|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sylvia's personality?
(b) A mother hen.
(c) A trouble maker.
(d) Mean to everyone.
2. What did Joyce claim to be in Chapter 17?
(a) To be gay.
(b) To be white.
(c) To be mixed.
(d) To be lonely.
3. Who monopolized an area of the classroom in Chapter 17?
(a) A group of five white girls.
(b) A group of four black girls.
(c) A group of five black girls.
(d) A group of three black girls.
4. What idea did Mrs. Paley quickly dismiss?
(a) That she was a racist.
(b) That Claire was racist.
(c) That Claire hated her.
(d) That Claire had a learning disablity.
5. What did the child in Chapter 12 paint in?
(b) Pictures in 1 color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mrs. Paley observe in Chapter 19?
2. What would Ayana often smooth over?
3. What did Mrs. Paley arrange for the child to do after school in Chapter 11?
4. What did the visitor ask the child to do in Chapter 12?
5. Who caused another student nightmares in the class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the boy's t shirt caused in Chapter 14.
2. Describe the announcement made by the little girls at the end of class in Chapter 24.
3. Describe the doll corner in Chapter 17.
4. Describe the father of the student who had nightmares and what he believed was the cause.
5. Who does Mrs. Paley feel influences children's opinions most?
6. What did the class do together in Chapter 22?
7. Describe Sylvia.
8. What were the black girls hesitant to discuss in Chapter 21?
9. What was explained to Rena about races in family?
10. How did the class react to Sylvia's absence?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)