|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did this clothing issue create for Mrs. Paley?
(b) Animosity with the boy's parents.
(c) Animosity with the boy.
(d) A difficult situation.
2. What did Sylvia need to learn?
(a) Self control.
3. What was every picture of that Rena drew?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her best friend who was black.
(d) Black characters.
4. How did Kenny appear to be when Mrs. Paley first met him?
5. Where did the child begin working in Chapter 12?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Art tables.
(c) The doll corner.
(d) At her desk.
6. What did Mrs. Paley observe in her class in Chapter 17?
(a) How everyone got along
(b) The fairness of their games.
(c) The relationships.
(d) The social dynamics.
7. Why was the second girl surprised in Chapter 24?
(a) To know black daddies leave too.
(b) To know he didn't come back.
(c) To know white daddies leave too.
(d) To know he didn't love them.
8. Who monopolized an area of the classroom in Chapter 17?
(a) A group of four black girls.
(b) A group of five white girls.
(c) A group of three black girls.
(d) A group of five black girls.
9. What were the students Mrs. Paley overheard hesitant to do?
(a) Go outside.
(b) Play in the doll corner.
(c) Play at recess.
(d) Comment about the white race.
10. What did the child in Chapter 11 refuse to do?
(b) Play with other children.
(c) Go to the bathroom.
11. Who came to class to talk to Rena in Chapter 21?
(a) A father of a white student.
(b) A mother.
(c) A mother of a white student.
(d) A mother of a black student.
12. What ethnicity were the parents of the child mentioned in Chapter 11?
(c) West Indian.
(d) African American.
13. Who was Rena obsessed with?
(a) White boys.
(b) White people.
(c) Black boys.
(d) Black people.
14. What did the child in Chapter 12 paint in?
(b) Pictures in 1 color.
15. Who did Sylvia play with who would not hesitate to kick her out of their game?
(a) No one.
(b) The boys.
(c) The girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Claire a victim of?
2. What was monopolized that year in Chapter 17?
3. What did the person who came to talk to Rena tell her in Chapter 1?
4. Who did Mrs. Paley have in her class in Chapter 11?
5. Who did Mrs. Paley observe in her class in Chapter 17?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)