|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soldiers in their thirties were often called what?
(b) Old man.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that American soldiers were told they were fighting for?
3. What was Ernie Pyle's profession?
(c) Junior officer.
(d) Senior enlisted serviceman.
4. Which of the following does the author not list as a cause of the increasing lack of individuality with which solders were treated?
(a) Constant flow of reinforcements.
(b) Huge numbers of casualties.
(c) Military training.
(d) The ideological nature of the war.
5. The use of meaningless and tedious tasks as hazing would best be described as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ernie Pyle was notable for taking great pains in his writing to list what?
2. What term does the author not use as an example of vocabulary intended to demean enlisted men?
3. What was one way that the military controlled the reports of blunders coming from embedded reporters?
4. How closely did the official and public media outlets coordinate their coverage?
5. According to the author, before the outbreak of war, what did Americans expect their military performance to be like?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)