|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mrs. Paley respond to the boy's behavior in Chapter 4?
(a) Yelled at him.
(b) Sent him to the office.
(c) Ignored it.
(d) Praised it.
2. Who did Mrs. Paley first have a conversation with in Chapter 3 about her new job?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her boss.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her husband.
3. Where did Mrs. Paley never have trouble chastising her student about using derogatory names?
(a) The south.
(b) The west.
(d) The north.
4. What was interesting about the other teacher's assumptions about Fred's problems?
(a) They assumed he was retarded, like every other black student.
(b) They were being really mean.
(c) They were being really kind.
(d) They never assumed that about white children with the same problems.
5. How did Mrs. Paley feel about her place in society by the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Unhappy with her job.
(b) Happy with her place in society.
(c) Unhappy with her lack of action.
(d) Happy that her race was getting recognition in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Paley mostly teach in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 5, who did Mrs. Paley begin to offer compliments to?
3. What did Mrs. Paley note about her class after she received advice in Chapter 2?
4. Where did Mrs. Paley teach?
5. Who did Mrs. Paley have a conversation with at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)