|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mrs. Paley call in Chapter 1?
(a) Alma's mother.
(b) No one.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Alma's father.
2. What was the name of Mrs. Paley's first black student?
(a) Alma Franklin.
(b) Alma Matter.
(c) Alma Fredrickson.
(d) Alma Franks.
3. What happened at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) The school day started.
(b) A trust grew between Mrs. Paley and Alma.
(c) The school day ended.
(d) With recess.
4. What was interesting about the other teacher's assumptions about Fred's problems?
(a) They assumed he was retarded, like every other black student.
(b) They never assumed that about white children with the same problems.
(c) They were being really kind.
(d) They were being really mean.
5. How did Mrs. Paley feel about her place in society by the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Unhappy with her lack of action.
(b) Happy that her race was getting recognition in society.
(c) Happy with her place in society.
(d) Unhappy with her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Mrs. Paley's first teaching jobs located?
2. What does "White Teacher" approach in its content?
3. What did the people Mrs. Paley asked advice for in Chapter 2 advise her to do?
4. What happened to Mrs. Paley when she moved back to Chicago?
5. What was wrong with Fred?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)