• Stone discusses the idea that God was a woman, but is now no longer a part of religion.
• Worship of female deities is found in many cultures, but is reduced to fairy tales.
• There are numerous creation myths in history, not just Adam and Eve.
• The existence of the Goddess is speculative as it precedes writing, but evidence does exist.
• There were many names for the Goddess.
• Some art shows the male as subsidiary.
• Goddess is seen as the ultimate source of life.
• Women seem to have had roles of power in society and in the home.
• Some Egyptian men were the keepers of the house while the women attended to business.
• Love poems hint that Egyptian women do the wooing.
• Over time, the woman becomes the consort of Gods, rather than an equal, in some cultures.
• Women seemed to have managed financial affairs at...
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)