|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Canaan, women have sex with males in the community who come to honor ____________, according to Stone.
(a) The temple
(b) The powers of nature
(c) The Universe
(d) The Goddess
2. Yahweh is supposedly going to give the Hebrews a _________, but it is revealed by the Levites that this is already populated and fortified.
(a) Promised Land
(b) Sacred space
3. Because Egyptian myths are cumulative, both Horus and Osiris can fight Set, but only ___________ dies.
4. Faithful married women face the possibility of losing their husband's ________ and being sent out of his house.
5. The Levites purposefully misspell and mispronounce __________'s name, turn her into a male, and never picture her alone in order to demean her.
6. Isis and ___________ are still widely worshiped in the Greco-Roman world at the time of the Apostle Paul.
7. The _____________ are a priestly caste that hoards sacred hieroglyphs for their own sacred purposes, according to Stone.
8. The ____________ scroll describes the Levites' banners, dress, duties, and position in detail, according to Stone.
9. Sacred women are found in Sumerian texts. They esteem the Queen of ____ and she in turn protects them.
10. Yahweh may be derived from the Sanskrit meaning ____________, according to some scholars.
11. Editing of the Hebrew texts takes place over the many centuries, including _______________ by priests.
(a) Jesus stories
(b) Blatant lies
(c) Goddess condemnation
(d) Jealous censorship
12. _________ tells Ezekiel to mark the foreheads of men in Jerusalem who commit abominations so they can be destroyed.
13. The Psalms show Yahweh heaping __________ on the wicked, consuming them with fire, according to Stone.
14. Zeus is worshiped on Crete as the son of his mother __________ and in one legend sexually attacks her.
15. The sexual union between the Goddess and the lover who is young enough to be her son is called _____________.
(b) Special Coupling
(d) Sacred Marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Abraham's wife who ends up dying at some point of their marriage and who Abraham buries?
2. The _______ were first known as the sacred women of the temples, though the name changes to being more negative in connotation.
3. King ____________ is threatened with the loss of his kingdom for forsaking Yahweh and worshiping Ashtoreth.
4. What might happen if a man were to sleep with another woman after having slept with a Goddess?
5. What is the name of the Goddess in Anatolia after 1000 BCE, according to Stone?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)