|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a concept that the iconic pre-war image in Chapter 1 is said to convey?
(b) Military strength.
(c) Military readiness.
2. The rumor about German sympathizers conveying intelligence to the enemy suggested that they were relaying what type of information?
(a) Artillery locations.
(b) Air strike flight plans.
(c) Troop movements.
(d) Troop locations.
3. According to one rumor, female axis agents were sent to the allies with what?
(a) Poison lipstick.
(c) Venereal diseases.
(d) Concealable radios.
4. What are the "Unread Books" to which Chapter 5's title alludes?
(a) The stories about secret military plans.
(b) The lack of interest most officers had for their men.
(c) The vague orders given to many officers.
(d) The lives that dead soldiers never got to experience.
5. According to one rumor, what substance was added to food served to servicemen?
Short Answer Questions
1. The airman discussed in one example of military blunders, and who was killed by English soldiers, belonged to what allied nation?
2. Casualties among bombers crews would best be described as which of the following?
3. According to the rumor about servicemen's food, why was a certain substance added to their food?
4. Soldiers in their thirties were often called what?
5. What factor does the author cite as being the most important in causing one force to misidentify another?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)