Objective: Merlin Stone's book seems to be based on the idea of the past tugging at the future's concerns. Today's objective is to talk about the value of history for the present day.
1) 1. Have each student share with the class one event from history they feel has influenced them in today's world.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think history is important to learn. Why or why not?
3. As a class, have the students discuss why thy think the book uses history to give us ideas about the present day. Is there value in using past events as a groundwork for change and improvement today? Why or why not?
4. Homework: Have each student discuss what things in their past shaped the person they are today. Would they change anything?
5. Homework: Have students discuss whether they feel history is influencing what they can or can not...
This section contains 5,578 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)