|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _______ were first known as the sacred women of the temples, though the name changes to being more negative in connotation.
2. In an Iranian tale, __________ is warned that people have sinned, so he should build a vara, or fortress to protect civlization.
3. The _________ regard themselves as racially superior to the conquered peoples which helps to explain other texts.
4. Who appoints the female monarchs in the earliest historical and Neolithic times?
(a) Male gods
(b) The snake goddess
(c) Popular vote
(d) Female divinities
5. _________ tells Ezekiel to mark the foreheads of men in Jerusalem who commit abominations so they can be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zeus is worshiped on Crete as the son of his mother __________ and in one legend sexually attacks her.
2. The ____________ scroll describes the Levites' banners, dress, duties, and position in detail, according to Stone.
3. What is the name of the Goddess in Anatolia after 1000 BCE, according to Stone?
4. Faithful married women face the possibility of losing their husband's ________ and being sent out of his house.
5. The changing of Jacob's name to __________ may suggest they understand their ancestry is symbolic rather than biological.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things the Levites do in order to discredit Ashtoreth?
2. What happens to kinds in the time of the Babylonians as they are not killed at their end of their service?
3. What are some of the activities that take place at the temples of the era in which women ruled?
4. What is the Mesopotamian lamentation festival connected with in ancient times?
5. What happens to Lilith in the Hebrew story of her and Adam in the creation myth?
6. What are some of the ways the word 'qudishtu' is defined during the times of Moses?
7. Where do the Hebrews retain their history and preserve it for others to read in the future?
8. What are the Levites the first group to demand of women in the community during the time of Moses?
9. What does the Goddess Anath do as a sign that the Goddess religions are beginning to assimilate Northern ideas?
10. What do the Aryans consider about themselves, which is something that extends to this day in some groups?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)