|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacred women are found in Sumerian texts. They esteem the Queen of ____ and she in turn protects them.
2. Editing of the Hebrew texts takes place over the many centuries, including _______________ by priests.
(a) Jealous censorship
(b) Blatant lies
(c) Goddess condemnation
(d) Jesus stories
3. How many tribes are created when the Levites are preparing to invade Canaan, according to Stone?
4. The people of the lands worship both Yahweh and Astarte/Baal for __________ in their lives.
(a) No reason
(b) Poltical reasons
(c) Double insurance
5. After the division of the Hebrew states, Baal, the storm god, assimilates with the Goddess _____________.
6. The Psalms show Yahweh heaping __________ on the wicked, consuming them with fire, according to Stone.
7. The sexual union between the Goddess and the lover who is young enough to be her son is called _____________.
(b) Sacred Marriage
(d) Special Coupling
8. ____________, Adam's first wife, refuses to be sexually submissive and later becomes a demon in stories.
9. The _____________ are a priestly caste that hoards sacred hieroglyphs for their own sacred purposes, according to Stone.
10. In Neolithic periods, female monarchs rule ____________, according to the findings of scholars.
11. In Canaan, women have sex with males in the community who come to honor ____________, according to Stone.
(a) The temple
(b) The Universe
(c) The Goddess
(d) The powers of nature
12. The _________ regard themselves as racially superior to the conquered peoples which helps to explain other texts.
13. Because Egyptian myths are cumulative, both Horus and Osiris can fight Set, but only ___________ dies.
14. In an Iranian tale, __________ is warned that people have sinned, so he should build a vara, or fortress to protect civlization.
15. Aryan priests despise _______ and present the story of Noah and the ark as relatives who survived the flood.
(a) The Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. Isis and ___________ are still widely worshiped in the Greco-Roman world at the time of the Apostle Paul.
2. Who appoints the female monarchs in the earliest historical and Neolithic times?
3. Who sees a vision of a mysterious figure at the temple fate who tells of 'filthy things' going on inside?
4. Yahweh is supposedly going to give the Hebrews a _________, but it is revealed by the Levites that this is already populated and fortified.
5. The __________ at the time of Moses were the first to demand virginity until marriage for all women, according to Stone.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)