|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3, The Early Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What groups benefit from systems of racism (and other isms), according to the author?
(a) Radical groups.
(b) Fringe groups.
(c) Political groups.
(d) Dominant groups.
2. In Part I, A Definition of Terms, Chapter 2, The Complexity of Identity, Tatum writes that she sometimes runs an experiment in classes with young students to write down as many responses to an "I am ____" question as they can in what period of time?
(a) 10 seconds.
(b) 3 minutes.
(c) 60 seconds.
(d) 45 seconds.
3. Who signed the Civil Rights Act of 1968?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) James K. Polk.
(c) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(d) Chester A. Arthur.
4. Although Erik Erikson lacked even a bachelor's degree, he served as a professor for prominent institutions?
(a) Boston College and Columbia University.
(b) University of Michigan and Ohio State.
(c) Harvard and Yale.
(d) Oxford and Rhodes.
5. In what year did Erik Erikson emigrate with his family to the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 is commonly known as what?
2. Beverly Daniel Tatum received her B.A. in psychology from which institution?
3. When did the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution take place?
4. When was Erik Erikson's book Childhood and Society published?
5. What refers to a person who suffers from a destructive or injurious action or agency?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)