|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eridu worships a fish or water god, which is consistent with their introducing __________ in their society.
(c) Irrigation canals
2. What is another name for Artemis, as discover by scholars in the classical Greek times?
3. At Nimrud, documents show that women still serve as ____________ and magistrates in the 8th century BCE.
4. ______________ have been found in primitive settlements from Spain to Siberia, hailing from 25,000 BCE.
(a) Goddess books
(b) Willendorf sculptures
(c) Venus figures
(d) Male figurines
5. What is another name for the Northern Tribes as they are described in this chapter?
(a) Gods of the darkness
(b) Old boys' clubs
(c) Battle ax cultures
(d) Warrior kings
6. The Mother Goddess provides life and a controllable ____________ to the people who believe in her.
(a) Food supply
(b) Money supply
(c) Seasonal pattern
(d) Water supply
7. The _____________ invasions weaken the matrilineal tradition and the Dorians make patrilineal succession normative.
8. In Shuchinak, "Father of the ________" becomes "Father of the Gods" and later "Protector of the Gods of Heave and Earth."
9. The mountain-god ___________ rapes the Goddess' daughter Ninlil who is later said to be his wife, according to older documentation.
10. As advances in ____________ and domestication of animals clarify the male's role in reproduction, the mythological spouse gains importance.
11. What do the words 'bala' in Sanskrit, or bull, and 'tura' from Akkadian times mean?
12. Who charges Inanna with stealing the gifts of civilization from him, according to Stone?
13. The _____________ Goddess resuscitates her mate, proving she is the ultimate source of life and regeneration.
14. The Bhagavad-Gita shows ______ bringing culture and light to aborigines who are called demons if they refuse and monkeys or bears if they accept.
15. Some scholars suggest that the influence of the Goddess only seems minor because the Goddess has ___________.
(a) No control over men
(b) Many names
(c) No bearing on everyday life
(d) Little power
Short Answer Questions
1. The female must suffer in pain in ____________ because of the fall of Adam and Eve, according to Stone.
2. Which Goddess is thought to be the inventor of agriculture, a healer, a physician, and a lawgiver?
3. What Goddess is said to be the Goddess of the Northern part of Egypt before 3000 BCE?
4. _____________ is the name given by scholars to Cretan cultural sites on the Greek mainland.
5. The Upper Paleolithic existence of the Goddess is speculative since it precedes ______________.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)