|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Philip Adler in Chapter 8, when did his country lose something important?
(a) When they abandoned civilians.
(b) When they burned the fields to try and stop the zombies.
(c) When they accepted help from Russia.
(d) When they followed the Redeker Plan.
2. Where is Kwang Jingshu located at the end of the novel?
(a) Tokyo, Japan.
(b) Denver, Colorado.
(c) Honolulu, Hawaii.
(d) Chongqing, China.
3. What does Tomongo Ijiro realize his purpose is?
(a) To help people find a spiritual path.
(b) To find a cure for the illness.
(c) To help rebuild Japan.
(d) To find an alternative fuel source.
4. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about both his own and Tomonaga Ijiro's generations?
(a) Both led to destruction.
(b) Both led to success.
(c) Neither will be forgotten.
(d) Neither will be remembered.
5. What is the first choice given to U.S. military forces after the war, according to "The Whacko?"
(a) Go home.
(b) Psychiatric counseling.
(c) Take six week leave.
(d) Help in other countries.
6. What does Jesika Hendricks have a hard time dealing with after the war?
(a) That her parents died while others lived.
(b) That many of the dead are not remembered.
(c) That her parents had cryptic conversations about her.
(d) That people no longer care about the environment.
7. What does Kwang Jingshu say he is happy to see?
8. According to Todd Wainio, what benefit did the military's light BUD uniforms have in the war?
(a) They contained hidden pockets for extra ammunition.
(b) They protected against a bite.
(c) They created a sense of pride among the military.
(d) They were cooler than traditional armor.
9. What about Tomonaga Ijiro does Kondo Tatsumi disagree with?
(a) His plan for the future of Japan.
(b) His spirituality.
(c) His political beliefs.
(d) His dedication to political leadership.
10. Though he hopes it is not the case, what does Joe Muhammad think might happen when the zombies are long dead?
(a) That no one will remember the truth.
(b) That a new outbreak will occur.
(c) That humankind will return to anger and hatred.
(d) That people will criticize the war as unjust.
11. What is NOT a reason General D'Ambrosia gives for the zombies being a perfect army?
(a) They need no food.
(b) They are 100% committed to war.
(c) They need no leadership.
(d) They need no armor.
12. What country wanted to go on the offensive during The Honolulu Conference?
(b) The U.S.
13. How are zombies distracted away from incoming ships?
(a) By the use of sonar.
(b) By the use of sharks.
(c) By the use of submarines.
(d) By the use of whales.
14. What does Mrs. Miller hope the lasting legacy to her children will be?
(a) That the world is united as one.
(b) That her generation cleaned up its own mess.
(c) That the zombies were conquered before her children were old enough to fight them.
(d) That there will be trees and parks again.
15. According to Philip Adler in Chapter 8, what did his country lose?
(a) More than just people.
(b) More than just land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jurgen Warmbrunn say would be true if there were no survivors of the Holocaust?
2. According to Sardar Khanin, who destroys the pass?
3. What does Kondo Tatsumi see in Tomonaga Ijiro's path?
4. What happens to Ijiro's Shield Society?
5. What is the final battle for the U.S. called?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)