|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moses and his brother ______________ are both born to Levite parents and Moses is told to separate from the tribe.
2. King ____________ is threatened with the loss of his kingdom for forsaking Yahweh and worshiping Ashtoreth.
3. The Levites purposefully misspell and mispronounce __________'s name, turn her into a male, and never picture her alone in order to demean her.
4. Faithful married women face the possibility of losing their husband's ________ and being sent out of his house.
5. Who is Abraham's wife who ends up dying at some point of their marriage and who Abraham buries?
6. The _______ were first known as the sacred women of the temples, though the name changes to being more negative in connotation.
7. Married or betrothed women who are ____________ are killed for being __________.
(b) Sexually open
(d) Cheated on
8. The _____________ are a priestly caste that hoards sacred hieroglyphs for their own sacred purposes, according to Stone.
9. _________ tells Ezekiel to mark the foreheads of men in Jerusalem who commit abominations so they can be destroyed.
10. Instead of the king being put to death, he is stripped and humiliated in public during the _____________.
(a) Mid Summer's Day Events
(b) New Year Festival
(c) Celebration of the Harvest
(d) All Souls Festival
11. King Jeroboam earlier in history made golden ________, symbols of the Goddess religion.
12. When Moses is done writing Yahweh's laws, he gives them to the ______ to place in the Ark of the Covenant.
13. Who appoints the female monarchs in the earliest historical and Neolithic times?
(a) The snake goddess
(b) Male gods
(c) Popular vote
(d) Female divinities
14. Who sees a vision of a mysterious figure at the temple fate who tells of 'filthy things' going on inside?
15. Jeh is sexually defiled by the ___________ so she can defile all women who in turn defile all men, according to Stone.
(a) Storm God
Short Answer Questions
1. Zeus is worshiped on Crete as the son of his mother __________ and in one legend sexually attacks her.
2. Editing of the Hebrew texts takes place over the many centuries, including _______________ by priests.
3. In Canaan, women have sex with males in the community who come to honor ____________, according to Stone.
4. The sexual union between the Goddess and the lover who is young enough to be her son is called _____________.
5. Who is NOT one of the historical figures who link the Hebrews with Egypt's Indo-European royalty?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)