|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aryan priests despise _______ and present the story of Noah and the ark as relatives who survived the flood.
(a) The Bible
2. In Canaan, women have sex with males in the community who come to honor ____________, according to Stone.
(a) The Goddess
(b) The temple
(c) The powers of nature
(d) The Universe
3. The __________ at the time of Moses were the first to demand virginity until marriage for all women, according to Stone.
4. In Neolithic periods, female monarchs rule ____________, according to the findings of scholars.
5. The Hebrew customer of ____________ marriage whereby a widow is assigned to her brother- or father-in-law.
6. Pagan ways may have entered through King Solomon's 700 woman ________, according to Stone.
7. Anath buries _____ and avenges him gruesomely, and then allows him to re-enter the world of the living.
8. in around 1930 BCE, ancient customers justify military conquests and marrying the high priestess legitimizes __________ in the eyes of the people.
9. In 3000 BCE, _________ men are sacrificed at the grave of Osiris as a part of ritual regicide, according to Stone.
10. Who is the military hero in the tales of Gilgamesh, as the stories continue?
11. The Mesopotamian lamentation festival is connected with the __________ after the jubilation ceremonies of the sacred marriage.
(b) The Fertility Rites
(c) All Souls Eve
(d) Feast of Booths
12. After the division of the Hebrew states, Baal, the storm god, assimilates with the Goddess _____________.
13. Who is Abraham's wife who ends up dying at some point of their marriage and who Abraham buries?
14. By Babylonian times, kinds are still appointed by _________ but not put to death, according to Stone.
15. The changing of Jacob's name to __________ may suggest they understand their ancestry is symbolic rather than biological.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real name of the Hittite language, adding to the irony of WWII and the rise of Hitler?
2. Yahweh may be derived from the Sanskrit meaning ____________, according to some scholars.
3. Who is considered to be the prophet of the tribes and the first prophet of Yahweh?
4. Yahweh is supposedly going to give the Hebrews a _________, but it is revealed by the Levites that this is already populated and fortified.
5. The _______ were first known as the sacred women of the temples, though the name changes to being more negative in connotation.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)