|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley desire in her new job?
(a) A more accurate reflection of the world outside the classroom.
(b) More money.
(d) An end to racism.
2. How did Mrs. Paley respond to the boy's behavior in Chapter 4?
(a) Sent him to the office.
(b) Ignored it.
(c) Yelled at him.
(d) Praised it.
3. Where did Mrs. Paley accept a job in Chapter 3?
(a) A public segregated school.
(b) A private integrated school.
(c) A private segregated school.
(d) A public integrated school.
4. How did Mrs. Paley feel about her place in society by the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Unhappy with her job.
(b) Happy that her race was getting recognition in society.
(c) Happy with her place in society.
(d) Unhappy with her lack of action.
5. Who made Mrs. Paley dislike her job at one point?
(a) A young white girl.
(b) A parent of a white boy.
(c) A child not like Steven.
(d) A child like Steven.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what happened the first time Mrs. Paley tried disciplining the disruptive boy?
2. What does ignoring racial differences do in the classroom according to Mrs. Paley?
3. How did Mrs. Paley feel about her new job in Chapter 3?
4. What did Mrs. Paley believe helped the disruptive young boy?
5. Where were Mrs. Paley's first teaching jobs located?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)