|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the infected in cold weather?
(a) They freeze.
(b) They reanimate.
(d) They die.
2. Why was Maria Zhuganova's team in Russia not aware of the Panic?
(a) They were on a communications blackout.
(b) They were on an undercover mission.
(c) They didn't believe the outbreak was real.
(d) The military kept it from them so it wouldn't affect their judgement.
3. How did Mary Jo Miller respond to her children developing fears before the outbreak?
(a) By medicating them.
(b) By educating them.
(c) By ignoring them.
(d) By singing to them.
4. How is Dr. Silva killed?
(a) Dr. Silva's body is found in the Amazon with no explanation for death.
(b) Dr. Silva commits suicide when faced with the horrors of the outbreak.
(c) Dr. Silva becomes infected and is shot by Dr. Oliveira.
(d) Dr. Silva is bitten by Herr Muller and eaten by him.
5. What was the name of Breckinridge Scott's vaccine?
6. Where did the narrator interview Xolelwa Azania?
(a) A U.S. Embassy building in Russia.
(b) A prison.
(c) A psychiatric hospital.
(d) A secret bunker in Antarctica.
7. How does Jurgen Warmbrunn learn about the outbreak?
(a) Intercepted Chinese intelligence reports.
(b) Visual images from German spy satellites.
(c) Taiwanese groups trying to decode Russian messages.
(d) An article in a conspiracy theorist e-magazine.
8. What promise does Philip Adler make to himself?
(a) That he will kill Lang.
(b) That he will have Lang court-marshalled.
(c) That he will have Lang fired.
(d) That he will tell the real story about Lang one day.
9. Where was Philip Adler in charge of a military operation during the war?
(a) Hamburg, Germany.
(b) Armagh, Ireland.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) Frankfurt, Germany.
10. Who does Mary Jo Miller free from being pulled out the window by the infected?
(a) A stranger.
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) Her boss.
(d) Her daughter.
11. According to Ahmed Farahnakian, how did Iran retaliate when their recovery plan was spoiled?
(a) They adapted their recovery plan to include the country that initially spoiled it.
(b) They declared war against the country that spoiled their recovery plan.
(c) They bombed a bridge.
(d) They bombed the country that was sending in refugees.
12. Where was Gavin Blaire flying when he saw panicked people on the highway?
13. Why is Paul Redeker a good choice for coming up with solutions to world problems?
(a) He is passionate about everything.
(b) He is the foremost expert in human psychology.
(c) He is dispassionate about everything.
(d) He is not affiliated with any country or government.
14. What was one diagnosis for the outbreak early on?
(a) An extreme form of skin cancer.
(c) Celiac Disease.
15. When the narrator interviews Paul Redeker, what number novel is he writing?
(a) His third.
(b) His fifth.
(c) His second.
(d) His first.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Paul Redeker rewrite a plan for the apartheid government?
2. What is the real identity of Xolelwa Azania?
3. Where does the narrator meet Todd Wainio?
4. What position does Grover Carlson hold when he is interviewed by the narrator?
5. During the Panic, what was T. Sean Collins's job?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)