|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Egypt practices ___________ when they need to determine property and descent in the society.
(a) God structure
(c) Goddess will
2. One theory is that the woman's ability to produce ___________ so awes men that they worship women.
3. Stone discovers that what she thought about sun/moon gods and earth/heaven symbolism is ____________.
(d) A lie
4. What kind of Sumerian writing allows the historians of the day to be able to find literature that was written about history?
5. What Goddess is said to be the Goddess of the Southern part of Egypt before 3000 BCE?
(a) Gold Goddess
(b) Vulture Goddess
(c) Cobra Goddess
(d) Water Goddess
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____________ invasions weaken the matrilineal tradition and the Dorians make patrilineal succession normative.
2. Stone's question is: What affect does worshiping a female deity and living in a _________ society have on women?
3. The Upper Paleolithic existence of the Goddess is speculative since it precedes ______________.
4. What is another name for the Northern Tribes as they are described in this chapter?
5. ____________ continues to be revered as the bestower of rights to shepherds and kings, suggesting matrilineal rights still apply to royalty.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)