|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In northern Canaan, Adath, the "Important Lady of the _____________" rules in Ugarit in the 14th century BCE.
(c) Royal House
(d) Royal Family
2. Hat-Hor is symbolized by a ________ with a cobra on her forehead, as the nature of Ua Zit is retained in the culture.
3. One theory is that the woman's ability to produce ___________ so awes men that they worship women.
4. Which Goddess is thought to be the inventor of agriculture, a healer, a physician, and a lawgiver?
5. Stone discovers that what she thought about sun/moon gods and earth/heaven symbolism is ____________.
(b) A lie
6. ___________ women work in business, hold real estate, lend money, and work as scribes around the time of 2000 BCE.
7. Archaeology indicates that societies revere the Mother Goddess as the supreme __________.
8. Hebrew women are inferior to their neighbors because they are needed to bear many __________.
9. The female must suffer in pain in ____________ because of the fall of Adam and Eve, according to Stone.
10. Various Hatti Goddesses survive the battle of the Hittites, and are known as the __________.
11. In Shuchinak, "Father of the ________" becomes "Father of the Gods" and later "Protector of the Gods of Heave and Earth."
12. It appears that the critical element is matrilineal descent of name and ___________ rather than women in power.
13. Some scholars suggest that the influence of the Goddess only seems minor because the Goddess has ___________.
(a) No bearing on everyday life
(b) Little power
(c) Many names
(d) No control over men
14. What kind of Sumerian writing allows the historians of the day to be able to find literature that was written about history?
15. Indo-European deities are male and are mainly what kind of gods, blazing high in the mountains in fire or lightning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the darker skinned Goddess worshiping people who were seen to be culturally superior?
2. ___________ women cannot engage in business and are killed for losing their virginity before marriage, even if they were raped.
3. Hittite armies often clash with ___________ in their attempts to try to control Canaan, according to Stone.
4. What is NOT a city-state which is matrilineal, according to Stone?
5. The Bhagavad-Gita shows ______ bringing culture and light to aborigines who are called demons if they refuse and monkeys or bears if they accept.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)