|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greek accounts of women defending ancient shrines and expelling invaders may be the basis for ____________ legends.
2. Who is the weaker brother or husband to the Egyptian Goddess Isis?
3. Robertson Smith claims that in Arabia, all traits of the dominant Goddess are transferred to the _____________ before she is subordinated.
4. __________, "Lord of the mountains," kills Danu and her son Vrtra, causing cosmic waters to flow, which gives birth to the sun.
5. Hittite armies often clash with ___________ in their attempts to try to control Canaan, according to Stone.
6. The Bhagavad-Gita shows ______ bringing culture and light to aborigines who are called demons if they refuse and monkeys or bears if they accept.
7. Egypt practices ___________ when they need to determine property and descent in the society.
(a) Goddess will
(b) God structure
8. Neolithic art at Catal Huyuk, Hacilar, and Elam shows the _______ as subsidiary, according to Stone.
9. Various Hatti Goddesses survive the battle of the Hittites, and are known as the __________.
10. At Nimrud, documents show that women still serve as ____________ and magistrates in the 8th century BCE.
11. The Adam and Eve myth tells a female children her entire ______ is easily tricked, defiant, and provoking, according to Stone.
12. Female deities are extolled for their roles as healers, with female priestesses serving as _____________.
(c) Voodoo doctors
13. As advances in ____________ and domestication of animals clarify the male's role in reproduction, the mythological spouse gains importance.
14. During her six year reign, Queen Athalia reestablishes __________ which angers the Hebrew priest
15. Brother-sister marriage is seen in Egypt in order to give _______ access to royal privilege as international marriages were prohibited.
Short Answer Questions
1. The illiterate Northerners adopt two alphabets for their Sanskrit language in which they produce the _____________.
2. ___________ is just another attempt at explaining human existence - yet Western civilization accepts this contrived myth as history.
3. Indo-European deities are male and are mainly what kind of gods, blazing high in the mountains in fire or lightning?
4. The Mother Goddess provides life and a controllable ____________ to the people who believe in her.
5. Which area has communal marriage, according to the writings of Diodorus?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)