|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ____________ scroll describes the Levites' banners, dress, duties, and position in detail, according to Stone.
2. The Mesopotamian lamentation festival is connected with the __________ after the jubilation ceremonies of the sacred marriage.
(a) The Fertility Rites
(c) Feast of Booths
(d) All Souls Eve
3. The people of the lands worship both Yahweh and Astarte/Baal for __________ in their lives.
(a) No reason
(b) Double insurance
(c) Poltical reasons
4. Who were thought to have been dispossessed of Palestine by the Hebrews because of their abominations?
5. Anath buries _____ and avenges him gruesomely, and then allows him to re-enter the world of the living.
6. Aryan priests despise _______ and present the story of Noah and the ark as relatives who survived the flood.
(a) The Bible
7. What is the real name of the Hittite language, adding to the irony of WWII and the rise of Hitler?
8. The __________ at the time of Moses were the first to demand virginity until marriage for all women, according to Stone.
9. The Levites purposefully misspell and mispronounce __________'s name, turn her into a male, and never picture her alone in order to demean her.
10. In Anatolia, ____________ declares that once a man has slept with a Goddess, he may never sleep with a woman.
11. The Bible shows Moses being adopted by __________________ and given a name that is a frequent part of royal names.
(a) A shepherd
(b) A common couple
(c) A Pharaoh's daughter
(d) A priest
12. Sacred women are found in Sumerian texts. They esteem the Queen of ____ and she in turn protects them.
13. The Indo-Europeans resent the Cretan legend of the death of Zeus, insisting he is _________.
(a) Between the worlds
(c) In another land
(d) Killed in another way
14. What is the mountain which is also given the moniker of the mountain of God in the Bible and in other stories?
(a) Mount Sinai
(b) Mount Anatolia
(c) Mount Vesuvius
(d) Mount Olympus
15. The Hebrew customer of ____________ marriage whereby a widow is assigned to her brother- or father-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the wild man of the woods in the story of Gilgamesh who appears and is extravagantly treated?
2. Pagan ways may have entered through King Solomon's 700 woman ________, according to Stone.
3. Isis and ___________ are still widely worshiped in the Greco-Roman world at the time of the Apostle Paul.
4. In an Iranian tale, __________ is warned that people have sinned, so he should build a vara, or fortress to protect civlization.
5. ______________ reflects a political ideology in which a single person rules, while _______________ images the communal attitude.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)