|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the average soldiers believe about the meaning of the war?
(a) They have strong opinions about it.
(b) They strongly disapprove of it.
(c) They had no ideas about it.
(d) They are in full support of it.
2. German soldiers were typically stereotyped as being which of the following?
(a) Unthinkingly loyal.
(b) Extremely stealthy.
(c) Incredibly strong.
(d) Bloodthirsty berserkers.
3. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
(a) Heavy bombers.
(c) Jet-propelled bombers.
(d) Medium bombers.
4. What type of story is specifically cited as being unlikely to be reported by mainstream media of the era?
(a) German bombing of allied cities.
(b) Hardships of the front lines.
(c) Massive casualties.
(d) Set backs during offensives.
5. Americans believed that heavy bombers had what quality?
(a) Perfect accuracy.
(d) Unlimited mobility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons that armies historically favored younger soldiers?
2. What drink were Royal Navy servicemen issued with?
3. How was the self-image of an individual soldier treated?
4. According to the author, before the outbreak of war, what did Americans expect their military performance to be like?
5. What term does the author not use as an example of vocabulary intended to demean enlisted men?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)