|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did most Americans believe the war would last?
(a) A year.
(b) Three years.
(c) A few months.
(d) Six months.
2. Talismans were believed to perform what function?
(a) Bring the soldier luck.
(b) Give the soldier physical strength.
(c) Allow the soldier to recover from wounds.
(d) Protect the soldier in combat.
3. Most proponents of precision bombing suggested that it be used to destroy what enemy targets?
(a) Ground troops.
(c) Civilian populations.
4. What was Ernie Pyle's profession?
(a) Senior enlisted serviceman.
(c) Junior officer.
5. The author suggests that in warfare, blunders are how common?
(a) Extremely rare.
(d) Quite common.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did most Americans regard Pearl Harbor?
2. The presentation of the war by state and public media is best described as which of the following?
3. American's believed that what typically American resource would allow them to win the war?
4. How old were axis soldiers compared to allied soldiers?
5. How were military blunders usually treated in official reports?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)