|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the child in Chapter 12 paint in?
2. What ethnicity were the parents of the child mentioned in Chapter 11?
3. How did the child play the game with the visitor?
4. What did the girls do when Mrs. Paley forced the other girl to be included?
5. What did Mrs. Paley do to Sylvia for hitting another student?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was explained to Rena about races in family?
2. Describe Anna, the leader of the mutiny from the doll corner.
3. Discuss what Claire was a victim of.
4. Discuss what Claire struggled with and why.
5. Who does Mrs. Paley feel influences children's opinions most?
6. How did Kenny behave in class compared to out of class?
7. Describe Ayana.
8. What did Mrs. Paley arrange for Claire?
9. Describe the doll corner in Chapter 17.
10. Describe what Joyce claimed to be.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what Felice's father wanted Mrs. Paley to do and why he believed this would solve his daughter's nightmares. How did Mrs. Paley react to this request made by Felice's father?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Sylvia and Ayana from one of Mrs. Paley's classes.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Mrs. Paley associated intelligence to a person's economic status and what she realized about her assumptions. How is this a form of prejudice in Mrs. Paley?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)