|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that the author states to have been almost totally marred by high-mindedness during the war?
2. What is one major product for which many improvised substitutes were devised?
3. According to the author, what was the typical age of a soldier for the allies in WWII?
4. Which of the following is one major type of resource that American citizens were deprived of during the war?
(a) Exotic foods.
(d) Wood for construction.
5. Why did enlisted men require an "anodyne"?
(a) To cope with the stresses of warfare.
(b) To provide a distraction.
(c) To make up for their low self-images.
(d) To deal with the loss of friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what belief is typical of younger soldiers and not of older soldiers?
2. What was Ernie Pyle's profession?
3. What type of magazine was Horizon?
4. How did most soldiers regard reading?
5. Rumors about the axis frequently dealt with what subject?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)