|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley's action of ignoring racial differences do according to the conversation with the second person in Chapter 3?
(a) Created racism.
(c) Advocated racism.
(d) Robbed her of what made her special.
2. Where did Mrs. Paley teach?
(d) A mixed race school.
3. Who made Mrs. Paley dislike her job at one point?
(a) A child like Steven.
(b) A young white girl.
(c) A parent of a white boy.
(d) A child not like Steven.
4. Where did Mrs. Paley think in Chapter 1 she would like to teach?
(a) The ghetto.
(b) Integrated schools.
(d) Private schools.
5. What did Mrs. Paley recall from her own schooling?
(a) Being ugly.
(b) Being the only girl.
(c) Being the only Jewish girl.
(d) Being excluded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was interesting about the other teacher's assumptions about Fred's problems?
2. Where were Mrs. Paley's first teaching jobs located?
3. What age did Mrs. Paley teach?
4. Where dis Mrs. Paley eventually place the disruptive boy in Chapter 4?
5. What happened to Mrs. Paley when she moved back to Chicago?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)