|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Neolithic periods, female monarchs rule ____________, according to the findings of scholars.
2. Calling the practices of the Goddess ___________ invites future scholars to call today's moralistic religion sterility cults.
3. When Moses is done writing Yahweh's laws, he gives them to the ______ to place in the Ark of the Covenant.
4. Instead of the king being put to death, he is stripped and humiliated in public during the _____________.
5. King Jeroboam earlier in history made golden ________, symbols of the Goddess religion.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Aryans consider about themselves, which is something that extends to this day in some groups?
2. How do the Aryans present the story of Noah and of the ark?
3. What happens to the consort of the priestess at the end of his time with her in their sacred relationship?
4. How do males attain power in the society where female monarchs rule divinely, appointed by female divinities?
5. What happens to Lilith in the Hebrew story of her and Adam in the creation myth?
6. What are some of the things the Levites do in order to discredit Ashtoreth?
7. How are 'pagan' ways thought to have entered into King Solomon's kingdom?
8. What happens to kinds in the time of the Babylonians as they are not killed at their end of their service?
9. Why is it thought that the Canaanites were dispossessed of Palestine by the Hebrews?
10. Who is Abraham as he relates to the Hebrews and to the Indo-Europeans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The connection between the male structures of society and war are prevalent through history and into the modern times.
Part 1: Why do you think men are traditionally linked with the ideas of aggression and war?
Part 2: Why aren't women seen as being more aggressive?
Part 3: Do you think there are any benefits to giving one gender the 'responsibility' of war and of aggression? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The relation between the snake and the woman/Goddess is clear from the text and from the art and historical research that is presented in the book.
Part 1: Why does the snake make sense as a symbol for the Goddess in the book?
Part 2: Why does the snake seem to be a less than appropriate symbol for the Goddess?
Part 3: What do you think the link between the snake and the Goddess is? Why is this important?
Essay Topic 3
The Greek accounts of women who defended the temples are thought to have spurned the legends of the Amazon women.
Part 1: Why do you think the women were the ones who defended the temples?
Part 2: Why does the idea of a woman fighter lead to the idea of the Amazon woman figure?
Part 3: Do you think women are 'allowed' to be aggressive in today's society? Why or why not? Are they given a label when they are?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)