|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3, The Early Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Erik Erikson born?
2. What is the name of Tatum's son who commented when he was young that a white mother and her black child "didn't match" in Part II, Understanding Blackness in a White Context, Chapter 3?
3. What refers to the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner?
4. In what year did Erik Erikson emigrate with his family to the United States?
5. In animals, melanin pigments are derivatives of what amino acid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of Erik Erikson's life-stage virtues which is comprised of the first year of infancy?
2. What refers to discrimination based on protected class status, variously including race, gender, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation and gender identity, marital status, or veteran status, in the realm of housing and real estate?
3. What refers to an elite group of people whose progress is based on ability and talent rather than on class, privilege, or wealth?
4. Beverly Daniel Tatum received an M.A. in religious studies from which institution?
5. What does Tatum define as a system of advantage based on race which restricts access to power and privilege?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)