|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the people Mrs. Paley asked advice for in Chapter 2 advise her to do?
(a) Praise race in the classroom.
(b) Focus on the behvaior.
(c) Ignore race in the classroom.
(d) Take a vacation.
2. What did the young boy in Mrs. Paley's class do to be scolded in Chapter 4?
(a) Permanent marker on the wall.
(b) The drawing easel.
(c) Foul language.
(d) A crayon.
3. What age did Mrs. Paley teach?
4. Where were Mrs. Paley's first teaching jobs located?
(a) The East coast.
(b) The south.
(c) The West coast.
(d) The north.
5. What experiences did Mrs. Paley draw from her own life to relate to her job's issues?
(a) Being ugly.
(b) Being a racist.
(c) Being a Jewish child.
(d) Being an only child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after Mrs. Paley's limited the young boy in Chapter 5?
2. What did Mrs. Paley believe helped the disruptive young boy?
3. Where did Mrs. Paley never have trouble chastising her student about using derogatory names?
4. Who was Mrs. Paley with in the preface?
5. What was wrong with Fred?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)