|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the weaker brother or husband to the Egyptian Goddess Isis?
2. What is another name for the Northern Tribes as they are described in this chapter?
(a) Battle ax cultures
(b) Warrior kings
(c) Gods of the darkness
(d) Old boys' clubs
3. Neolithic art at Catal Huyuk, Hacilar, and Elam shows the _______ as subsidiary, according to Stone.
4. What is NOT a city-state which is matrilineal, according to Stone?
5. Egypt practices ___________ when they need to determine property and descent in the society.
(b) Goddess will
(d) God structure
6. As Indo-Aryan and Hoite princes and nobles seek to establish themselves, there is continual __________.
(a) Goddess desecration
(b) Mass executions
(c) Nomadic disruption
7. Women lose ground in Mesopotamia as the _________ goddesses are relegated to the role of consorts to particular gods.
8. According to the writing "The Golden Ass," what is the proper name of the Goddess?
(a) Queen Mother
(b) Queen Astarte
(d) Queen Isis
9. Greek accounts of women defending ancient shrines and expelling invaders may be the basis for ____________ legends.
10. Royal families were found to show that the Egyptian culture was ____________, according to Stone.
11. Indo-European deities are male and are mainly what kind of gods, blazing high in the mountains in fire or lightning?
12. Which Goddess is thought to be the inventor of agriculture, a healer, a physician, and a lawgiver?
13. Eridu worships a fish or water god, which is consistent with their introducing __________ in their society.
(d) Irrigation canals
14. Who charges Inanna with stealing the gifts of civilization from him, according to Stone?
15. Who were the light-skinned warriors who encountered the darker-skinned Goddess worshiping people?
(a) Indo-Ayyan barbarians
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ continues to be revered as the bestower of rights to shepherds and kings, suggesting matrilineal rights still apply to royalty.
2. What kind of Sumerian writing allows the historians of the day to be able to find literature that was written about history?
3. The Followers of Horus decide that Egypt will be ruled as a ______________.
4. The _____________ invasions weaken the matrilineal tradition and the Dorians make patrilineal succession normative.
5. The Mother Goddess provides life and a controllable ____________ to the people who believe in her.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)