|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mrs. Paley have a conversation with in Chapter 19?
(a) No one.
(b) Her own mom.
(c) Felice's mother.
(d) Felice's father.
2. Who came to the classroom in Chapter 15?
(a) A black boy's father.
(b) A black girl's father.
(c) A white girl's mither.
(d) A white girl's father.
3. What was monopolized that year in Chapter 17?
(a) The doll corner.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The drawing easels.
(d) The card station.
4. What were the students Mrs. Paley overheard hesitant to do?
(a) Comment about the white race.
(b) Play in the doll corner.
(c) Go outside.
(d) Play at recess.
5. What did this clothing issue create for Mrs. Paley?
(a) Animosity with the boy.
(b) Animosity with the boy's parents.
(d) A difficult situation.
6. How did Mrs. Paley react to the exclusion in Chapter 17?
7. How did Kenny gain confidence?
(a) Drawing his own picture.
(b) Writing his own poem.
(c) Making his own costume.
(d) Making his own dinner.
8. What was Ayana's personality?
(a) Mean to everyone.
(b) A trouble maker.
(c) The mother hen.
9. Who did Claire have to develop her own imagination with?
(a) Her younger sister.
(b) No one.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her dog.
10. What did the girl announce in Chapter 24?
(a) She hated white kids.
(b) Her father had left her family.
(c) She hated black kids.
(d) She was sick.
11. What was the girl's personality like in Chapter 19 who Mrs. Paley observed?
(b) The follower.
(c) The leader of the mutiny of the doll corner.
(d) The dictator.
12. Who did Mrs. Paley have in her class in Chapter 11?
(a) Claire Mireau.
(c) A brave and loud young boy.
(d) A scared girl.
13. What was Anna always open to?
(b) Being a model.
(c) Scary experiences.
(d) New experiences.
14. What was Sylvia's personality?
(b) A trouble maker.
(c) Mean to everyone.
(d) A mother hen.
15. What did the child in Chapter 11 refuse to do?
(a) Go to the bathroom.
(b) Play with other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person who came to talk to Rena tell her in Chapter 1?
2. What did outside behaviors influence?
3. What did the clothing situation add to in Chapter 14?
4. What did Sylvia need to learn?
5. How did Kenny act in the classroom?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)