|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Female deities are extolled for their roles as healers, with female priestesses serving as _____________.
(c) Voodoo doctors
2. The Bhagavad-Gita shows ______ bringing culture and light to aborigines who are called demons if they refuse and monkeys or bears if they accept.
3. In northern Canaan, Adath, the "Important Lady of the _____________" rules in Ugarit in the 14th century BCE.
(c) Royal House
(d) Royal Family
4. The ________ tribes leave no record of when or why they adopt a male deity, according to Stone.
5. Stone discovers that what she thought about sun/moon gods and earth/heaven symbolism is ____________.
(b) A lie
6. Robertson Smith claims that in Arabia, all traits of the dominant Goddess are transferred to the _____________ before she is subordinated.
7. ____________ continues to be revered as the bestower of rights to shepherds and kings, suggesting matrilineal rights still apply to royalty.
8. The _____________ Goddess resuscitates her mate, proving she is the ultimate source of life and regeneration.
9. The Code of _____________ shows that women retain some of their rights as the times begin to change.
10. Which area has the sex roles for society reversed and where a warrior-Goddess is worshiped?
11. Archaeology indicates that societies revere the Mother Goddess as the supreme __________.
12. Who is the weaker brother or husband to the Egyptian Goddess Isis?
13. At Nimrud, documents show that women still serve as ____________ and magistrates in the 8th century BCE.
14. ___________ figures are everywhere: in fire sacrifices, astral bodies, lightning, skin color, and some of the gods - Brahma, Mithra, and Dyaus Pitar.
15. What is another name for the Northern Tribes as they are described in this chapter?
(a) Old boys' clubs
(b) Warrior kings
(c) Battle ax cultures
(d) Gods of the darkness
Short Answer Questions
1. __________, "Lord of the mountains," kills Danu and her son Vrtra, causing cosmic waters to flow, which gives birth to the sun.
2. Who is the author of "The Golden Ass' which was written in the second century CE?
3. Which Goddess is thought to be the inventor of agriculture, a healer, a physician, and a lawgiver?
4. Who is the first prophet of Yahweh, who arrives thousands of years after the Goddess emerges in history?
5. Various Hatti Goddesses survive the battle of the Hittites, and are known as the __________.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)