|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Married or betrothed women who are ____________ are killed for being __________.
(a) Cheated on
(b) Sexually open
2. What might happen if a man were to sleep with another woman after having slept with a Goddess?
(a) The Goddess' powers could be transferred to someone else
(b) The man could die
(c) The Goddess would die
(d) The woman would die
3. Editing of the Hebrew texts takes place over the many centuries, including _______________ by priests.
(a) Blatant lies
(b) Jealous censorship
(c) Jesus stories
(d) Goddess condemnation
4. _________ tells Ezekiel to mark the foreheads of men in Jerusalem who commit abominations so they can be destroyed.
5. The Bible shows Moses being adopted by __________________ and given a name that is a frequent part of royal names.
(a) A priest
(b) A Pharaoh's daughter
(c) A common couple
(d) A shepherd
6. In Canaan, women have sex with males in the community who come to honor ____________, according to Stone.
(a) The temple
(b) The Universe
(c) The powers of nature
(d) The Goddess
7. Who is the military hero in the tales of Gilgamesh, as the stories continue?
8. Faithful married women face the possibility of losing their husband's ________ and being sent out of his house.
9. In Anatolia, ____________ declares that once a man has slept with a Goddess, he may never sleep with a woman.
10. Inanna has been proven to have killed her consort for his ____________, which appears to be a rarity.
11. Yahweh may be derived from the Sanskrit meaning ____________, according to some scholars.
12. Pagan ways may have entered through King Solomon's 700 woman ________, according to Stone.
13. The annual death of the son/lover is connected to the ritual sacrifice of the ____________.
(a) First calf
(b) First girl child
(c) Consort king
14. Because Egyptian myths are cumulative, both Horus and Osiris can fight Set, but only ___________ dies.
15. Who is the wild man of the woods in the story of Gilgamesh who appears and is extravagantly treated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mountain which is also given the moniker of the mountain of God in the Bible and in other stories?
2. On the Nile, the king is killed when his health or his __________ fails, according to Stone.
3. Yahweh is supposedly going to give the Hebrews a _________, but it is revealed by the Levites that this is already populated and fortified.
4. Sacred women are found in Sumerian texts. They esteem the Queen of ____ and she in turn protects them.
5. Later in the Bible, _______ becomes a term of rebuke, suggesting Abraham or Abraham's wife was Indo-European.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)