Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Sumerian Queen of Heaven, according to historical scholars and to evidence from the time period?
2. The _____________ invasions weaken the matrilineal tradition and the Dorians make patrilineal succession normative.
3. According to the writing "The Golden Ass," what is the proper name of the Goddess?
(a) Queen Isis
(b) Queen Astarte
(d) Queen Mother
4. In "The Golden Ass," the Goddess speaks of herself as ___________, manifesting herself in various gods and goddesses.
5. Who is the weaker brother or husband to the Egyptian Goddess Isis?
6. The _____________ Goddess resuscitates her mate, proving she is the ultimate source of life and regeneration.
7. Klein suggests that home ownership in early societies makes _________ depend on __________.
(a) Females; males
(b) Females; females
(c) Males; males
(d) Males; females
8. Female deities are extolled for their roles as healers, with female priestesses serving as _____________.
(c) Voodoo doctors
9. Royal families were found to show that the Egyptian culture was ____________, according to Stone.
10. Hittite armies often clash with ___________ in their attempts to try to control Canaan, according to Stone.
11. Greek accounts of women defending ancient shrines and expelling invaders may be the basis for ____________ legends.
12. Which area has the sex roles for society reversed and where a warrior-Goddess is worshiped?
13. Even as the males gain control over government in Minoan culture, the Goddess remains supreme and the male is a _____________.
14. What do the words 'bala' in Sanskrit, or bull, and 'tura' from Akkadian times mean?
15. Love poems found hint that ____________ women were the ones who did the wooing in relationships, according to Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone's question is: What affect does worshiping a female deity and living in a _________ society have on women?
2. The ___________ are ruled by an Aryan warrior caste and worship old Indian deities, according to Stone.
3. Indo-European deities are male and are mainly what kind of gods, blazing high in the mountains in fire or lightning?
4. The Followers of Horus decide that Egypt will be ruled as a ______________.
5. ___________ is just another attempt at explaining human existence - yet Western civilization accepts this contrived myth as history.
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)