|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real name of the Hittite language, adding to the irony of WWII and the rise of Hitler?
2. The _________ regard themselves as racially superior to the conquered peoples which helps to explain other texts.
3. What is the name of the Goddess in Anatolia after 1000 BCE, according to Stone?
4. On the Nile, the king is killed when his health or his __________ fails, according to Stone.
(d) Battle strength
5. Aryan priests despise _______ and present the story of Noah and the ark as relatives who survived the flood.
(d) The Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first century BCE, children born to ____________ are legitimate and respectable and unmarried women are worshiped.
2. Stone believes women were the first to connect ___________ and reproduction and to integrate the reality into religion.
3. When the worship of the Egyptian _________ comes to Rome, sacred women follow the ancient customs there.
4. In Neolithic periods, female monarchs rule ____________, according to the findings of scholars.
5. ____________ warns of famine, violence, and destruction for those who hold to the ways of the Goddess.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the activities that take place at the temples of the era in which women ruled?
2. What happens to Lilith in the Hebrew story of her and Adam in the creation myth?
3. Why is it thought that the Canaanites were dispossessed of Palestine by the Hebrews?
4. What happens to the consort of the priestess at the end of his time with her in their sacred relationship?
5. After the division of the Hebrew states, what happens to the Storm God Baal?
6. What are some of the things the Levites do in order to discredit Ashtoreth?
7. What kind of romantic relationships does the priestess of the time take on?
8. Why do the people in the birthplace of Christianity and Judaism worship two different deities? And which deities?
9. How do males attain power in the society where female monarchs rule divinely, appointed by female divinities?
10. What are the Levites the first group to demand of women in the community during the time of Moses?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)