|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Followers of Horus decide that Egypt will be ruled as a ______________.
(a) Site of power
(c) Master race
2. The ___________ are ruled by an Aryan warrior caste and worship old Indian deities, according to Stone.
(c) Indian Goddesses
3. It appears that the critical element is matrilineal descent of name and ___________ rather than women in power.
4. The mountain-god ___________ rapes the Goddess' daughter Ninlil who is later said to be his wife, according to older documentation.
5. Which area has the sex roles for society reversed and where a warrior-Goddess is worshiped?
6. The Adam and Eve myth tells a female children her entire ______ is easily tricked, defiant, and provoking, according to Stone.
7. Even as the males gain control over government in Minoan culture, the Goddess remains supreme and the male is a _____________.
8. Various Hatti Goddesses survive the battle of the Hittites, and are known as the __________.
9. Royal families were found to show that the Egyptian culture was ____________, according to Stone.
10. The ________ tribes leave no record of when or why they adopt a male deity, according to Stone.
11. Stone's question is: What affect does worshiping a female deity and living in a _________ society have on women?
12. Archaeology indicates that societies revere the Mother Goddess as the supreme __________.
13. The Hebrew scriptures disguise ____________ as the male Ashtoreth and seek to discredit her, according to Stone.
14. ____________ worship is described throughout the Middle East in the period of time of 3000 BCE.
15. What Goddess is said to be the Goddess of the Northern part of Egypt before 3000 BCE?
(a) Vulture Goddess
(b) Water Goddess
(c) Cobra Goddess
(d) Gold Goddess
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of Sumerian writing allows the historians of the day to be able to find literature that was written about history?
2. Neolithic art at Catal Huyuk, Hacilar, and Elam shows the _______ as subsidiary, according to Stone.
3. Priestly scribes appear to write out of ____________ motive more than religious fervor about supreme male deities and the institution of kingship.
4. In Shuchinak, "Father of the ________" becomes "Father of the Gods" and later "Protector of the Gods of Heave and Earth."
5. The Mother Goddess provides life and a controllable ____________ to the people who believe in her.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)