|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ are ruled by an Aryan warrior caste and worship old Indian deities, according to Stone.
(a) Indian Goddesses
2. The Followers of Horus decide that Egypt will be ruled as a ______________.
(c) Master race
(d) Site of power
3. Which Goddess is said to have created everything, including setting the Sun God Ra into the sky?
4. The ________ tribes leave no record of when or why they adopt a male deity, according to Stone.
5. ___________ figures are everywhere: in fire sacrifices, astral bodies, lightning, skin color, and some of the gods - Brahma, Mithra, and Dyaus Pitar.
6. At some point, the Goddess acquires a male who becomes her lover or consort, but she retains _____________.
(c) Her God partner
(d) A husband
7. Which area has the sex roles for society reversed and where a warrior-Goddess is worshiped?
8. Hittite armies often clash with ___________ in their attempts to try to control Canaan, according to Stone.
9. Some priestesses act as _______, providing military and political advice to royalty, though the men begin to outnumber them.
10. The Code of _____________ shows that women retain some of their rights as the times begin to change.
11. It appears that the critical element is matrilineal descent of name and ___________ rather than women in power.
12. Stories about the Goddesses were hardly the innocent childlike ____________ that many stories of them have become.
13. Egypt practices ___________ when they need to determine property and descent in the society.
(a) Goddess will
(d) God structure
14. Who is the first prophet of Yahweh, who arrives thousands of years after the Goddess emerges in history?
15. What do the words 'bala' in Sanskrit, or bull, and 'tura' from Akkadian times mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. Neolithic art at Catal Huyuk, Hacilar, and Elam shows the _______ as subsidiary, according to Stone.
2. Who were the light-skinned warriors who encountered the darker-skinned Goddess worshiping people?
3. Cretan women are _____________ free and enjoy high standing in their society, according to Stone.
4. As Indo-Aryan and Hoite princes and nobles seek to establish themselves, there is continual __________.
5. What is another name for Artemis, as discover by scholars in the classical Greek times?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)