|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity were the parents of the child mentioned in Chapter 11?
2. Who did Mrs. Paley call in Chapter 14?
3. What was Mrs. Paley concerned about in her classroom by Chapter 12?
4. Who came to class to talk to Rena in Chapter 21?
5. What did the clothing situation add to in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the boy's t shirt caused in Chapter 14.
2. Describe Anna, the leader of the mutiny from the doll corner.
3. What did Mrs. Paley arrange for Claire?
4. How did the other girls treat Sylvia when they played games?
5. Describe Claire Mireau.
6. How did Kenny behave in class compared to out of class?
7. Describe what Joyce claimed to be.
8. Describe the father of the student who had nightmares and what he believed was the cause.
9. What was another result of the t shirt situation?
10. What did the class do together in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Sylvia and Ayana from one of Mrs. Paley's classes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Mrs. Paley concluded about her progress on the research in her classroom. Do you think Mrs. Paley felt satisfied by her work and attempts to dissolve segregation and racism in the youth of the Civil Rights era?
Essay Topic 3
Explain and describe how Mrs. Paley disciplined the disruptive boy in Chapter 5 to rid him from his bad behavior. Detail its success or failure.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)