|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about his own generation?
(a) They were focused on culture and fine arts.
(b) They were happy to let others rule.
(c) They were determined to be remembered.
(d) They were happy to rule the world.
2. According to Sardar Khanin, who destroys the pass?
(a) Paul Redeker.
(b) General Raj-Singh.
(c) Sergeant Mukherjee.
(d) Sardar Khanin.
3. What does Kwang Jingshu believe about China?
(a) That she will join forces with the U.S.
(b) That she will become the center of the new world's culture.
(c) That she will never be as powerful as she once was.
(d) That she will rebuild her power.
4. How did the delegates decide what action to take at The Honolulu Conference?
(a) No decision was made at the conference.
(b) They compromised.
(c) They voted.
(d) They discussed options until a unanimous decision was made.
5. What is a "hibakusha?"
(a) An outsider.
(b) One who was blinded in the bomb on Hiroshima.
(c) A zombie.
(d) One who is immune to the illness.
6. Why does Jesika Hendricks return to the wilderness park in Canada every year?
(a) To clean the area of refugee debris and human remains.
(b) To celebrate the victory of the Battle of Sand Lakes.
(c) To remember her parents, who are dead.
(d) To lobby for equal rights for refugees.
7. In Chapter 8, Maria Zhuganova is about to have her _____ child.
8. What was the purpose of Radio Free Earth?
(a) To provide weather reports despite a lack of news communication.
(b) To serve as a weapon against lies and misinformation.
(c) To give civilians inside military information.
(d) To show the people that society was beginning to rebuild itself.
9. What animal was used to lead the zombies to the army firing line in Hope, New Mexico?
10. Why does Mrs. Miller envy Russia?
(a) Because Russia has set the stage for the future of the world.
(b) Because Russia has already found its place after the war.
(c) Because Russia claims no responsibility.
(d) Because Russia has found religion again.
11. Though he hopes it is not the case, what does Joe Muhammad think might happen when the zombies are long dead?
(a) That no one will remember the truth.
(b) That people will criticize the war as unjust.
(c) That humankind will return to anger and hatred.
(d) That a new outbreak will occur.
12. According to Sardar Khanin, why would a thermonuclear weapon be a bad idea to use in the pass?
(a) It would have no affect against the infected people.
(b) It would poison the water in the pass.
(c) It would create a sloping ramp right up the pass.
(d) It would kill all the refugees in the pass.
13. What does Kondo Tatsumi say about Tomonaga Ijiro's generation?
(a) They were happy to rule the world.
(b) They were determined to be remembered.
(c) They were focused on culture and fine arts.
(d) They were happy to let others rule.
14. Where is Arthur Sinclair in Chapter 8?
(a) Hope, New Mexico.
(b) Wenatchee, Washington.
(c) Taos, New Mexico.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
15. According to Philip Adler in Chapter 8, when did his country lose something important?
(a) When they followed the Redeker Plan.
(b) When they accepted help from Russia.
(c) When they abandoned civilians.
(d) When they burned the fields to try and stop the zombies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became shields for the soul during the war?
2. Where is Joe Muhammad located in Chapter 8?
3. How did Todd Wainio lose his squad leader?
4. What would cause T. Sean Collins to kill himself?
5. What does Maria Zhuganova claim her country now has?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)