|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Saladin Kader escape?
(a) A military bunker.
(b) The mountains.
(c) A resettlement camp.
(d) An underground safe zone.
2. According to Todd Wainio, where were the soldiers placed?
(a) On the ground in foxholes.
(b) In an open field.
(c) In skyscrapers.
(d) High and under cover.
3. When the narrator interviews Paul Redeker, what number novel is he writing?
(a) His first.
(b) His second.
(c) His third.
(d) His fifth.
4. What did citizens of South Africa think of Paul Redeker?
(a) They hated him.
(b) They feared him.
(c) He was a joke.
(d) They loved him.
5. How did the CIA handle the Warmbrunn-Knight plan?
(a) They never received it.
(b) They approached the White House with it, but were ignored.
(c) They immediately implemented it.
(d) They ignored it.
6. Who sacrifices himself to allow Mary Jo Miller to escape?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her boss.
(c) Her minister.
(d) Her son.
7. Who shoots Jacob Nyathi as he tries to escape during a panic?
(a) The US Army.
(b) He doesn't know who shot him.
(c) The police.
(d) A mugger.
8. What is the likely explanation given for reanimated bodies with no bite marks?
(a) Blood transfusions.
(b) The wounds healed before the infection showed symptoms.
(c) Illegal organ transplants.
(d) Women who were pregnant when they became infected, passing it to their babies.
9. What is the term given to the twelve-year-old boy believed to be the first human infected?
(a) Patient One.
(b) Ground Zero.
(c) The Epicenter.
(d) Patient Zero.
10. During the Panic, what was T. Sean Collins's job?
(a) He was a pilot.
(b) He was a reporter.
(c) He was a mercenary.
(d) He was a chauffeur.
11. Who carries Sharon to the parking lot from the church?
(a) Ashley's mother.
(b) The minister's wife.
(c) A stranger with big, soft arms.
(d) Her mother.
12. Who directed the implementation of the Redeker Plan?
(b) Paul Redeker.
(c) Xolelwa Azania.
(d) The United Nations.
13. What haunts Gavin Blaire most about seeing the people panicked on the highway?
(a) The sight of the people fleeing in terror.
(b) That they thought the outbreak was under control.
(c) That they had no destination.
(d) The sound of the people's screaming.
14. What happens to the infected when weather turns from cold to warm?
(a) They freeze.
(c) They die.
(d) They reanimate.
15. Why did the U.S. CIA miss the disease in China?
(a) The FBI learned of the disease but didn't share the information with the CIA.
(b) The information they received about the disease was from an unreliable source.
(c) The CIA decided to focus their attention on Russia rather than China.
(d) They believed the events occurring were part of an internal political strife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was T. Sean Collins in Long Island during the Panic?
2. What is the name of the man who also contributes his name to Warmbrunn's plan?
3. Where did the narrator interview Xolelwa Azania?
4. How did Mary Jo Miller respond to her children developing fears before the outbreak?
5. What happens to the infected in cold weather?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)