|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, A Definition of Terms, Chapter 2, The Complexity of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, A Definition of Terms, Chapter 2, The Complexity of Identity, Tatum writes that she sometimes runs an experiment in classes with young students to write down as many responses to an "I am ____" question as they can in what period of time?
(a) 3 minutes.
(b) 45 seconds.
(c) 60 seconds.
(d) 10 seconds.
2. When did Erik Erikson die?
3. What means having or seeming to have the ability to be everywhere at once; omnipresent?
4. In statistics and demography, what refers to a group of subjects who have shared a particular time together during a particular time span?
(a) Cohort group.
5. What groups benefit from systems of racism (and other isms), according to the author?
(a) Fringe groups.
(b) Radical groups.
(c) Dominant groups.
(d) Political groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who signed the Civil Rights Act of 1968?
2. When was 'Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?': A Psychologist Explains the Development of Racial Identity published?
3. What refers to an elite group of people whose progress is based on ability and talent rather than on class, privilege, or wealth?
4. What word means understood without being openly expressed?
5. Erik Erikson is most famous for having coined what phrase?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)