|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Claire have to develop her own imagination with?
(a) No one.
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her younger sister.
2. What did Mrs. Paley desire in her new job?
(a) A more accurate reflection of the world outside the classroom.
(b) An end to racism.
(d) More money.
3. Who did Mrs. Paley want to teach?
(a) White children.
(b) Her own children.
(c) European children.
(d) Black children.
4. What did the young boy in Mrs. Paley's class do to be scolded in Chapter 4?
(a) A crayon.
(b) Permanent marker on the wall.
(c) Foul language.
(d) The drawing easel.
5. What idea did Mrs. Paley quickly dismiss?
(a) That Claire had a learning disablity.
(b) That Claire was racist.
(c) That she was a racist.
(d) That Claire hated her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after Mrs. Paley's limited the young boy in Chapter 5?
2. What did Mrs. Paley take a closer look at in relationship to ethnic speech?
3. What would Ayana often smooth over?
4. What had developed in the classroom by Chapter 12?
5. What did Mrs. Paley limit the disruptive boy to from doing in Chapter 5?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)