|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moses and his brother ______________ are both born to Levite parents and Moses is told to separate from the tribe.
2. By Babylonian times, kinds are still appointed by _________ but not put to death, according to Stone.
3. In some areas, ______________ replaces the actual death of the substitute king, according to Stone.
(b) Ritualized suicide
(c) Animal sacrifice
4. Because Egyptian myths are cumulative, both Horus and Osiris can fight Set, but only ___________ dies.
5. In Neolithic periods, female monarchs rule ____________, according to the findings of scholars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real name of the Hittite language, adding to the irony of WWII and the rise of Hitler?
2. Jeh is sexually defiled by the ___________ so she can defile all women who in turn defile all men, according to Stone.
3. Zeus is worshiped on Crete as the son of his mother __________ and in one legend sexually attacks her.
4. Later in the Bible, _______ becomes a term of rebuke, suggesting Abraham or Abraham's wife was Indo-European.
5. The _______ were first known as the sacred women of the temples, though the name changes to being more negative in connotation.
Short Essay Questions
1. How are 'pagan' ways thought to have entered into King Solomon's kingdom?
2. How do the Aryans present the story of Noah and of the ark?
3. Who is Abraham as he relates to the Hebrews and to the Indo-Europeans?
4. Where do the Hebrews retain their history and preserve it for others to read in the future?
5. What are some of the ways the word 'qudishtu' is defined during the times of Moses?
6. Why is it thought that the Canaanites were dispossessed of Palestine by the Hebrews?
7. What is the Mesopotamian lamentation festival connected with in ancient times?
8. Why do the people in the birthplace of Christianity and Judaism worship two different deities? And which deities?
9. After the division of the Hebrew states, what happens to the Storm God Baal?
10. What does a Pahlavi text depict Jeh as? How is Jeh described in this certain text?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)