|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a major media type that supported the predominant media sources?
(b) Public Address.
2. According to the author, the hazing of enlisted men by officers would best be described as which of the following?
(b) Official policy.
3. The author suggests that combat training replaces what other activity typical for young men?
(c) Organized sports.
4. How did the military handle blunders that resulted in casualties?
(a) By ignoring them.
(b) By paying double insurance to grieving families.
(c) By attributing them to enemy action.
(d) By covering them up.
5. What type of novels became more popular during the war?
(a) War stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the editor of Horizon?
2. How was God related to the war in the political and media interpretation in America?
3. Many idioms originating in the war might be described as which of the following?
4. Which of the following does the author not list as a cause of the increasing lack of individuality with which solders were treated?
5. Italians were considered to prefer which of the following to war?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)