|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Indo-Aryan and Hoite princes and nobles seek to establish themselves, there is continual __________.
(a) Nomadic disruption
(c) Goddess desecration
(d) Mass executions
2. The _______________ tablets from the same region of the world as the Genesis story tell a different creation story with the woman as the positive part of the story.
3. The Mother Goddess provides life and a controllable ____________ to the people who believe in her.
(a) Food supply
(b) Seasonal pattern
(c) Water supply
(d) Money supply
4. The Hebrew scriptures disguise ____________ as the male Ashtoreth and seek to discredit her, according to Stone.
5. Female deities are extolled for their roles as healers, with female priestesses serving as _____________.
(b) Voodoo doctors
6. Females seem to invent not just agriculture, but also ______________, according to Stone's findings.
7. Diodorus of _________ writes respectfully and admiringly about women wielding power in the lands where he travels.
8. _____________ is the name given by scholars to Cretan cultural sites on the Greek mainland.
9. During her six year reign, Queen Athalia reestablishes __________ which angers the Hebrew priest
10. In "The Golden Ass," the Goddess speaks of herself as ___________, manifesting herself in various gods and goddesses.
11. Love poems found hint that ____________ women were the ones who did the wooing in relationships, according to Stone.
12. Robertson Smith claims that in Arabia, all traits of the dominant Goddess are transferred to the _____________ before she is subordinated.
13. At some point, the Goddess acquires a male who becomes her lover or consort, but she retains _____________.
(a) Her God partner
(d) A husband
14. According to the writing "The Golden Ass," what is the proper name of the Goddess?
(b) Queen Isis
(c) Queen Astarte
(d) Queen Mother
15. What is another name for the Northern Tribes as they are described in this chapter?
(a) Battle ax cultures
(b) Old boys' clubs
(c) Gods of the darkness
(d) Warrior kings
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Sumerian Queen of Heaven, according to historical scholars and to evidence from the time period?
2. The ___________ are ruled by an Aryan warrior caste and worship old Indian deities, according to Stone.
3. The _____________ Goddess resuscitates her mate, proving she is the ultimate source of life and regeneration.
4. Who is the weaker brother or husband to the Egyptian Goddess Isis?
5. Greek accounts of women defending ancient shrines and expelling invaders may be the basis for ____________ legends.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)