|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hebrews retain little knowledge of the battle between ______________ and the serpent Leviathan, though it is preserved in the Psalms.
2. _________ tells Ezekiel to mark the foreheads of men in Jerusalem who commit abominations so they can be destroyed.
3. By Babylonian times, kinds are still appointed by _________ but not put to death, according to Stone.
4. In 3000 BCE, _________ men are sacrificed at the grave of Osiris as a part of ritual regicide, according to Stone.
5. Isis and ___________ are still widely worshiped in the Greco-Roman world at the time of the Apostle Paul.
6. Pagan ways may have entered through King Solomon's 700 woman ________, according to Stone.
7. Who appoints the female monarchs in the earliest historical and Neolithic times?
(a) Male gods
(b) Female divinities
(c) The snake goddess
(d) Popular vote
8. The ___________, an incarnation of the Goddess, takes not a permanent husband, but rather annual lovers or consorts.
9. Later in the Bible, _______ becomes a term of rebuke, suggesting Abraham or Abraham's wife was Indo-European.
10. Stone believes women were the first to connect ___________ and reproduction and to integrate the reality into religion.
11. The Mesopotamian lamentation festival is connected with the __________ after the jubilation ceremonies of the sacred marriage.
(a) All Souls Eve
(c) The Fertility Rites
(d) Feast of Booths
12. in around 1930 BCE, ancient customers justify military conquests and marrying the high priestess legitimizes __________ in the eyes of the people.
13. The ____________ scroll describes the Levites' banners, dress, duties, and position in detail, according to Stone.
14. Who were thought to have been dispossessed of Palestine by the Hebrews because of their abominations?
15. ____________, Adam's first wife, refuses to be sexually submissive and later becomes a demon in stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ sacrifices are important to the Levite rites as to the Brahmins, according to Stone.
2. Instead of the king being put to death, he is stripped and humiliated in public during the _____________.
3. ______________ reflects a political ideology in which a single person rules, while _______________ images the communal attitude.
4. Who is NOT one of the historical figures who link the Hebrews with Egypt's Indo-European royalty?
5. The Hebrew customer of ____________ marriage whereby a widow is assigned to her brother- or father-in-law.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)