|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The drinking among servicemen when alcohol was freely available would best be described as which of the following?
2. Which of the following was a predominant source of media during World War II?
(a) Flyers and handbills.
(b) Print Advertisements.
(c) Public Address.
3. Throughout Chapter 6, the author describes enlisted men as being which of the following?
4. At the beginning of World War II, aerial combat was regarded as exemplifying what obsolescent ideal?
(c) Single combat.
5. How does the author establish the nature of the media's presentation of the war?
(a) Through statistics.
(b) Through anecdotes.
(c) Through personal stories.
(d) Through prose and verse quotations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old were the youngest soldiers fielded by the axis during the war?
2. Even with advanced bombsights, bombs would routinely land how far away from their targets?
3. Overall, the author believes that the political and media-based interpretation of the war was what?
4. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
5. How important was a rumor's accuracy and predictive success for its tendency to spread?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)