|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3, The Early Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tatum's son who commented when he was young that a white mother and her black child "didn't match" in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3?
2. What refers to the desire to learn or know about anything; inquisitiveness?
3. In statistics and demography, what refers to a group of subjects who have shared a particular time together during a particular time span?
(d) Cohort group.
4. What refers to a fact, occurrence, or circumstance observed or observable?
5. In Part I, A Definition of Terms, Chapter 1, Defining Racism, Tatum argues that while economic productivity may be hurt by racism, the real cost to whites is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Beverly Daniel Tatum is currently the president of what educational institution?
2. What groups benefit from systems of racism (and other isms), according to the author?
3. Tatum writes in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3 that often black children express self-rejection and internalized __________.
4. In Part I, A Definition of Terms, Chapter 1, Defining Racism, Tatum claims that while people of color can be prejudiced against whites, they are not racist in the technical sense of the term because they do not what?
5. What word means lacking the normal or usual necessities and comforts of life, as proper housing, educational opportunities, job security, adequate medical care, etc.?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)