|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ at the time of Moses were the first to demand virginity until marriage for all women, according to Stone.
2. In some areas, ______________ replaces the actual death of the substitute king, according to Stone.
(b) Ritualized suicide
(d) Animal sacrifice
3. The ___________, an incarnation of the Goddess, takes not a permanent husband, but rather annual lovers or consorts.
4. Zeus is worshiped on Crete as the son of his mother __________ and in one legend sexually attacks her.
5. The people of the lands worship both Yahweh and Astarte/Baal for __________ in their lives.
(a) Poltical reasons
(c) Double insurance
(d) No reason
6. The Levites purposefully misspell and mispronounce __________'s name, turn her into a male, and never picture her alone in order to demean her.
7. The Hebrew customer of ____________ marriage whereby a widow is assigned to her brother- or father-in-law.
8. When Moses is done writing Yahweh's laws, he gives them to the ______ to place in the Ark of the Covenant.
9. The Mesopotamian lamentation festival is connected with the __________ after the jubilation ceremonies of the sacred marriage.
(a) All Souls Eve
(c) Feast of Booths
(d) The Fertility Rites
10. The Psalms show Yahweh heaping __________ on the wicked, consuming them with fire, according to Stone.
11. Anath buries _____ and avenges him gruesomely, and then allows him to re-enter the world of the living.
12. Because Egyptian myths are cumulative, both Horus and Osiris can fight Set, but only ___________ dies.
13. What is the real name of the Hittite language, adding to the irony of WWII and the rise of Hitler?
14. Instead of the king being put to death, he is stripped and humiliated in public during the _____________.
(a) New Year Festival
(b) Celebration of the Harvest
(c) Mid Summer's Day Events
(d) All Souls Festival
15. Jeh is sexually defiled by the ___________ so she can defile all women who in turn defile all men, according to Stone.
(c) Storm God
Short Answer Questions
1. Aryan priests despise _______ and present the story of Noah and the ark as relatives who survived the flood.
2. What is the name of the Goddess in Anatolia after 1000 BCE, according to Stone?
3. In Canaan, women have sex with males in the community who come to honor ____________, according to Stone.
4. Yahweh is supposedly going to give the Hebrews a _________, but it is revealed by the Levites that this is already populated and fortified.
5. Editing of the Hebrew texts takes place over the many centuries, including _______________ by priests.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)