|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________, Adam's first wife, refuses to be sexually submissive and later becomes a demon in stories.
2. Who sees a vision of a mysterious figure at the temple fate who tells of 'filthy things' going on inside?
3. The _________ regard themselves as racially superior to the conquered peoples which helps to explain other texts.
4. King ____________ is threatened with the loss of his kingdom for forsaking Yahweh and worshiping Ashtoreth.
5. What is the mountain which is also given the moniker of the mountain of God in the Bible and in other stories?
(a) Mount Olympus
(b) Mount Anatolia
(c) Mount Vesuvius
(d) Mount Sinai
6. When Moses is done writing Yahweh's laws, he gives them to the ______ to place in the Ark of the Covenant.
7. The Bible shows Moses being adopted by __________________ and given a name that is a frequent part of royal names.
(a) A priest
(b) A Pharaoh's daughter
(c) A shepherd
(d) A common couple
8. The Psalms show Yahweh heaping __________ on the wicked, consuming them with fire, according to Stone.
9. What is the name of the Goddess in Anatolia after 1000 BCE, according to Stone?
10. ____________ warns of famine, violence, and destruction for those who hold to the ways of the Goddess.
11. Zeus is worshiped on Crete as the son of his mother __________ and in one legend sexually attacks her.
12. In an Iranian tale, __________ is warned that people have sinned, so he should build a vara, or fortress to protect civlization.
13. In the first century BCE, children born to ____________ are legitimate and respectable and unmarried women are worshiped.
(b) Married couples
(c) Temple women
(d) Fertility cults
14. The __________ at the time of Moses were the first to demand virginity until marriage for all women, according to Stone.
15. Yahweh is supposedly going to give the Hebrews a _________, but it is revealed by the Levites that this is already populated and fortified.
(b) Promised Land
(d) Sacred space
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeh is sexually defiled by the ___________ so she can defile all women who in turn defile all men, according to Stone.
2. The _____________ are a priestly caste that hoards sacred hieroglyphs for their own sacred purposes, according to Stone.
3. The Levites purposefully misspell and mispronounce __________'s name, turn her into a male, and never picture her alone in order to demean her.
4. On the Nile, the king is killed when his health or his __________ fails, according to Stone.
5. The _______ were first known as the sacred women of the temples, though the name changes to being more negative in connotation.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)