|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hebrew scriptures disguise ____________ as the male Ashtoreth and seek to discredit her, according to Stone.
2. What is another name for Artemis, as discover by scholars in the classical Greek times?
3. Robertson Smith claims that in Arabia, all traits of the dominant Goddess are transferred to the _____________ before she is subordinated.
4. Which Goddess is thought to be the inventor of agriculture, a healer, a physician, and a lawgiver?
5. The Upper Paleolithic existence of the Goddess is speculative since it precedes ______________.
(d) Academic life
Short Answer Questions
1. Royal families were found to show that the Egyptian culture was ____________, according to Stone.
2. _____________ is the name given by scholars to Cretan cultural sites on the Greek mainland.
3. Females seem to invent not just agriculture, but also ______________, according to Stone's findings.
4. ____________ worship is described throughout the Middle East in the period of time of 3000 BCE.
5. Love poems found hint that ____________ women were the ones who did the wooing in relationships, according to Stone.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Upper Paleolithic existence of the Goddess speculative at the point of writing this book?
2. How does the mythological spouse begin to gain importance in the female-based world?
3. How did Middle East societies look at the Goddess in their ancient times?
4. What are some of the rights women are given in the Code of Hammurabi?
5. What are the three types of evidence which seem to point out the existence of the Goddess in Upper Paleolithic times?
6. How does Merlin Stone say that society portrays the modern women and her inherent qualities?
7. What does V. Klein have to say about the effect of female power on the society of the ancient times?
8. Describe the vanguard of the battle ax cultures, as Merlin Stone and others describe them.
9. What is the female deity of the time represented as when seem in pictures and in other works of art?
10. What is the effect the Adam and Eve story has had on the female child, according to the author?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)