|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ernie Pyle was notable for taking great pains in his writing to list what?
(a) Medals and citations.
(b) An individual's characteristics.
(c) Names of enlisted men.
(d) Place names.
2. The media tended to do what with negative reports from the war?
(a) Report them quietly.
(b) Cover them thoroughly.
(c) Forget them.
(d) Deny them.
3. The airman discussed in one example of military blunders, and who was killed by English soldiers, belonged to what allied nation?
4. What drink did American troops generally prefer?
5. Overall, the author believes that the political and media-based interpretation of the war was what?
(a) Intentionally deceitful.
(c) Detached from reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a major media type that supported the predominant media sources?
2. The media presented a view wherein the suffering of the nation's citizenry was linked to what?
3. How did much of the American public react to initial reports of violence, chaos and casualty figures?
4. What was done in England to frustrate a potential invading force?
5. German soldiers were typically stereotyped as being which of the following?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)