|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 5, Racial Identity in Adulthood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based?
2. What is the second stage of William E. Cross, Jr.'s theory of Nigrescence?
3. What refers to the transmission of social institutions, skills, and myths from one culture to another?
4. Although Erik Erikson lacked even a bachelor's degree, he served as a professor for prominent institutions?
(a) Boston College and Columbia University.
(b) Harvard and Yale.
(c) University of Michigan and Ohio State.
(d) Oxford and Rhodes.
5. What groups benefit from systems of racism (and other isms), according to the author?
(a) Political groups.
(b) Dominant groups.
(c) Fringe groups.
(d) Radical groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 is commonly known as what?
2. Beverly Daniel Tatum received an M.A. in religious studies from which institution?
3. Oppositional identities interfere with what, according to the author in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 4, Identity Development in Adolescence?
4. Erik Erikson is most famous for having coined what phrase?
5. Tatum writes in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3 that at very young ages, children are often confused by the color language due to their encounters with what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)