|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sexual union between the Goddess and the lover who is young enough to be her son is called _____________.
(b) Sacred Marriage
(d) Special Coupling
2. In an Iranian tale, __________ is warned that people have sinned, so he should build a vara, or fortress to protect civlization.
3. In Anatolia, ____________ declares that once a man has slept with a Goddess, he may never sleep with a woman.
4. ____________, Adam's first wife, refuses to be sexually submissive and later becomes a demon in stories.
5. Married or betrothed women who are ____________ are killed for being __________.
(b) Sexually open
(d) Cheated on
6. Who is NOT one of the historical figures who link the Hebrews with Egypt's Indo-European royalty?
7. Isis and ___________ are still widely worshiped in the Greco-Roman world at the time of the Apostle Paul.
8. The Psalms show Yahweh heaping __________ on the wicked, consuming them with fire, according to Stone.
9. By Babylonian times, kinds are still appointed by _________ but not put to death, according to Stone.
10. The Levites purposefully misspell and mispronounce __________'s name, turn her into a male, and never picture her alone in order to demean her.
11. Clement of Alexandria quotes Christ, saying he has come to destroy the works of the ___________.
12. Pagan ways may have entered through King Solomon's 700 woman ________, according to Stone.
13. What is the name of the Goddess in Anatolia after 1000 BCE, according to Stone?
14. Yahweh is supposedly going to give the Hebrews a _________, but it is revealed by the Levites that this is already populated and fortified.
(a) Promised Land
(b) Sacred space
15. ______________ reflects a political ideology in which a single person rules, while _______________ images the communal attitude.
(a) Monotheism; Polytheism
(b) Polytheism; Monotheism
(c) Matriarchy; Patriarchy
(d) Monotheism; Patriarchy
Short Answer Questions
1. Moses and his brother ______________ are both born to Levite parents and Moses is told to separate from the tribe.
2. The changing of Jacob's name to __________ may suggest they understand their ancestry is symbolic rather than biological.
3. What might happen if a man were to sleep with another woman after having slept with a Goddess?
4. Editing of the Hebrew texts takes place over the many centuries, including _______________ by priests.
5. The _________ regard themselves as racially superior to the conquered peoples which helps to explain other texts.
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)