|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ continues to be revered as the bestower of rights to shepherds and kings, suggesting matrilineal rights still apply to royalty.
2. ____________ worship is described throughout the Middle East in the period of time of 3000 BCE.
3. Various Hatti Goddesses survive the battle of the Hittites, and are known as the __________.
4. What Goddess is said to be the Goddess of the Southern part of Egypt before 3000 BCE?
(a) Water Goddess
(b) Vulture Goddess
(c) Gold Goddess
(d) Cobra Goddess
5. ___________ figures are everywhere: in fire sacrifices, astral bodies, lightning, skin color, and some of the gods - Brahma, Mithra, and Dyaus Pitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Goddess is said to be the Goddess of the Northern part of Egypt before 3000 BCE?
2. Which area has communal marriage, according to the writings of Diodorus?
3. Priestly scribes appear to write out of ____________ motive more than religious fervor about supreme male deities and the institution of kingship.
4. Some scholars suggest that the influence of the Goddess only seems minor because the Goddess has ___________.
5. Hebrew women are inferior to their neighbors because they are needed to bear many __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does V. Klein have to say about the effect of female power on the society of the ancient times?
2. What is similar in the Paleolithic and Neolithic figurines of the Goddess?
3. What is Eridu said to be the place of when it steps away from the Goddess religions?
4. Describe the battle ax cultures in terms of what their presence was like during their arrival and contact with Goddess-worshiping Middle Easterners.
5. What are some of the rights women are given in the Code of Hammurabi?
6. Describe the vanguard of the battle ax cultures, as Merlin Stone and others describe them.
7. How did Middle East societies look at the Goddess in their ancient times?
8. During the 18th dynasty in Egypt, women's roles are severely changed - what did they change to and from?
9. Why is the Upper Paleolithic existence of the Goddess speculative at the point of writing this book?
10. Why are Hebrew women supposed to be inferior to their neighbors, according to the Priest/archaeologist Roland de Vaux?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)