|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mountain-god ___________ rapes the Goddess' daughter Ninlil who is later said to be his wife, according to older documentation.
2. Even as the males gain control over government in Minoan culture, the Goddess remains supreme and the male is a _____________.
3. Stories about the Goddesses were hardly the innocent childlike ____________ that many stories of them have become.
4. The Adam and Eve myth tells a female children her entire ______ is easily tricked, defiant, and provoking, according to Stone.
5. What kind of Sumerian writing allows the historians of the day to be able to find literature that was written about history?
6. The Followers of Horus decide that Egypt will be ruled as a ______________.
(c) Master race
(d) Site of power
7. What is another name for the Northern Tribes as they are described in this chapter?
(a) Old boys' clubs
(b) Warrior kings
(c) Gods of the darkness
(d) Battle ax cultures
8. Some scholars suggest that the influence of the Goddess only seems minor because the Goddess has ___________.
(a) Many names
(b) No control over men
(c) No bearing on everyday life
(d) Little power
9. The female must suffer in pain in ____________ because of the fall of Adam and Eve, according to Stone.
10. Robertson Smith claims the Semitic religion results from the juxtaposition of ___________ worship and a female kinship system.
11. The _____________ Goddess resuscitates her mate, proving she is the ultimate source of life and regeneration.
12. The Mother Goddess provides life and a controllable ____________ to the people who believe in her.
(a) Food supply
(b) Money supply
(c) Water supply
(d) Seasonal pattern
13. The ___________ are ruled by an Aryan warrior caste and worship old Indian deities, according to Stone.
(d) Indian Goddesses
14. Myths that grow from a religion serving a female deity view ______________ differently from those created by male-oriented religions.
15. Robertson Smith claims that in Arabia, all traits of the dominant Goddess are transferred to the _____________ before she is subordinated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the darker skinned Goddess worshiping people who were seen to be culturally superior?
2. Archaeology indicates that societies revere the Mother Goddess as the supreme __________.
3. Which Goddess is thought to be the inventor of agriculture, a healer, a physician, and a lawgiver?
4. Hebrew women are inferior to their neighbors because they are needed to bear many __________.
5. Indo-European deities are male and are mainly what kind of gods, blazing high in the mountains in fire or lightning?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)