|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impact of Horizon is considered briefly at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Its continuing impact.
(b) Its impact on state media.
(c) Its understated impact.
(d) Its impact on contemporary journalistic style.
2. How completely did the mainstream media cover events of the war?
(a) They covered only a small part of the story.
(b) They covered small pieces from all sides of the story.
(c) They tried hard to tell the whole story.
(d) Their coverage was irregular and random.
3. "Accentuate the positive" describes a media strategy to do what?
(a) Write in a positive way.
(b) Deny cover ups and scandals.
(c) Keep American's thoroughly informed.
(d) Emphasize American successes.
4. What did the average soldiers believe about the meaning of the war?
(a) They had no ideas about it.
(b) They have strong opinions about it.
(c) They are in full support of it.
(d) They strongly disapprove of it.
5. What other outlets are specifically cited in Chapter 13 for adopting the tone and texture of official media?
(a) Fiction and poetry.
(c) Public service announcements.
(d) Religious services.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the American media react to the image of many conscripts being drunkards?
2. What was one of the causes of the lack of quality in the media and other outlets during the war?
3. How important was a rumor's accuracy and predictive success for its tendency to spread?
4. The media tended to do what with negative reports from the war?
5. Citizens were considered subversive if they did not participate in what efforts?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)