|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _________ regard themselves as racially superior to the conquered peoples which helps to explain other texts.
2. ____________, Adam's first wife, refuses to be sexually submissive and later becomes a demon in stories.
3. The Bible shows Moses being adopted by __________________ and given a name that is a frequent part of royal names.
(a) A shepherd
(b) A priest
(c) A common couple
(d) A Pharaoh's daughter
4. The ___________, an incarnation of the Goddess, takes not a permanent husband, but rather annual lovers or consorts.
5. Who appoints the female monarchs in the earliest historical and Neolithic times?
(a) Male gods
(b) Female divinities
(c) The snake goddess
(d) Popular vote
6. The _______ were first known as the sacred women of the temples, though the name changes to being more negative in connotation.
7. The Mesopotamian lamentation festival is connected with the __________ after the jubilation ceremonies of the sacred marriage.
(a) The Fertility Rites
(b) Feast of Booths
(d) All Souls Eve
8. The Indo-Europeans resent the Cretan legend of the death of Zeus, insisting he is _________.
(a) Between the worlds
(b) In another land
(d) Killed in another way
9. What might happen if a man were to sleep with another woman after having slept with a Goddess?
(a) The woman would die
(b) The Goddess' powers could be transferred to someone else
(c) The Goddess would die
(d) The man could die
10. Faithful married women face the possibility of losing their husband's ________ and being sent out of his house.
11. ___________ sacrifices are important to the Levite rites as to the Brahmins, according to Stone.
12. Who sees a vision of a mysterious figure at the temple fate who tells of 'filthy things' going on inside?
13. The ____________ scroll describes the Levites' banners, dress, duties, and position in detail, according to Stone.
14. Who is NOT one of the historical figures who link the Hebrews with Egypt's Indo-European royalty?
15. In an Iranian tale, __________ is warned that people have sinned, so he should build a vara, or fortress to protect civlization.
Short Answer Questions
1. King ____________ is threatened with the loss of his kingdom for forsaking Yahweh and worshiping Ashtoreth.
2. How many tribes are created when the Levites are preparing to invade Canaan, according to Stone?
3. In Canaan, women have sex with males in the community who come to honor ____________, according to Stone.
4. Aryan priests despise _______ and present the story of Noah and the ark as relatives who survived the flood.
5. In Neolithic periods, female monarchs rule ____________, according to the findings of scholars.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)