|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would cause T. Sean Collins to kill himself?
(a) Being unable to maintain friendships.
(b) Losing another job.
(c) Getting another divorce.
(d) Being unable to function without zombies.
2. What benefit does Joe Muhammad see in the war?
(a) That it allowed people to fight for what they believed in.
(b) That it brought the nations together.
(c) That it got rid of the zombies.
(d) That it gave people a new perspective on what is important in life.
3. What does Sardar Khanin see crawling all over people on a Himalayan road?
(c) Infected people.
4. Who, according to Chapter 8, is the only individual to believe what Maria Zhuganova's nation claims about religion?
(a) The Roman Catholic Pope.
(b) Clergyman Ryzhkov.
(c) Maria Zhuganova.
(d) The Archbishop of Moscow.
5. Where is Jesika Hendricks located in Chapter 8?
(a) Manitoba, Canada.
(b) Detroit, Michigan.
(c) Nome, Alaska.
(d) Ontario, Canada.
6. What does Todd Wainio admit at the end of the novel?
(a) He misses the days before the war.
(b) He sometimes loses his ability to cope.
(c) He can't remember how the war began.
(d) He believes one country created the illness, but it got out of hand.
7. Why is Bohdan Taras overseeing the Patrona Bridge?
(a) The town is being evacuated.
(b) It is being protecting from infected people.
(c) There is a medical facility nearby that needs to be protected.
(d) It is a checkpoint for the military.
8. Where is Jurgen Warmbrunn located in Chapter 8?
(a) Jerusalem, Israel.
(b) Tel Aviv, Israel.
(c) Warsaw, Poland.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
9. What is different about children born after the war?
(a) They have no fear of zombies.
(b) Their nursery rhymes are about zombies.
(c) They are taught how to avoid zombies in school.
(d) They are immune to the illness.
10. Why does food become scarce at the refugee camp where Jesika Hendricks and her family stay?
(a) Too many refugees come to the camp.
(b) Animals in the park steal the food.
(c) The refugees are there too long for the supplies they have.
(d) Food becomes spoiled from lack of refrigeration.
11. According to Michael Choi, what no longer exist on Earth?
12. What is the second choice given to U.S. military forces after the war, according to "The Whacko?"
(a) Help in other countries.
(b) Go home.
(c) Psychiatric counseling.
(d) Take six week leave.
13. In Chapter 8, Maria Zhuganova is about to have her _____ child.
14. What was the biggest threat in taking back the U.S., according to Todd Wainio?
(a) The human psyche.
(b) The quislings.
(c) The hidden zombies.
(d) The feral children.
15. According to Todd Wainio, what benefit did the military's light BUD uniforms have in the war?
(a) They created a sense of pride among the military.
(b) They contained hidden pockets for extra ammunition.
(c) They were cooler than traditional armor.
(d) They protected against a bite.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Father Sergei Ryzhkov prevent infected soldiers from committing the sin of suicide?
2. What does Tomongo Ijiro realize his purpose is?
3. Why do Jesika Hendricks and her family go north?
4. What is an "otaku?"
5. What is Todd Wainio's relationship status at the end of the novel?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)