|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hat-Hor is symbolized by a ________ with a cobra on her forehead, as the nature of Ua Zit is retained in the culture.
2. What is another name for Artemis, as discover by scholars in the classical Greek times?
3. The illiterate Northerners adopt two alphabets for their Sanskrit language in which they produce the _____________.
(a) Talmud scripture
(d) Dead Sea Scrolls
4. Myths that grow from a religion serving a female deity view ______________ differently from those created by male-oriented religions.
5. Robertson Smith claims that in Arabia, all traits of the dominant Goddess are transferred to the _____________ before she is subordinated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "The Golden Ass' which was written in the second century CE?
2. What Goddess is said to be the Goddess of the Southern part of Egypt before 3000 BCE?
3. Who is the first prophet of Yahweh, who arrives thousands of years after the Goddess emerges in history?
4. What do the words 'bala' in Sanskrit, or bull, and 'tura' from Akkadian times mean?
5. __________, "Lord of the mountains," kills Danu and her son Vrtra, causing cosmic waters to flow, which gives birth to the sun.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the freedoms women in classical Greece still get access to?
2. Describe the battle ax cultures in terms of what their presence was like during their arrival and contact with Goddess-worshiping Middle Easterners.
3. Who do women appear as in civil litigation during the times of the Egyptians, according to papyri?
4. What is the effect the Adam and Eve story has had on the female child, according to the author?
5. Why are Hebrew women supposed to be inferior to their neighbors, according to the Priest/archaeologist Roland de Vaux?
6. How does the Goddess movement and belief system survive, even though the male deity movement continues to take hold?
7. How does the mythological spouse begin to gain importance in the female-based world?
8. What does V. Klein have to say about the effect of female power on the society of the ancient times?
9. What is Eridu said to be the place of when it steps away from the Goddess religions?
10. How does Merlin Stone say that society portrays the modern women and her inherent qualities?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)