|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Paley accept a job in Chapter 3?
(a) A public segregated school.
(b) A public integrated school.
(c) A private integrated school.
(d) A private segregated school.
2. What did Mrs. Paley question about her pleasure of the two students' friendship in Chapter 7?
(a) Arlene's intelligence.
(b) Why she cared about this friendship.
(c) Mary Anne's intelligence.
(d) Who was a better student.
3. What ethnicity were the parents of the child mentioned in Chapter 11?
(a) African American.
(d) West Indian.
4. What would Barbara ask everyone in the class?
(a) if they were black.
(b) If they were white.
(c) If they were Jewish.
(d) If they could sing.
5. Where did the child begin working in Chapter 12?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The doll corner.
(c) Art tables.
(d) At her desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one student suggest about all black people in Chapter 2?
2. What are people's thoughts based on in relationship to blacks according to the first few chapters of "White Teacher"?
3. Who did Mrs. Paley want to teach?
4. Who was the child forbidden to play with in Chapter 11?
5. What did the visitor ask the child to do in Chapter 12?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)