|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was a predominant source of media during World War II?
(a) Flyers and handbills.
(c) Public Address.
(d) Print Advertisements.
2. Why did enlisted men require an "anodyne"?
(a) To make up for their low self-images.
(b) To provide a distraction.
(c) To cope with the stresses of warfare.
(d) To deal with the loss of friends.
3. Which of the following is one major type of resource that American citizens were deprived of during the war?
(c) Exotic foods.
(d) Wood for construction.
4. Americans believed that heavy bombers had what quality?
(b) Perfect accuracy.
(c) Unlimited mobility.
5. The media presented a view wherein the suffering of the nation's citizenry was linked to what?
(a) The enemy's aggression.
(b) Necessary sacrifices.
(c) A grand strategy.
(d) Lofty ideals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Public media took its cues from what source?
2. Which of the following qualities of warfare does the author NOT suggest to be a contributing factor in military blunders?
3. Overall, the reading experience of most citizens and soldiers could best be described as which of the following?
4. "Accentuate the positive" describes a media strategy to do what?
5. What was one way that the military controlled the reports of blunders coming from embedded reporters?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)