|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, most of the well-known novels about WWII are really about what?
(d) Petty hazing.
2. According to the author, rumors are best described as fulfilling what role?
(a) Acting as entertainment.
(b) Filling gaps in information.
(c) Consoling soldiers.
(d) Being a distraction from the war.
3. According to a common stereotype, Chinese troops were consider to be what?
(d) Crack shots.
4. According to the rumor about servicemen's food, why was a certain substance added to their food?
(a) To dampen their sexual ardor.
(b) To cause them to sleep less.
(c) To cause them to eat less.
(d) To drive them crazy in battle.
5. What was one of the most routine ways that enlisted men dealt with the hazing they received from officers?
(a) By fighting amongst themselves.
(b) By insulting officers openly.
(c) By sabotaging the officers' interests.
(d) By complaining to higher ranking officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soldiers were often not given what type of information?
2. Soldiers in their thirties were often called what?
3. The presentation of the war by state and public media is best described as which of the following?
4. According to the author, the hazing of enlisted men by officers would best be described as which of the following?
5. According to one rumor, what substance was added to food served to servicemen?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)