1. What is the Burgess Shale?
The largest collection of fossils ever discovered.
2. Who was America's "greatest paleontologist and scientific administrator"?
Charles Doolittle Walcott.
3. Who proposes to use the Burgess Shale to illustrate the nature of history?
Stephen Jay Gould.
4. According to Gould, what kind of insight does the Burgess Shale offer into the nature of life and the evolution of life forms?
5. Where is the Burgess Shale?
The Canadian Rockies.
6. What is the Burgess Shale composed of?
7. What kind of lessons does Stephen Jay Gould draw from how the Burgess Shale was first interpreted?
Methodological and philosophical lessons.
This section contains 4,070 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)