|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the child that had difficulties in Chapter 11 by Chapter 12?
(a) Claire began speaking to children.
(b) Claire began to have friends.
(c) Claire began to sing.
(d) Chaire began to read.
2. How did Kenny act in the classroom?
(a) Clumsy and insecure.
3. What was the boy wearing in Mrs. Paley's classroom in Chapter 14?
(a) Bagggy jeans.
(b) An offensive t shirt.
(c) Visible underwear.
(d) A gang shirt.
4. What was the girl's personality like in Chapter 19 who Mrs. Paley observed?
(a) The leader of the mutiny of the doll corner.
(b) The dictator.
(d) The follower.
5. Where did the child begin working in Chapter 12?
(a) At her desk.
(b) Art tables.
(c) The doll corner.
(d) The kitchen.
6. What did the child in Chapter 12 paint in?
(d) Pictures in 1 color.
7. Who did Mrs. Paley observe in Chapter 19?
8. Who did Claire have to develop her own imagination with?
(a) Her dog.
(b) No one.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her younger sister.
9. What did Sylvia need to learn?
(b) Self control.
10. Who came to class to talk to Rena in Chapter 21?
(a) A mother.
(b) A father of a white student.
(c) A mother of a white student.
(d) A mother of a black student.
11. What did Joyce claim to be in Chapter 17?
(a) To be gay.
(b) To be lonely.
(c) To be mixed.
(d) To be white.
12. Who did Mrs. Paley observe in her class in Chapter 17?
(a) The girls in the doll corner.
(b) The girls in the classroom.
(c) The different cliques.
(d) The boys in the classroom.
13. What was Ayana's personality?
(a) The mother hen.
(b) A trouble maker.
(c) Mean to everyone.
14. Who made it easier for Mrs. Paley to say black in the classroom?
(a) Her mom.
(b) The parents.
(c) The principal.
(d) The children.
15. What did Mrs. Paley arrange for the child to do after school in Chapter 11?
(a) Stay for extra reading practice.
(b) Stay and help clean.
(c) Stay for extra math drills.
(d) Stay for extra play time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Rena obsessed with?
2. What happened at the beginning of Chapter 11 for Mrs. Paley?
3. When did Mrs. Paley first see Kenny?
4. What did the visitor ask the child to do in Chapter 12?
5. What did the clothing situation add to in Chapter 14?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)