|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Mrs. Paley's first black student?
(a) Alma Franks.
(b) Alma Matter.
(c) Alma Franklin.
(d) Alma Fredrickson.
2. What happened at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) The school day ended.
(b) A trust grew between Mrs. Paley and Alma.
(c) With recess.
(d) The school day started.
3. Who disrupted the good friends in Chapter 10?
(a) A new loud girl.
(b) A new loud black boy.
(c) A new loud white boy.
(d) A new teacher.
4. What did Mrs. Paley question about her pleasure of the two students' friendship in Chapter 7?
(a) Why she cared about this friendship.
(b) Mary Anne's intelligence.
(c) Arlene's intelligence.
(d) Who was a better student.
5. What did Mrs. Paley desire in her new job?
(a) More money.
(b) A more accurate reflection of the world outside the classroom.
(c) An end to racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mrs. Paley want to teach?
2. What was interesting about the other teacher's assumptions about Fred's problems?
3. What would Barbara ask everyone in the class?
4. Where did Mrs. Paley teach?
5. Whose mothers were both becoming doctors in Chapter 7?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)