Mid-Book Test (up to 19-23)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Why does the typical man have a poor conception of beauty?
2. According to "Text for Newspaper Days," what is modern journalism missing?
3. What did Mencken, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, feel about the tradition of giving medals in the military?
4. Which book was Mencken's touchstone into literature?
5. In "The Good Man," what general statement did Mencken make about mankind?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. What was Mencken's opinion about Henry Cabot Lodge?
2. What was...
This section contains 999 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)