|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Goddess is said to have created everything, including setting the Sun God Ra into the sky?
2. Eridu worships a fish or water god, which is consistent with their introducing __________ in their society.
(b) Irrigation canals
3. Robertson Smith claims the Semitic religion results from the juxtaposition of ___________ worship and a female kinship system.
4. What Goddess is said to be the Goddess of the Northern part of Egypt before 3000 BCE?
(a) Vulture Goddess
(b) Cobra Goddess
(c) Gold Goddess
(d) Water Goddess
5. Royal families were found to show that the Egyptian culture was ____________, according to Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the weaker brother or husband to the Egyptian Goddess Isis?
2. The _______________ tablets from the same region of the world as the Genesis story tell a different creation story with the woman as the positive part of the story.
3. ___________ women work in business, hold real estate, lend money, and work as scribes around the time of 2000 BCE.
4. In "The Golden Ass," the Goddess speaks of herself as ___________, manifesting herself in various gods and goddesses.
5. The illiterate Northerners adopt two alphabets for their Sanskrit language in which they produce the _____________.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)