|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the child forbidden to play with in Chapter 11?
(a) Black children.
(b) No one.
(d) White children.
2. How did the child play the game with the visitor?
(b) Like an expert.
3. What did Mrs. Paley desire in her new job?
(a) A more accurate reflection of the world outside the classroom.
(b) An end to racism.
(d) More money.
4. Who did Mrs. Paley question about the child's issue in Chapter 11?
(a) The child.
(b) No one.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. What was Carol embarrassed of?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her backpack.
(c) Her Taiwanese speaking grandmother.
(d) Her voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Paley realize ethnic speech had little to do with?
2. What did Mrs. Paley often struggle with when she was teaching?
3. Who was the smartest girl in the class in Chapter 7?
4. What does Mrs. Paley highlight through the experiences she recalls in "White Teacher"?
5. What ethnicity were the parents of the child mentioned in Chapter 11?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)