|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did the young boy in Mrs. Paley's class refuse to do?
(a) To go to the bathroom.
(b) To talk to Mrs. Paley.
(c) To take a nap.
(d) To eat lunch.
2. Who did Mrs. Paley get to recognize the changes in the young boy from Chapter 5?
(a) Her boss.
(b) Her collegues.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) His parents.
3. What did Mrs. Paley's action of ignoring racial differences do according to the conversation with the second person in Chapter 3?
(b) Created racism.
(c) Advocated racism.
(d) Robbed her of what made her special.
4. What does ignoring racial differences do in the classroom according to Mrs. Paley?
(a) Makes everyone equal.
(b) Creates more problems.
(c) Solves problems.
(d) Alleviates problems.
5. What did Mrs. Paley believe helped the disruptive young boy?
(b) Discipline techniques.
(c) Being scolded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more black children were placed in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 4, what happened the first time Mrs. Paley tried disciplining the disruptive boy?
3. What are people's thoughts based on in relationship to blacks according to the first few chapters of "White Teacher"?
4. What did Mrs. Paley struggle with at the beginning of "White Teacher"?
5. Where did Mrs. Paley's student teacher insist she was needed at?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)