Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 3000 BCE, _________ men are sacrificed at the grave of Osiris as a part of ritual regicide, according to Stone.
2. In Anatolia, ____________ declares that once a man has slept with a Goddess, he may never sleep with a woman.
3. The Bible shows Moses being adopted by __________________ and given a name that is a frequent part of royal names.
(a) A Pharaoh's daughter
(b) A shepherd
(c) A priest
(d) A common couple
4. Who is NOT one of the historical figures who link the Hebrews with Egypt's Indo-European royalty?
5. ___________ sacrifices are important to the Levite rites as to the Brahmins, according to Stone.
6. The _____________ are a priestly caste that hoards sacred hieroglyphs for their own sacred purposes, according to Stone.
7. The ___________, an incarnation of the Goddess, takes not a permanent husband, but rather annual lovers or consorts.
8. Yahweh may be derived from the Sanskrit meaning ____________, according to some scholars.
9. in around 1930 BCE, ancient customers justify military conquests and marrying the high priestess legitimizes __________ in the eyes of the people.
10. Married or betrothed women who are ____________ are killed for being __________.
(a) Sexually open
(b) Cheated on
11. Anath buries _____ and avenges him gruesomely, and then allows him to re-enter the world of the living.
12. The sexual union between the Goddess and the lover who is young enough to be her son is called _____________.
(a) Sacred Marriage
(d) Special Coupling
13. Moses and his brother ______________ are both born to Levite parents and Moses is told to separate from the tribe.
14. The Mesopotamian lamentation festival is connected with the __________ after the jubilation ceremonies of the sacred marriage.
(a) Feast of Booths
(b) All Souls Eve
(c) The Fertility Rites
15. Pagan ways may have entered through King Solomon's 700 woman ________, according to Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appoints the female monarchs in the earliest historical and Neolithic times?
2. The people of the lands worship both Yahweh and Astarte/Baal for __________ in their lives.
3. The _______ were first known as the sacred women of the temples, though the name changes to being more negative in connotation.
4. ______________ reflects a political ideology in which a single person rules, while _______________ images the communal attitude.
5. The ____________ scroll describes the Levites' banners, dress, duties, and position in detail, according to Stone.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)