|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of story is specifically cited as being unlikely to be reported by mainstream media of the era?
(a) Massive casualties.
(b) Hardships of the front lines.
(c) German bombing of allied cities.
(d) Set backs during offensives.
2. What drink were Royal Navy servicemen issued with?
3. German soldiers were typically stereotyped as being which of the following?
(a) Bloodthirsty berserkers.
(b) Unthinkingly loyal.
(c) Incredibly strong.
(d) Extremely stealthy.
4. What drink did German troops generally prefer?
5. What is unusual about the friendly-fire incident discussed in Chapter 2 and illustrated on page 18?
(a) No one was hurt.
(b) The bombs were all duds.
(c) It was covered up.
(d) It is still denied by military officials to this day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one way that the military controlled the reports of blunders coming from embedded reporters?
2. Why does the author regard the deprivation of soldiers as unremarkable?
3. Italians were considered to prefer which of the following to war?
4. What was one of the causes of the lack of quality in the media and other outlets during the war?
5. How did advertisers change their strategies during the war?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)