Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would a civilization have to do to build a time machine?
(a) Create a new cosmos.
(b) Surpass a time travel "horizon."
(c) Generate enough heat to fuel the time machine's engines.
(d) Preclude the time travel paradox.
2. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space can't be observed.
(b) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(c) Time and space are only observed.
(d) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
3. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
(d) New York.
4. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
5. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings depends on?
(a) The amount of space in the universe.
(b) The amount of thought in the universe.
(c) The amount of time in the universe.
(d) The amount of matter in the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
2. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
3. How many galaxies are there?
4. By what year was Einstein famous?
5. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)