|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women lose ground in Mesopotamia as the _________ goddesses are relegated to the role of consorts to particular gods.
2. Royal families were found to show that the Egyptian culture was ____________, according to Stone.
3. Which Goddess is thought to be the inventor of agriculture, a healer, a physician, and a lawgiver?
4. The Adam and Eve myth tells a female children her entire ______ is easily tricked, defiant, and provoking, according to Stone.
5. Females seem to invent not just agriculture, but also ______________, according to Stone's findings.
6. According to the writing "The Golden Ass," what is the proper name of the Goddess?
(a) Queen Astarte
(b) Queen Mother
(d) Queen Isis
7. Stories about the Goddesses were hardly the innocent childlike ____________ that many stories of them have become.
8. Hebrew women are inferior to their neighbors because they are needed to bear many __________.
9. Various Hatti Goddesses survive the battle of the Hittites, and are known as the __________.
10. The Bhagavad-Gita shows ______ bringing culture and light to aborigines who are called demons if they refuse and monkeys or bears if they accept.
11. Archaeology indicates that societies revere the Mother Goddess as the supreme __________.
12. Eridu worships a fish or water god, which is consistent with their introducing __________ in their society.
(a) Irrigation canals
13. What do the words 'bala' in Sanskrit, or bull, and 'tura' from Akkadian times mean?
14. Some priestesses act as _______, providing military and political advice to royalty, though the men begin to outnumber them.
15. Who were the light-skinned warriors who encountered the darker-skinned Goddess worshiping people?
(a) Indo-Ayyan barbarians
Short Answer Questions
1. It appears that the critical element is matrilineal descent of name and ___________ rather than women in power.
2. The _____________ invasions weaken the matrilineal tradition and the Dorians make patrilineal succession normative.
3. ______________ is said to have been Queen Omphale's servile lover, according to Stone.
4. ___________ is just another attempt at explaining human existence - yet Western civilization accepts this contrived myth as history.
5. Hat-Hor is symbolized by a ________ with a cobra on her forehead, as the nature of Ua Zit is retained in the culture.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)