|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The changing of Jacob's name to __________ may suggest they understand their ancestry is symbolic rather than biological.
2. Who appoints the female monarchs in the earliest historical and Neolithic times?
(a) Popular vote
(b) The snake goddess
(c) Male gods
(d) Female divinities
3. Yahweh may be derived from the Sanskrit meaning ____________, according to some scholars.
4. How many tribes are created when the Levites are preparing to invade Canaan, according to Stone?
5. Faithful married women face the possibility of losing their husband's ________ and being sent out of his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Editing of the Hebrew texts takes place over the many centuries, including _______________ by priests.
2. Calling the practices of the Goddess ___________ invites future scholars to call today's moralistic religion sterility cults.
3. Who is Abraham's wife who ends up dying at some point of their marriage and who Abraham buries?
4. In Anatolia, ____________ declares that once a man has slept with a Goddess, he may never sleep with a woman.
5. After the division of the Hebrew states, Baal, the storm god, assimilates with the Goddess _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the term 'levirate marriage' refer to within the context of history?
2. What happens to Lilith in the Hebrew story of her and Adam in the creation myth?
3. What does the Goddess Anath do as a sign that the Goddess religions are beginning to assimilate Northern ideas?
4. What is the Mesopotamian lamentation festival connected with in ancient times?
5. What are some of the things the Levites do in order to discredit Ashtoreth?
6. Who is Abraham as he relates to the Hebrews and to the Indo-Europeans?
7. How do males attain power in the society where female monarchs rule divinely, appointed by female divinities?
8. What are some of the ways the word 'qudishtu' is defined during the times of Moses?
9. What happens to the consort of the priestess at the end of his time with her in their sacred relationship?
10. What are the names of the three men who all link the Hebrews with Egypt's Indo-European royalty?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)