|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author establish the common soldier's opinion of the meaning of the war?
(a) Through statistics.
(b) Through anecdotes.
(c) Through personal stories.
(d) Through prose and verse quotations.
2. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, what are the soldiers towing?
(a) Ammunition and supplies.
(b) A destroyed enemy vehicle.
(c) A light field-piece.
(d) Heavy artillery.
3. Which of the following is NOT one way that soldiers perceived of the war?
4. Overall, the media presented the war effort as being which of the following?
(a) A struggle to the death.
(b) An immoral act of aggression.
(c) A good-versus-evil apocalypse.
(d) An unwinnable debacle.
5. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are best described as being which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Americans believed that heavy bombers had what quality?
2. How were military blunders usually treated in official reports?
3. Contrary to the media's presentation, the author believed that most allied victories were due to what factors?
4. Why were did the most enduring war novels come out of a certain time period?
5. Which of the following is NOT a major media type that supported the predominant media sources?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)