|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real name of the Hittite language, adding to the irony of WWII and the rise of Hitler?
2. The Levites purposefully misspell and mispronounce __________'s name, turn her into a male, and never picture her alone in order to demean her.
3. Clement of Alexandria quotes Christ, saying he has come to destroy the works of the ___________.
4. Yahweh is supposedly going to give the Hebrews a _________, but it is revealed by the Levites that this is already populated and fortified.
(a) Promised Land
(d) Sacred space
5. On the Nile, the king is killed when his health or his __________ fails, according to Stone.
(b) Battle strength
6. The Mesopotamian lamentation festival is connected with the __________ after the jubilation ceremonies of the sacred marriage.
(b) Feast of Booths
(c) The Fertility Rites
(d) All Souls Eve
7. Stone believes women were the first to connect ___________ and reproduction and to integrate the reality into religion.
8. ___________ are the core of communities, whence not only religious business, but also all urban and rural activities are directed.
9. In Canaan, women have sex with males in the community who come to honor ____________, according to Stone.
(a) The Goddess
(b) The temple
(c) The powers of nature
(d) The Universe
10. What is the name of the Goddess in Anatolia after 1000 BCE, according to Stone?
11. The Indo-Europeans resent the Cretan legend of the death of Zeus, insisting he is _________.
(a) Between the worlds
(b) In another land
(d) Killed in another way
12. Who is the wild man of the woods in the story of Gilgamesh who appears and is extravagantly treated?
13. In an Iranian tale, __________ is warned that people have sinned, so he should build a vara, or fortress to protect civlization.
14. The ____________ scroll describes the Levites' banners, dress, duties, and position in detail, according to Stone.
15. ___________ sacrifices are important to the Levite rites as to the Brahmins, according to Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The __________ at the time of Moses were the first to demand virginity until marriage for all women, according to Stone.
2. What is the mountain which is also given the moniker of the mountain of God in the Bible and in other stories?
3. In 3000 BCE, _________ men are sacrificed at the grave of Osiris as a part of ritual regicide, according to Stone.
4. In Anatolia, ____________ declares that once a man has slept with a Goddess, he may never sleep with a woman.
5. The people of the lands worship both Yahweh and Astarte/Baal for __________ in their lives.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)