|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Barbara ask everyone in the class?
(a) If they could sing.
(b) if they were black.
(c) If they were Jewish.
(d) If they were white.
2. What did Mrs. Paley begin doing in her classroom after being asked a surprising question in the preface?
(a) Wrote in a journal.
(b) Kept notes about her classroom.
(c) Talked to herself.
(d) Took a shower in the morning.
3. What did Mrs. Paley participate in in Chapter 3?
(a) Advocating interracial schooling.
(b) A cake walk.
(c) Civil rights protests.
(d) A walk-a-thon.
4. What did Mrs. Paley question about her pleasure of the two students' friendship in Chapter 7?
(a) Who was a better student.
(b) Mary Anne's intelligence.
(c) Why she cared about this friendship.
(d) Arlene's intelligence.
5. Who did Mrs. Paley first have a conversation with in Chapter 3 about her new job?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her boss.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley realize ethnic speech had little to do with?
2. What did Mrs. Paley recall from her own schooling?
3. How old was Mrs. Paley's student teacher?
4. What did Mrs. Paley struggle with at the beginning of "White Teacher"?
5. Who became good friends in Mrs. Paley's class in Chapter 10?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)