|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hebrew women are inferior to their neighbors because they are needed to bear many __________.
2. Archaeology indicates that societies revere the Mother Goddess as the supreme __________.
3. Brother-sister marriage is seen in Egypt in order to give _______ access to royal privilege as international marriages were prohibited.
4. According to the writing "The Golden Ass," what is the proper name of the Goddess?
(a) Queen Isis
(b) Queen Mother
(d) Queen Astarte
5. ___________ women work in business, hold real estate, lend money, and work as scribes around the time of 2000 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mother Goddess provides life and a controllable ____________ to the people who believe in her.
2. Stories about the Goddesses were hardly the innocent childlike ____________ that many stories of them have become.
3. ______________ is said to have been Queen Omphale's servile lover, according to Stone.
4. Cretan women are _____________ free and enjoy high standing in their society, according to Stone.
5. During her six year reign, Queen Athalia reestablishes __________ which angers the Hebrew priest
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)