|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kenny gain confidence?
(a) Writing his own poem.
(b) Making his own costume.
(c) Making his own dinner.
(d) Drawing his own picture.
2. Who did Mrs. Paley observe in her class in Chapter 17?
(a) The boys in the classroom.
(b) The different cliques.
(c) The girls in the classroom.
(d) The girls in the doll corner.
3. What did the girl announce in Chapter 24?
(a) She hated black kids.
(b) She was sick.
(c) She hated white kids.
(d) Her father had left her family.
4. What did this clothing issue create for Mrs. Paley?
(a) Animosity with the boy's parents.
(b) Animosity with the boy.
(c) A difficult situation.
5. What was the visitor curious about in Chapter 12?
(a) The doll corner.
(b) The drawings on the wall.
(d) The game take ball.
6. What did the person who came to talk to Rena tell her in Chapter 1?
(a) To love herself.
(b) To appreciate everyone's beauty.
(c) Love makes a family, not a race.
(d) Race is part of you, not who you are.
7. Where did the child begin working in Chapter 12?
(a) The doll corner.
(b) At her desk.
(c) Art tables.
(d) The kitchen.
8. What idea did Mrs. Paley quickly dismiss?
(a) That Claire was racist.
(b) That Claire had a learning disablity.
(c) That she was a racist.
(d) That Claire hated her.
9. What did the visitor ask the child to do in Chapter 12?
(a) Go to recess.
(b) Sing for him.
(c) Play a game of take ball.
(d) Show him how to draw.
10. Who did Mrs. Paley have a conversation with in Chapter 19?
(a) Felice's mother.
(b) Felice's father.
(c) Her own mom.
(d) No one.
11. What did Mrs. Paley arrange for the child to do after school in Chapter 11?
(a) Stay for extra reading practice.
(b) Stay for extra math drills.
(c) Stay and help clean.
(d) Stay for extra play time.
12. Why was the second girl surprised in Chapter 24?
(a) To know he didn't love them.
(b) To know black daddies leave too.
(c) To know he didn't come back.
(d) To know white daddies leave too.
13. What was Ayana's personality?
(a) Mean to everyone.
(c) A trouble maker.
(d) The mother hen.
14. Who did Claire have to develop her own imagination with?
(a) No one.
(b) Her younger sister.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her mom.
15. Who did Mrs. Paley contact after she considered the child had a learning disability?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her dad.
(c) A friend who was an expert in learning disabilities.
(d) The principal in her school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the child who had difficulties in Chapter 11 agree to do by Chapter 12?
2. Who was Rena obsessed with?
3. Who monopolized an area of the classroom in Chapter 17?
4. What did the class act out together?
5. What did outside behaviors influence?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)