|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the division of the Hebrew states, Baal, the storm god, assimilates with the Goddess _____________.
2. When the worship of the Egyptian _________ comes to Rome, sacred women follow the ancient customs there.
3. Moses and his brother ______________ are both born to Levite parents and Moses is told to separate from the tribe.
4. in around 1930 BCE, ancient customers justify military conquests and marrying the high priestess legitimizes __________ in the eyes of the people.
5. Anath buries _____ and avenges him gruesomely, and then allows him to re-enter the world of the living.
6. Yahweh is supposedly going to give the Hebrews a _________, but it is revealed by the Levites that this is already populated and fortified.
(a) Sacred space
(b) Promised Land
7. In Canaan, women have sex with males in the community who come to honor ____________, according to Stone.
(a) The temple
(b) The powers of nature
(c) The Universe
(d) The Goddess
8. ______________ reflects a political ideology in which a single person rules, while _______________ images the communal attitude.
(a) Matriarchy; Patriarchy
(b) Polytheism; Monotheism
(c) Monotheism; Polytheism
(d) Monotheism; Patriarchy
9. Who is the military hero in the tales of Gilgamesh, as the stories continue?
10. Pagan ways may have entered through King Solomon's 700 woman ________, according to Stone.
11. By Babylonian times, kinds are still appointed by _________ but not put to death, according to Stone.
12. What might happen if a man were to sleep with another woman after having slept with a Goddess?
(a) The woman would die
(b) The Goddess would die
(c) The man could die
(d) The Goddess' powers could be transferred to someone else
13. The ____________ scroll describes the Levites' banners, dress, duties, and position in detail, according to Stone.
14. Later in the Bible, _______ becomes a term of rebuke, suggesting Abraham or Abraham's wife was Indo-European.
15. Aryan priests despise _______ and present the story of Noah and the ark as relatives who survived the flood.
(a) The Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. The Levites purposefully misspell and mispronounce __________'s name, turn her into a male, and never picture her alone in order to demean her.
2. In Anatolia, ____________ declares that once a man has slept with a Goddess, he may never sleep with a woman.
3. Clement of Alexandria quotes Christ, saying he has come to destroy the works of the ___________.
4. Faithful married women face the possibility of losing their husband's ________ and being sent out of his house.
5. The annual death of the son/lover is connected to the ritual sacrifice of the ____________.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)