|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were thought to have been dispossessed of Palestine by the Hebrews because of their abominations?
2. Clement of Alexandria quotes Christ, saying he has come to destroy the works of the ___________.
3. What is the name of the idols which are found on hilltops, under green trees, and beside Canaanite altars?
4. Who is Abraham's wife who ends up dying at some point of their marriage and who Abraham buries?
5. On the Nile, the king is killed when his health or his __________ fails, according to Stone.
(b) Battle strength
6. When the worship of the Egyptian _________ comes to Rome, sacred women follow the ancient customs there.
7. Who sees a vision of a mysterious figure at the temple fate who tells of 'filthy things' going on inside?
8. What is the real name of the Hittite language, adding to the irony of WWII and the rise of Hitler?
9. Stone believes women were the first to connect ___________ and reproduction and to integrate the reality into religion.
10. Anath buries _____ and avenges him gruesomely, and then allows him to re-enter the world of the living.
11. In 3000 BCE, _________ men are sacrificed at the grave of Osiris as a part of ritual regicide, according to Stone.
12. Inanna has been proven to have killed her consort for his ____________, which appears to be a rarity.
13. The ____________ scroll describes the Levites' banners, dress, duties, and position in detail, according to Stone.
14. Instead of the king being put to death, he is stripped and humiliated in public during the _____________.
(a) Mid Summer's Day Events
(b) New Year Festival
(c) All Souls Festival
(d) Celebration of the Harvest
15. ___________ sacrifices are important to the Levite rites as to the Brahmins, according to Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ are the core of communities, whence not only religious business, but also all urban and rural activities are directed.
2. Who appoints the female monarchs in the earliest historical and Neolithic times?
3. When Moses is done writing Yahweh's laws, he gives them to the ______ to place in the Ark of the Covenant.
4. Zeus is worshiped on Crete as the son of his mother __________ and in one legend sexually attacks her.
5. The Psalms show Yahweh heaping __________ on the wicked, consuming them with fire, according to Stone.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)