|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ is said to have been Queen Omphale's servile lover, according to Stone.
2. The female must suffer in pain in ____________ because of the fall of Adam and Eve, according to Stone.
3. The ________ tribes leave no record of when or why they adopt a male deity, according to Stone.
4. Hat-Hor is symbolized by a ________ with a cobra on her forehead, as the nature of Ua Zit is retained in the culture.
5. What Goddess is said to be the Goddess of the Northern part of Egypt before 3000 BCE?
(a) Gold Goddess
(b) Vulture Goddess
(c) Water Goddess
(d) Cobra Goddess
6. ____________ continues to be revered as the bestower of rights to shepherds and kings, suggesting matrilineal rights still apply to royalty.
7. The Bhagavad-Gita shows ______ bringing culture and light to aborigines who are called demons if they refuse and monkeys or bears if they accept.
8. _____________ is the name given by scholars to Cretan cultural sites on the Greek mainland.
9. Royal families were found to show that the Egyptian culture was ____________, according to Stone.
10. Various Hatti Goddesses survive the battle of the Hittites, and are known as the __________.
11. The _____________ invasions weaken the matrilineal tradition and the Dorians make patrilineal succession normative.
12. Which Goddess is said to have created everything, including setting the Sun God Ra into the sky?
13. The Upper Paleolithic existence of the Goddess is speculative since it precedes ______________.
(d) Academic life
14. As Indo-Aryan and Hoite princes and nobles seek to establish themselves, there is continual __________.
(b) Mass executions
(c) Goddess desecration
(d) Nomadic disruption
15. One theory is that the woman's ability to produce ___________ so awes men that they worship women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the light-skinned warriors who encountered the darker-skinned Goddess worshiping people?
2. Which Goddess is thought to be the inventor of agriculture, a healer, a physician, and a lawgiver?
3. Stone's question is: What affect does worshiping a female deity and living in a _________ society have on women?
4. The ___________ are ruled by an Aryan warrior caste and worship old Indian deities, according to Stone.
5. What do the words 'bala' in Sanskrit, or bull, and 'tura' from Akkadian times mean?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)