|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author suggests that disliked soldiers were more likely to be selected for what type of duty?
(a) Rear area duty.
(b) Unimportant combat roles.
(c) Meaningless tasks.
(d) Dangerous combat roles.
2. Why were did the most enduring war novels come out of a certain time period?
(a) Novels were not censored at that time.
(b) More writers were available.
(c) A wider range of expression was tolerated.
(d) The mood of that time captured the total war effort.
3. Most proponents of precision bombing suggested that it be used to destroy what enemy targets?
(c) Ground troops.
(d) Civilian populations.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that American soldiers were told they were fighting for?
5. According to the author, real exposure to warfare had what effect on the beliefs of individual soldiers?
(a) It dispelled their illusions of meaning.
(b) It rid them of their hopes and fears.
(c) It caused them to become even more fervent.
(d) It caused them to doubt their leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ernie Pyle's profession?
2. How old were the youngest soldiers fielded by the axis during the war?
3. How was the self-image of an individual soldier treated?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that most contemporaneous war histories depicted military blunders?
5. What was one way that the military controlled the reports of blunders coming from embedded reporters?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)