|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As advances in ____________ and domestication of animals clarify the male's role in reproduction, the mythological spouse gains importance.
2. As Indo-Aryan and Hoite princes and nobles seek to establish themselves, there is continual __________.
(a) Mass executions
(b) Nomadic disruption
(d) Goddess desecration
3. The Bhagavad-Gita shows ______ bringing culture and light to aborigines who are called demons if they refuse and monkeys or bears if they accept.
4. Female deities are extolled for their roles as healers, with female priestesses serving as _____________.
(c) Voodoo doctors
5. The _____________ Goddess resuscitates her mate, proving she is the ultimate source of life and regeneration.
6. Females seem to invent not just agriculture, but also ______________, according to Stone's findings.
7. _____________ is the name given by scholars to Cretan cultural sites on the Greek mainland.
8. The Upper Paleolithic existence of the Goddess is speculative since it precedes ______________.
(d) Academic life
9. ____________ worship is described throughout the Middle East in the period of time of 3000 BCE.
10. Archaeology indicates that societies revere the Mother Goddess as the supreme __________.
11. What is NOT a city-state which is matrilineal, according to Stone?
12. The Followers of Horus decide that Egypt will be ruled as a ______________.
(b) Master race
(d) Site of power
13. The _____________ invasions weaken the matrilineal tradition and the Dorians make patrilineal succession normative.
14. At some point, the Goddess acquires a male who becomes her lover or consort, but she retains _____________.
(c) Her God partner
(d) A husband
15. The mountain-god ___________ rapes the Goddess' daughter Ninlil who is later said to be his wife, according to older documentation.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ figures are everywhere: in fire sacrifices, astral bodies, lightning, skin color, and some of the gods - Brahma, Mithra, and Dyaus Pitar.
2. Various Hatti Goddesses survive the battle of the Hittites, and are known as the __________.
3. Myths that grow from a religion serving a female deity view ______________ differently from those created by male-oriented religions.
4. Royal families were found to show that the Egyptian culture was ____________, according to Stone.
5. What is another name for Artemis, as discover by scholars in the classical Greek times?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)