|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soldiers in their thirties were often called what?
(a) Old man.
2. According to the author, most of the well-known novels about WWII are really about what?
(a) Petty hazing.
3. According to the stereotype about Chinese troops, they could survive indefinitely if provided with what?
(a) Dry noodles.
(b) A handful of rice a day.
(c) Dog meat.
(d) Soy bean rations.
4. How did most Americans regard Pearl Harbor?
(a) As the typical type of battle to be expected.
(b) As a well-executed attack.
(c) As an aberration.
(d) As a normal combat engagement.
5. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
(a) Jet-propelled bombers.
(c) Heavy bombers.
(d) Medium bombers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, the hazing of enlisted men by officers would best be described as which of the following?
2. Rumors about the axis frequently dealt with what subject?
3. What are the "Unread Books" to which Chapter 5's title alludes?
4. According to the rumor about servicemen's food, why was a certain substance added to their food?
5. Which of the following qualities of warfare does the author NOT suggest to be a contributing factor in military blunders?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)