|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of Radio Free Earth?
(a) To show the people that society was beginning to rebuild itself.
(b) To serve as a weapon against lies and misinformation.
(c) To give civilians inside military information.
(d) To provide weather reports despite a lack of news communication.
2. What does Kwang Jingshu believe about China?
(a) That she will never be as powerful as she once was.
(b) That she will join forces with the U.S.
(c) That she will rebuild her power.
(d) That she will become the center of the new world's culture.
3. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about both his own and Tomonaga Ijiro's generations?
(a) Neither will be remembered.
(b) Both led to success.
(c) Neither will be forgotten.
(d) Both led to destruction.
4. In Chapter 8, Maria Zhuganova is about to have her _____ child.
5. How did Todd Wainio lose his squad leader?
(a) Mental illness.
(d) Friendly fire.
6. Why do Jesika Hendricks and her family go north?
(a) They were trying to meet up with family members.
(b) News reports indicated that the infected would not go to cold areas.
(c) They thought it would be the safest place to go.
(d) They were advised to by the US military.
7. Jurgen Warmbrunn remembers a pond from youth. Why is this pond still gray?
(a) From the ashes of the zombies.
(b) From the pollution of his hometown.
(c) From the ashes of those killed by the Nazis.
(d) From the animals who made nests nearby.
8. Where is Jesika Hendricks located in Chapter 8?
(a) Detroit, Michigan.
(b) Ontario, Canada.
(c) Manitoba, Canada.
(d) Nome, Alaska.
9. According to Philip Adler in Chapter 8, when did his country lose something important?
(a) When they followed the Redeker Plan.
(b) When they abandoned civilians.
(c) When they accepted help from Russia.
(d) When they burned the fields to try and stop the zombies.
10. What became shields for the soul during the war?
11. Who, according to Chapter 8, is the only individual to believe what Maria Zhuganova's nation claims about religion?
(a) The Roman Catholic Pope.
(b) Clergyman Ryzhkov.
(c) Maria Zhuganova.
(d) The Archbishop of Moscow.
12. What does Todd Wainio admit at the end of the novel?
(a) He misses the days before the war.
(b) He believes one country created the illness, but it got out of hand.
(c) He sometimes loses his ability to cope.
(d) He can't remember how the war began.
13. Why is Bohdan Taras overseeing the Patrona Bridge?
(a) It is a checkpoint for the military.
(b) It is being protecting from infected people.
(c) The town is being evacuated.
(d) There is a medical facility nearby that needs to be protected.
14. What did Todd Wainio do at the moment of his most vivid memory?
(a) Wrote a letter to his future self.
(b) Put all his effort into helping others around him.
(c) Had a glass of champagne.
(d) Watched the sunrise in silence.
15. How does Philip Adler feel about Lang after he is unable to keep the promise to himself?
(a) He feels sorry for Lang.
(b) He hates Lang even more.
(c) He has forgiven Lang.
(d) He has no feelings for Lang one way or the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Todd Wainio attempted to do by the end of the novel?
2. What is an "otaku?"
3. What were "fragdogs?"
4. What is the first choice given to U.S. military forces after the war, according to "The Whacko?"
5. According to Maria Zhuganova, what are women of her country being told to do?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)