|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greek accounts of women defending ancient shrines and expelling invaders may be the basis for ____________ legends.
2. At Nimrud, documents show that women still serve as ____________ and magistrates in the 8th century BCE.
3. Stories about the Goddesses were hardly the innocent childlike ____________ that many stories of them have become.
4. Various Hatti Goddesses survive the battle of the Hittites, and are known as the __________.
5. ___________ women work in business, hold real estate, lend money, and work as scribes around the time of 2000 BCE.
6. Some scholars suggest that the influence of the Goddess only seems minor because the Goddess has ___________.
(a) No control over men
(b) No bearing on everyday life
(c) Little power
(d) Many names
7. Some priestesses act as _______, providing military and political advice to royalty, though the men begin to outnumber them.
8. Diodorus of _________ writes respectfully and admiringly about women wielding power in the lands where he travels.
9. As Indo-Aryan and Hoite princes and nobles seek to establish themselves, there is continual __________.
(a) Nomadic disruption
(b) Mass executions
(c) Goddess desecration
10. __________, "Lord of the mountains," kills Danu and her son Vrtra, causing cosmic waters to flow, which gives birth to the sun.
11. The female must suffer in pain in ____________ because of the fall of Adam and Eve, according to Stone.
12. ______________ is said to have been Queen Omphale's servile lover, according to Stone.
13. The _____________ invasions weaken the matrilineal tradition and the Dorians make patrilineal succession normative.
14. The _______________ tablets from the same region of the world as the Genesis story tell a different creation story with the woman as the positive part of the story.
15. The Code of _____________ shows that women retain some of their rights as the times begin to change.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Upper Paleolithic existence of the Goddess is speculative since it precedes ______________.
2. According to the writing "The Golden Ass," what is the proper name of the Goddess?
3. ___________ figures are everywhere: in fire sacrifices, astral bodies, lightning, skin color, and some of the gods - Brahma, Mithra, and Dyaus Pitar.
4. Hat-Hor is symbolized by a ________ with a cobra on her forehead, as the nature of Ua Zit is retained in the culture.
5. Who were the darker skinned Goddess worshiping people who were seen to be culturally superior?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)