|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Editing of the Hebrew texts takes place over the many centuries, including _______________ by priests.
(a) Jealous censorship
(b) Jesus stories
(c) Blatant lies
(d) Goddess condemnation
2. In 3000 BCE, _________ men are sacrificed at the grave of Osiris as a part of ritual regicide, according to Stone.
3. The _______ were first known as the sacred women of the temples, though the name changes to being more negative in connotation.
4. Who appoints the female monarchs in the earliest historical and Neolithic times?
(a) Popular vote
(b) The snake goddess
(c) Male gods
(d) Female divinities
5. ____________, Adam's first wife, refuses to be sexually submissive and later becomes a demon in stories.
6. The __________ at the time of Moses were the first to demand virginity until marriage for all women, according to Stone.
7. The ___________, an incarnation of the Goddess, takes not a permanent husband, but rather annual lovers or consorts.
8. When the worship of the Egyptian _________ comes to Rome, sacred women follow the ancient customs there.
9. ____________ warns of famine, violence, and destruction for those who hold to the ways of the Goddess.
10. Who sees a vision of a mysterious figure at the temple fate who tells of 'filthy things' going on inside?
11. The Psalms show Yahweh heaping __________ on the wicked, consuming them with fire, according to Stone.
12. Yahweh may be derived from the Sanskrit meaning ____________, according to some scholars.
13. Later in the Bible, _______ becomes a term of rebuke, suggesting Abraham or Abraham's wife was Indo-European.
14. Who is the wild man of the woods in the story of Gilgamesh who appears and is extravagantly treated?
15. What is the name of the idols which are found on hilltops, under green trees, and beside Canaanite altars?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagan ways may have entered through King Solomon's 700 woman ________, according to Stone.
2. Yahweh is supposedly going to give the Hebrews a _________, but it is revealed by the Levites that this is already populated and fortified.
3. In Neolithic periods, female monarchs rule ____________, according to the findings of scholars.
4. Sacred women are found in Sumerian texts. They esteem the Queen of ____ and she in turn protects them.
5. Aryan priests despise _______ and present the story of Noah and the ark as relatives who survived the flood.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)