|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Americans believed that heavy bombers had what quality?
(c) Perfect accuracy.
(d) Unlimited mobility.
2. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
(a) Jet-propelled bombers.
(b) Heavy bombers.
(c) Medium bombers.
3. How common was sexual intercourse as an anodyne compared with drinking?
(a) It was equally common.
(b) It was slightly more common.
(c) It was slightly less common.
(d) It was much more common.
4. According to the author, rumors are best described as fulfilling what role?
(a) Acting as entertainment.
(b) Being a distraction from the war.
(c) Consoling soldiers.
(d) Filling gaps in information.
5. When did heavy drinking begin for most conscripts?
(a) In France.
(b) On the transports.
(c) On their first leave while in Europe.
(d) Stateside training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Copies of the New Testament were frequently altered in what way?
2. In general, why was the stereotyping of enemy forces condoned and encouraged?
3. According to one rumor, what substance was added to food served to servicemen?
4. What is unusual about the friendly-fire incident discussed in Chapter 2 and illustrated on page 18?
5. The author suggests that most people prefer to feel that their lives have what?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)