|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria Zhuganova tells the narrator he is being used to tell Russia's story. Why?
(a) So other countries don't forget the work that Russia did in winning the war.
(b) So other countries can follow Russia's religious example.
(c) So other countries can see that Russia is again strong and powerful.
(d) So other countries will know peace.
2. What is T. Sean Collins now addicted to?
(a) Killing zombies.
(d) Gathering military intelligence.
3. What does Mrs. Miller hope the lasting legacy to her children will be?
(a) That her generation cleaned up its own mess.
(b) That the world is united as one.
(c) That the zombies were conquered before her children were old enough to fight them.
(d) That there will be trees and parks again.
4. How does Philip Adler feel about Lang after he is unable to keep the promise to himself?
(a) He has no feelings for Lang one way or the other.
(b) He hates Lang even more.
(c) He has forgiven Lang.
(d) He feels sorry for Lang.
5. What is the Deep Submergence Combat Corp?
(a) A team that stores supplies for the military underwater.
(b) A team that handles zombies underwater.
(c) A team that protects civilians by taking them onto submarines.
(d) A team that protects marine life.
6. According to Bohdan Taras, what is released over a bridge in order to discover who is infected?
(a) Human bait to tempt the infected into revealing themselves.
(b) A chemical weapon.
(c) An electro-magnetic field.
(d) Water, since the infected become afraid of it.
7. What do rumors say a "death squad" priests are?
(a) Priests sent to kill enemies under a guise of saving the infected.
(b) Priests sent to kill infected soldiers under the guise of saving other soldiers.
(c) Priests sent to sacrifice themselves to zombies as human bait.
(d) Priests sent to kill civilians who questioned the Church under the guise of them being infected.
8. At what castle was Allen Forbes during the war?
9. What were "fragdogs?"
(a) Dogs trained to help soldiers hold the line by "herding" them on the battlefield.
(b) Dogs strapped with bombs and sent into battle to detonate.
(c) Dogs used to carry ammunition while in battle.
(d) Dogs used to carry messages between battalions on the battlefield.
10. Why is Philip Adler unable to keep his promise to himself about Lang?
(a) Lang quit his job.
(b) Lang was court-marshalled by other soldiers.
(c) Lang was sent to a psychiatric facility.
(d) Lang killed himself.
11. Where is Kwang Jingshu located at the end of the novel?
(a) Chongqing, China.
(b) Honolulu, Hawaii.
(c) Tokyo, Japan.
(d) Denver, Colorado.
12. What are Bohdan Taras and other soldiers expected to do at the bridge?
(a) Check all refugees for infection.
(b) Check all refugees for weapons.
(c) Check all refugees for identification.
(d) Check all refugees for food.
13. Where is Jurgen Warmbrunn located in Chapter 8?
(a) Jerusalem, Israel.
(b) Warsaw, Poland.
(c) Tel Aviv, Israel.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
14. According to Choi, the men working the jobs for the Deep Submergence Combat Corp are better than what?
15. According to Michael Choi, what no longer exist on Earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to all IR operators by the end of the war?
2. What happened to the only individual who believed what Maria Zhuganova's nation claimed about religion?
3. What does Kondo Tatsumi hope to find?
4. How did the delegates decide what action to take at The Honolulu Conference?
5. What country wanted to go on the offensive during The Honolulu Conference?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)