|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most soldiers believed that the meaning and purpose of the war was which of the following?
(a) Defeating fascism.
(b) Nothing definable.
2. How did most Americans regard Pearl Harbor?
(a) As a normal combat engagement.
(b) As the typical type of battle to be expected.
(c) As a well-executed attack.
(d) As an aberration.
3. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are driving what sort of vehicle?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A half-track.
(d) A tank.
4. What nation does the author believe to have military training particularly suited to the comparison that he draws?
5. Hazing occurred at what levels within the American military?
(a) At the low-levels only.
(b) At the middle levels only.
(c) At the middle and upper levels.
(d) At all levels.
Short Answer Questions
1. The deprivation that the title of Chapter 14 refers to is a deprivation of what resource?
2. According to the author, what was the unstated purpose of the use of inveterate profanity?
3. What was done in England to frustrate a potential invading force?
4. In the American armed services, the term "chickenshit" referred to what?
5. What drink did German troops generally prefer?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)