|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Reconstruction of the Burgess Shale: Toward a New View of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Walcott do for science by collecting and cataloging tens of thousands of new species?
(a) Betrayed his own principles.
(b) Betrayed science's aims.
(c) Completely revamped scientific studies.
(d) Greatly served the aims and goals of science.
2. When was the famed "death of the dinosaurs?"
(a) 20 million years ago.
(b) 10 million years ago.
(c) 65 million years ago.
(d) 100 thousand million years ago.
3. How many general stages of fauna are between the two faunas both eukaryotic and of the Burgess Shale?
4. What did the "death of the dinosaurs" boundary make possible?
(a) The development of large tortoises and sharks.
(b) The development of large mammals like humans.
(c) The development of rodents.
(d) The development of smaller mammals.
5. What was Whittington's first monograph about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Burgess Shale?
2. What does the evolution of life contain, according to Gould's explanations and illustrations?
3. What does Gould represent the original interpretation as?
4. When does the old story have Walcott miraculously stumble upon the Burgess Shale?
5. What does Gould determine about the difference between eukaryotic fauna and the Burgess fauna?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)