|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of World War II, aerial combat was regarded as exemplifying what obsolescent ideal?
(c) Single combat.
2. Which of the following best describes what the author believes about the US media's depiction of warfare?
(a) It was falsified.
(b) It was inadequate.
(c) It was generally accurate.
(d) It was misleading.
3. According to the author, the hazing of enlisted men by officers would best be described as which of the following?
(c) Official policy.
4. What nation does the author believe to have military training particularly suited to the comparison that he draws?
5. Americans believed that heavy bombers had what quality?
(b) Unlimited mobility.
(d) Perfect accuracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons that armies historically favored younger soldiers?
2. Soldiers were often not given what type of information?
3. Overall, the author believes that the political and media-based interpretation of the war was what?
4. How was God related to the war in the political and media interpretation in America?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that American soldiers were usually portrayed by the media?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)