|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the girl announce in Chapter 24?
(a) She hated black kids.
(b) She hated white kids.
(c) Her father had left her family.
(d) She was sick.
2. What was the visitor curious about in Chapter 12?
(a) The game take ball.
(b) The doll corner.
(c) The drawings on the wall.
3. Whose conversation did Mrs. Paley overhear in Chapter 21?
(a) No one's.
(b) A couple of white girls.
(c) A couple of boys.
(d) A couple of black girls.
4. What was Ayana's personality?
(b) Mean to everyone.
(c) The mother hen.
(d) A trouble maker.
5. Who did Mrs. Paley contact after she considered the child had a learning disability?
(a) The principal in her school.
(b) Her mom.
(c) A friend who was an expert in learning disabilities.
(d) Her dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to the classroom in Chapter 15?
2. What was Claire a victim of?
3. How did Kenny act in the classroom?
4. What did Claire come dressed as in Chapter 22?
5. Who did Mrs. Paley have in her class in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the black girls hesitant to discuss in Chapter 21?
2. How did the other girls treat Sylvia when they played games?
3. What was explained to Rena about races in family?
4. Describe what developed at the end of Chapter 13 in Mrs. Paley's classroom.
5. Describe the doll corner in Chapter 17.
6. What did Mrs. Paley arrange for Claire?
7. What did the class do together in Chapter 22?
8. Discuss what Claire was a victim of.
9. Describe Sylvia.
10. What did Claire finally begin to do in Chapter 12?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)