|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The media tended to do what with negative reports from the war?
(a) Cover them thoroughly.
(b) Forget them.
(c) Report them quietly.
(d) Deny them.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that American soldiers were told they were fighting for?
3. What are the "Unread Books" to which Chapter 5's title alludes?
(a) The stories about secret military plans.
(b) The lack of interest most officers had for their men.
(c) The vague orders given to many officers.
(d) The lives that dead soldiers never got to experience.
4. The presentation of the war by state and public media is best described as which of the following?
5. The drinking among servicemen when alcohol was freely available would best be described as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. A blunder that causes one force to misidentify another, whether it be friendly or hostile, is called what?
2. When did heavy drinking begin for most conscripts?
3. Americans believed that heavy bombers had what quality?
4. What was Ernie Pyle's profession?
5. The author suggests that in warfare, blunders are how common?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)