|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of World War II, aerial combat was regarded as exemplifying what obsolescent ideal?
(b) Single combat.
2. How did the military handle blunders that resulted in casualties?
(a) By ignoring them.
(b) By paying double insurance to grieving families.
(c) By attributing them to enemy action.
(d) By covering them up.
3. The rumor about German sympathizers conveying intelligence to the enemy suggested that they were relaying what type of information?
(a) Artillery locations.
(b) Air strike flight plans.
(c) Troop movements.
(d) Troop locations.
4. The author suggests that combat training replaces what other activity typical for young men?
(b) Organized sports.
5. Casualties among bombers crews would best be described as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to one rumor, what substance was added to food served to servicemen?
2. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
3. How did much of the American public react to initial reports of violence, chaos and casualty figures?
4. Compared with the enlisted men, officers would best be described as which of the following?
5. How important was a rumor's accuracy and predictive success for its tendency to spread?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)