|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 5, Racial Identity in Adulthood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of Erik Erikson's life-stage virtues which is comprised of the ages from one to three?
2. Beverly Daniel Tatum received an M.A. in religious studies from which institution?
(a) Hartford Seminary.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Boston College.
(d) Columbia University
3. Why did Tatum's son assume a black boy was running down the street in an example given in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3?
(a) He had stolen something.
(b) He had stabbed somebody.
(c) The cops were chasing him.
(d) He was late for work.
4. According to the author in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 4, Identity Development in Adolescence, the process of Nigrescence leads to the formation of an oppositional identity that produces what?
5. Beverly Daniel Tatum earned her PhD in clinical psychology from which university?
(a) The University of Michigan.
(b) Hartford Seminary.
(c) The CUNY Graduate Center.
(d) Boston College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 is commonly known as what?
2. What university did Tatum attend and describe as a black school that had recently gone co-ed in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 5, Racial Identity in Adulthood?
3. What refers to the practice or policy of creating separate facilities within the same society for the use of a minority group?
4. What is the third stage of William E. Cross, Jr.'s theory of Nigrescence?
5. In animals, melanin pigments are derivatives of what amino acid?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)