|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the division of the Hebrew states, Baal, the storm god, assimilates with the Goddess _____________.
2. The _____________ are a priestly caste that hoards sacred hieroglyphs for their own sacred purposes, according to Stone.
3. The Bible shows Moses being adopted by __________________ and given a name that is a frequent part of royal names.
(a) A shepherd
(b) A common couple
(c) A priest
(d) A Pharaoh's daughter
4. Faithful married women face the possibility of losing their husband's ________ and being sent out of his house.
5. The Psalms show Yahweh heaping __________ on the wicked, consuming them with fire, according to Stone.
6. Isis and ___________ are still widely worshiped in the Greco-Roman world at the time of the Apostle Paul.
7. In Anatolia, ____________ declares that once a man has slept with a Goddess, he may never sleep with a woman.
8. In the first century BCE, children born to ____________ are legitimate and respectable and unmarried women are worshiped.
(b) Fertility cults
(c) Married couples
(d) Temple women
9. Editing of the Hebrew texts takes place over the many centuries, including _______________ by priests.
(a) Goddess condemnation
(b) Jesus stories
(c) Jealous censorship
(d) Blatant lies
10. Pagan ways may have entered through King Solomon's 700 woman ________, according to Stone.
11. The Indo-Europeans resent the Cretan legend of the death of Zeus, insisting he is _________.
(b) Killed in another way
(c) Between the worlds
(d) In another land
12. What is the mountain which is also given the moniker of the mountain of God in the Bible and in other stories?
(a) Mount Vesuvius
(b) Mount Anatolia
(c) Mount Olympus
(d) Mount Sinai
13. Who is the wild man of the woods in the story of Gilgamesh who appears and is extravagantly treated?
14. Clement of Alexandria quotes Christ, saying he has come to destroy the works of the ___________.
15. ___________ sacrifices are important to the Levite rites as to the Brahmins, according to Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hebrew customer of ____________ marriage whereby a widow is assigned to her brother- or father-in-law.
2. What might happen if a man were to sleep with another woman after having slept with a Goddess?
3. Who sees a vision of a mysterious figure at the temple fate who tells of 'filthy things' going on inside?
4. The ___________, an incarnation of the Goddess, takes not a permanent husband, but rather annual lovers or consorts.
5. Later in the Bible, _______ becomes a term of rebuke, suggesting Abraham or Abraham's wife was Indo-European.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)