|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Editing of the Hebrew texts takes place over the many centuries, including _______________ by priests.
2. Faithful married women face the possibility of losing their husband's ________ and being sent out of his house.
3. How many tribes are created when the Levites are preparing to invade Canaan, according to Stone?
4. Jeh is sexually defiled by the ___________ so she can defile all women who in turn defile all men, according to Stone.
5. Moses and his brother ______________ are both born to Levite parents and Moses is told to separate from the tribe.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the consort of the priestess at the end of his time with her in their sacred relationship?
2. Why is it thought that the Canaanites were dispossessed of Palestine by the Hebrews?
3. Why do the people in the birthplace of Christianity and Judaism worship two different deities? And which deities?
4. How are 'pagan' ways thought to have entered into King Solomon's kingdom?
5. What does the Goddess Anath do as a sign that the Goddess religions are beginning to assimilate Northern ideas?
6. What are some of the ways the word 'qudishtu' is defined during the times of Moses?
7. How do the Aryans present the story of Noah and of the ark?
8. How do males attain power in the society where female monarchs rule divinely, appointed by female divinities?
9. What is the Mesopotamian lamentation festival connected with in ancient times?
10. Who is Abraham as he relates to the Hebrews and to the Indo-Europeans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of marriage is a slippery one throughout the history of man, with the definitions changing with the times.
Part 1: Why do you think the idea of marriages changes so often in the course of the history of man?
Part 2: Why do you think men and women are able to have multiple partners at different times in history?
Part 3: Do you think the modern definition of marriage is realistic? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
It seems that various peoples are trying to create a Master Race to take over all others.
Part 1: Why would a person want their race to be the most important of all?
Part 2: Do you think there can ever be one Master Race? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a group of people tries to convince others their race is the 'best'?
Essay Topic 3
While it's easy to say that women were the one who were subjugated at all times, men were also the victims of persecution too.
Part 1: Why do you think the Goddess religions in the 14th century began to take on Northern ideas of aggression?
Part 2: Why do you think that castration became the new way to replace the idea of killing the king?
Part 3: Why do you think the Goddess religions would cause harm to the male counterparts in society?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)