|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Adam and Eve myth tells a female children her entire ______ is easily tricked, defiant, and provoking, according to Stone.
2. According to the writing "The Golden Ass," what is the proper name of the Goddess?
(b) Queen Mother
(c) Queen Isis
(d) Queen Astarte
3. Love poems found hint that ____________ women were the ones who did the wooing in relationships, according to Stone.
4. Which area has communal marriage, according to the writings of Diodorus?
5. As advances in ____________ and domestication of animals clarify the male's role in reproduction, the mythological spouse gains importance.
6. Women lose ground in Mesopotamia as the _________ goddesses are relegated to the role of consorts to particular gods.
7. Brother-sister marriage is seen in Egypt in order to give _______ access to royal privilege as international marriages were prohibited.
8. Robertson Smith claims that in Arabia, all traits of the dominant Goddess are transferred to the _____________ before she is subordinated.
9. Some scholars suggest that the influence of the Goddess only seems minor because the Goddess has ___________.
(a) No bearing on everyday life
(b) Little power
(c) No control over men
(d) Many names
10. The mountain-god ___________ rapes the Goddess' daughter Ninlil who is later said to be his wife, according to older documentation.
11. The Followers of Horus decide that Egypt will be ruled as a ______________.
(b) Site of power
(d) Master race
12. The ___________ are ruled by an Aryan warrior caste and worship old Indian deities, according to Stone.
(d) Indian Goddesses
13. During her six year reign, Queen Athalia reestablishes __________ which angers the Hebrew priest
14. ___________ figures are everywhere: in fire sacrifices, astral bodies, lightning, skin color, and some of the gods - Brahma, Mithra, and Dyaus Pitar.
15. Even as the males gain control over government in Minoan culture, the Goddess remains supreme and the male is a _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the darker skinned Goddess worshiping people who were seen to be culturally superior?
2. Stories about the Goddesses were hardly the innocent childlike ____________ that many stories of them have become.
3. The female must suffer in pain in ____________ because of the fall of Adam and Eve, according to Stone.
4. Females seem to invent not just agriculture, but also ______________, according to Stone's findings.
5. Archaeology indicates that societies revere the Mother Goddess as the supreme __________.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)