|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley arrange for the child to do after school in Chapter 11?
(a) Stay and help clean.
(b) Stay for extra play time.
(c) Stay for extra math drills.
(d) Stay for extra reading practice.
2. How did Mrs. Paley react to the exclusion in Chapter 17?
3. What was Mrs. Paley concerned about in her classroom by Chapter 12?
(a) How to pair up partners.
(b) The social dynamics.
(c) The friendships.
(d) Her dynamics with the children.
4. How deep are the differences of the races in the later chapters of "White Teacher"?
(a) Skin deep.
(c) To the core deep.
(d) Surface deep.
5. Who did Sylvia later become friends with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mrs. Paley observe in her class in Chapter 17?
2. Who came to the classroom in Chapter 15?
3. What was the girl's personality like in Chapter 19 who Mrs. Paley observed?
4. How did Kenny gain confidence?
5. What did outside behaviors influence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the announcement made by the little girls at the end of class in Chapter 24.
2. How did Kenny behave in class compared to out of class?
3. How did the other girls treat Sylvia when they played games?
4. Describe Claire Mireau.
5. Who does Mrs. Paley feel influences children's opinions most?
6. Describe Sylvia.
7. Describe the doll corner in Chapter 17.
8. How did the class react to Sylvia's absence?
9. Describe Anna, the leader of the mutiny from the doll corner.
10. What was another result of the t shirt situation?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)