|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mrs. Paley call in Chapter 1?
(a) Alma's father.
(b) No one.
(c) Alma's mother.
(d) Her mom.
2. What did Mrs. Paley urge her student teacher to do?
(a) Teach another age.
(b) Take a job at an all white school.
(c) Take a job at her school.
(d) Go to the Peace Corp.
3. What does ignoring racial differences do in the classroom according to Mrs. Paley?
(a) Alleviates problems.
(b) Makes everyone equal.
(c) Solves problems.
(d) Creates more problems.
4. What did Mrs. Paley notice about black children playing with other black children in the first few chapters?
(a) They thought blacks were inadequate.
(b) They clung to each other.
(c) Refusal to play with a white child.
(d) They saw white's were better.
5. Who made Mrs. Paley dislike her job at one point?
(a) A parent of a white boy.
(b) A young white girl.
(c) A child like Steven.
(d) A child not like Steven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are people's thoughts based on in relationship to blacks according to the first few chapters of "White Teacher"?
2. What did Mrs. Paley desire in her new job?
3. What did Mrs. Paley note she tended to have higher expectations for?
4. How did Mrs. Paley respond to the boy's behavior in Chapter 4?
5. Who did Mrs. Paley have a conversation with at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)