|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did much of the American public react to initial reports of violence, chaos and casualty figures?
(a) They refused to believe them.
(b) They ignored them.
(c) They were uninterested.
(d) They were appalled.
2. "Accentuate the positive" describes a media strategy to do what?
(a) Keep American's thoroughly informed.
(b) Emphasize American successes.
(c) Deny cover ups and scandals.
(d) Write in a positive way.
3. According to a common stereotype, Chinese troops were consider to be what?
(a) Crack shots.
4. The media presented a view wherein the suffering of the nation's citizenry was linked to what?
(a) Lofty ideals.
(b) The enemy's aggression.
(c) Necessary sacrifices.
(d) A grand strategy.
5. The author compares military training to which of the following?
(a) A crucible.
(b) The classic Greek gymnasium.
(c) Police force training.
(d) Public school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did enlisted men require an "anodyne"?
2. Americans believed that heavy bombers had what quality?
3. Which of the following qualities of warfare does the author NOT suggest to be a contributing factor in military blunders?
4. Why were did the most enduring war novels come out of a certain time period?
5. Casualties among bombers crews would best be described as which of the following?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)