|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one rumor, what substance was added to food served to servicemen?
2. According to the author, what was the typical age of a soldier for the allies in WWII?
3. How common was the use of alcohol as an anodyne?
4. Ernie Pyle was notable for taking great pains in his writing to list what?
(a) Names of enlisted men.
(b) Medals and citations.
(c) An individual's characteristics.
(d) Place names.
5. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are best described as being which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason given for why rumors were started?
2. What is unusual about the friendly-fire incident discussed in Chapter 2 and illustrated on page 18?
3. The author suggests that before the outbreak of war, the American military was prepared for what type of performance?
4. In general, why was the stereotyping of enemy forces condoned and encouraged?
5. How common was sexual intercourse as an anodyne compared with drinking?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)