|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first prophet of Yahweh, who arrives thousands of years after the Goddess emerges in history?
2. Stone's question is: What affect does worshiping a female deity and living in a _________ society have on women?
3. Which Goddess is said to have created everything, including setting the Sun God Ra into the sky?
4. Who is the weaker brother or husband to the Egyptian Goddess Isis?
5. What is the name of the Indo-European group who live directly south of the Hittites in Cicilia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Robertson Smith claims the Semitic religion results from the juxtaposition of ___________ worship and a female kinship system.
2. ___________ women cannot engage in business and are killed for losing their virginity before marriage, even if they were raped.
3. The _____________ invasions weaken the matrilineal tradition and the Dorians make patrilineal succession normative.
4. In northern Canaan, Adath, the "Important Lady of the _____________" rules in Ugarit in the 14th century BCE.
5. Hebrew women are inferior to their neighbors because they are needed to bear many __________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)