro does Kondo Tatsumi disagree with?
(a) His political beliefs.
(b) His spirituality.
(c) His dedication to political leadership.
(d) His plan for the future of Japan.
12. What did the U.S. president remind the delegates of during The Honolulu Conference?
(a) That researchers were close to developing a cure for the illness.
(b) That the zombies took the human soul of the people of Earth.
(c) That arguing about how to take action is what caused the outbreak in the first place.
(d) That there had already been too much war in the history of the world.
13. What was the purpose of Radio Free Earth?
(a) To show the people that society was beginning to rebuild itself.
(b) To give civilians inside military information.
(c) To provide weather reports despite a lack of news communication.
(d) To serve as a weapon against lies and misinformation.
14. Why does Mrs. Miller envy Russia?
(a) Because Russia claims no responsibility.
(b) Because Russia has set the stage for the future of the world.
(c) Because Russia has already found its place after the war.
(d) Because Russia has found religion again.
15. Why does food become scarce at the refugee camp where Jesika Hendricks and her family stay?
(a) Too many refugees come to the camp.
(b) The refugees are there too long for the supplies they have.
(c) Animals in the park steal the food.
(d) Food becomes spoiled from lack of refrigeration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Todd Wainio do at the moment of his most vivid memory?
2. Where is Kwang Jingshu located at the end of the novel?
3. Where does Mrs. Miller place blame for the war?
4. Why does Jesika Hendricks return to the wilderness park in Canada every year?
5. What became shields for the soul during the war?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)