|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an Iranian tale, __________ is warned that people have sinned, so he should build a vara, or fortress to protect civlization.
2. Calling the practices of the Goddess ___________ invites future scholars to call today's moralistic religion sterility cults.
3. The ____________ scroll describes the Levites' banners, dress, duties, and position in detail, according to Stone.
4. In the first century BCE, children born to ____________ are legitimate and respectable and unmarried women are worshiped.
5. How many tribes are created when the Levites are preparing to invade Canaan, according to Stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the ways the word 'qudishtu' is defined during the times of Moses?
2. What are some of the activities that take place at the temples of the era in which women ruled?
3. What do the Aryans consider about themselves, which is something that extends to this day in some groups?
4. Where do the Hebrews retain their history and preserve it for others to read in the future?
5. What happens to the consort of the priestess at the end of his time with her in their sacred relationship?
6. How do the Aryans present the story of Noah and of the ark?
7. What does the term 'levirate marriage' refer to within the context of history?
8. Who is Abraham as he relates to the Hebrews and to the Indo-Europeans?
9. What happens to Lilith in the Hebrew story of her and Adam in the creation myth?
10. How do males attain power in the society where female monarchs rule divinely, appointed by female divinities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of marriage is a slippery one throughout the history of man, with the definitions changing with the times.
Part 1: Why do you think the idea of marriages changes so often in the course of the history of man?
Part 2: Why do you think men and women are able to have multiple partners at different times in history?
Part 3: Do you think the modern definition of marriage is realistic? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The Greek accounts of women who defended the temples are thought to have spurned the legends of the Amazon women.
Part 1: Why do you think the women were the ones who defended the temples?
Part 2: Why does the idea of a woman fighter lead to the idea of the Amazon woman figure?
Part 3: Do you think women are 'allowed' to be aggressive in today's society? Why or why not? Are they given a label when they are?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of God being a woman is one that certainly is a mystery to many people in society. The thought that God as anything but male is challenging to grasp.
Part 1: Why do you think the author is trying to support the idea of God being a woman?
Part 2: Why does God being a woman make sense in relation to the information presented in this manuscript?
Part 3: How do you think the idea of God being a woman might change society, if it is true?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)