|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did most soldiers regard reading?
(a) They loved it as a pastime.
(b) They looked down on it.
(c) They regarded it as pointless.
(d) They engaged in it only when there were no alternatives.
2. According to one rumor, what substance was added to food served to servicemen?
3. The compensation from the title of Chapter 15 refers to what?
(a) Pay for soldiers.
(b) The upside of excessive patriotism.
(c) Good things that came out of the war.
(d) Allied victories.
4. What was one innovation in book publishing that came out of the war?
(a) Paper-back books.
(b) Mass publication.
(c) Tight type setting.
(d) Movable type.
5. How closely did the official and public media outlets coordinate their coverage?
(a) They colluded closely together.
(b) They had no coordination.
(c) They communicated only occasionally.
(d) They competed with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Allegedly, agents working for the axis spread what rumor?
2. The soldiers' primary sources of information primarily focused on what subject?
3. What was the impact of the mainstream presentation of the war in the American media?
4. How was God related to the war in the political and media interpretation in America?
5. According to the author, what belief is typical of younger soldiers and not of older soldiers?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)