|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Reconstruction of the Burgess Shale: Toward a New View of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Burgess Shale represent that occurred 570 million years ago?
(a) The "Anthropological Explosion."
(b) The "Cambrian Explosion."
(c) The "Precambrian Explosion."
(d) The "Prezoaic Explosion."
2. What did the new methods Whittington and his team adopted help them do?
(a) Organize the fossils.
(b) Transport the fossils.
(c) Study the fossils.
(d) Recast the fossils.
3. What kind of paradigm does Gould believe has not been communicated to the public?
(a) A new research paradigm.
(b) A controversial conservative paradigm.
(c) A leftover historical paradigm.
(d) A provoking platonic paradigm.
4. What kinds of versions does the story of the Burgess Shale's discovery have?
(a) A old, more accurate version and a newer, less accurate version.
(b) An old, less accurate version and a newer, more accurate version.
(c) A newer, less accurate version and an older, more accurate version.
(d) Two of more or less the same version.
5. What was Whittington's first monograph about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Burgess Shale?
2. What comprises the first 4 billion years of Earth's history?
3. What compose eras?
4. Who was America's "greatest paleontologist and scientific administrator"?
5. What kind of development were the Burgess animals first interpreted to have?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)