|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3, The Early Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of Erik Erikson's life-stage virtues which is comprised of the ages from one to three?
2. Tatum writes in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3 that often black children express self-rejection and internalized __________.
(a) Educational prejudice.
(b) Financial prejudice.
(c) Language prejudice.
(d) Skin prejudice.
3. When did the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution take place?
4. What refers to a person who suffers from a destructive or injurious action or agency?
5. Beverly Daniel Tatum earned her PhD in clinical psychology from which university?
(a) The University of Michigan.
(b) Boston College.
(c) Hartford Seminary.
(d) The CUNY Graduate Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who signed the Civil Rights Act of 1968?
2. What groups benefit from systems of racism (and other isms), according to the author?
3. When was Erik Erikson's book Childhood and Society published?
4. What refers to the state or fact of being different or distinct?
5. In Part I, A Definition of Terms, Chapter 1, Defining Racism, Tatum writes that in one course Tatum taught, a child denied that who could be black because she was "beautiful"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)