|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Golden Ass," the Goddess speaks of herself as ___________, manifesting herself in various gods and goddesses.
2. Myths that grow from a religion serving a female deity view ______________ differently from those created by male-oriented religions.
3. One theory is that the woman's ability to produce ___________ so awes men that they worship women.
4. Diodorus of _________ writes respectfully and admiringly about women wielding power in the lands where he travels.
5. In Shuchinak, "Father of the ________" becomes "Father of the Gods" and later "Protector of the Gods of Heave and Earth."
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____________ Goddess resuscitates her mate, proving she is the ultimate source of life and regeneration.
2. Who is the first prophet of Yahweh, who arrives thousands of years after the Goddess emerges in history?
3. ___________ women cannot engage in business and are killed for losing their virginity before marriage, even if they were raped.
4. Cretan women are _____________ free and enjoy high standing in their society, according to Stone.
5. ______________ is said to have been Queen Omphale's servile lover, according to Stone.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)