|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mrs. Paley observe in Chapter 19?
2. What did Mrs. Paley wonder after Sylvia hits another student?
3. Who did Mrs. Paley have a conversation with in Chapter 19?
4. Who came to class to talk to Rena in Chapter 21?
5. What idea did Mrs. Paley quickly dismiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the announcement made by the little girls at the end of class in Chapter 24.
2. What did Claire finally begin to do in Chapter 12?
3. Describe Claire Mireau.
4. Describe what Joyce claimed to be.
5. How did the other girls treat Sylvia when they played games?
6. What did Mrs. Paley arrange for Claire?
7. Describe what the boy's t shirt caused in Chapter 14.
8. Who does Mrs. Paley feel influences children's opinions most?
9. What did the class do together in Chapter 22?
10. What was explained to Rena about races in family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Mrs. Paley's perception of the apparent and natural isolation of the black and white students. How did this segregation support or refute the work and progress Mrs. Paley had made up until that point?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the differences in the Chicago school and the schools Mrs. Paley taught in in the south.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Sylvia and Ayana from one of Mrs. Paley's classes.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)