|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does the author not use as an example of vocabulary intended to demean enlisted men?
(a) Pup tent.
(d) Dog tags.
2. According to the author, what belief is typical of younger soldiers and not of older soldiers?
(a) They will survive.
(b) They do not matter.
(c) They will almost certainly die.
(d) They are the best soldiers in the war.
3. Most hazing would best be described as what?
4. What was the name of the technologically advanced bombsight used by American bombers?
5. How common was the use of alcohol as an anodyne?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author suggests that most people prefer to feel that their lives have what?
2. The author suggests that disliked soldiers were more likely to be selected for what type of duty?
3. In the American armed services, the term "chickenshit" referred to what?
4. What drink did German troops generally prefer?
5. What nation does the author believe to have military training particularly suited to the comparison that he draws?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)